PDA

View Full Version : Well.

Benwin
08-15-2009, 01:52 AM
I'm bass-ackwards...

I've posted a handful of times, and have yet to post a 'hello world' message. So, here goes...

I'll start with a quote from a thread I posted in a couple of weeks ago, edited to include information that I neglected to add the first time.

I was involved in an accident on 3/30/09 and... hell, I'll just copy/paste from an earlier post... http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4576/img0047d.jpg

I was the driver of that car. What hit it? A 71,000lb semi @ 40mph.

The injuries I suffered were numerous:
Collapsed lung (Had to have a chest tube put in to re-inflate it)
Concussion resulting in loss of consciousness
Ruptured spleen (Had to be removed, it was bleeding out)
Lacerated liver
T12 and L1-5 Vertebrae in spine fractured
Sacrum fractured vertically - top to nearly bottom
Pelvis fractured in 3 places
Nerve damage in both thighs (No hot/cold/tickle sensation, only pressure)
Nerve damage in left butt-cheek (No feeling)
Muscle damage in left thigh
First 3 fingers on right hand tingle
Area below left thumb (palm) always tingles

And I've got a filter permanently in my "Inferior Vena Cava" to catch blood clots (I wasn't able to walk for almost 3 months, so the doctors were concerned) (More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferior_vena_cava_filter)

This was 3/30/2009 - I am now walking. In nearly constant pain (lower back, and sacral area hurt when I sit for any length of time, lower back hurts when I stand still. Walking and laying down are pain-free, go figure). I still can't balance on just my left leg, so I have to sit to get dressed.Well, by the grace of whatever 'higher power' there is, if you believe in one (I'm still not sure... my life has been rough lately), a family friend offered to buy for me a 1995 Grand Marquis LS - It has 162k miles, $950... I don't think it's the one with the slightly more powerful engine, but IT'S A CAR! And, I miss my 92 Grand Marquis.

This car will be my daily driver until I get my settlement (the semi driver was at-fault). And at that time, the Grand Marquis will be given to my best friend (assuming he hasn't gotten a car yet), and I will purchase a Marauder, get it S/C, new rear end... etc... Buy a house, pay my debt off, go to school, and live COMFORTABLY for the rest of my life!

I thank the powers-that-be every day that I was in such a well-built TANK of a car... I'll *NEVER* own an econobox... To hell with the environmental hippies...

imorb1994
08-15-2009, 01:58 AM
Missed it the first time(the previous post). But man did the car do its job and save your butt.
Hope everything with the recovery and settlement goes well.

Benwin
08-15-2009, 02:03 AM
Thank you!
I've already made some friends from the forums.
Mary (Awesome lady, anyone who has a problem with her is an idiot!)
Dominick (My Italian Stallion, lol - inside joke)
RoyLPita (SUPER Helpful!)
Adam/Cleveland (I pissed him off, but he's still good in my book)

And I hope to make many more! I will be coming up to Quake Steak and Lube this weekend, I hope... You guys from here in Northern Ohio still meet up there, right?

Ms. Denmark
08-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Welcome! That was some horrible accident. Glad to know you are recovering. Gotta be tough. Best of luck!

LIGHTNIN1
08-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Welcome. I missed your first post as I don't read everything. Sorry about the pain but glad you are improving. Yeah you would not be here in an environmental car. Good luck with everything. Look forward to your post.

justbob
08-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Can I be one of your friends? I think we also know somebody else in common......

TiTo35
08-15-2009, 10:01 AM
WOW...glad you made it out of there! :welcome:

Benwin
08-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Can I be one of your friends? I think we also know somebody else in common......

Is the person we know ******* crazy, has his mommy drive him everywhere, and refuses to drive his marauder because it 'doesnt get up and go!'?

If so, SURE!

RoyLPita
08-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site.

Too late. You already have been for a while. :jk:

justbob
08-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Is the person we know ******* crazy, has his mommy drive him everywhere, and refuses to drive his marauder because it 'doesnt get up and go!'?

If so, SURE!
No, this guy is more of the "information type" and knows how to make a MM get up and go.:beer:

Benwin
08-15-2009, 04:12 PM
lol does the name start with a z and rhyme with zack?

justbob
08-15-2009, 05:18 PM
No thats not him, wrong guy, you were close but now far off, theres no way thats him, Zack who.:beer:

Benwin
08-15-2009, 08:53 PM
lol chicken! just say it!!

justbob
08-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Not touchin that one......

Zack

Krytin
08-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Glad you made it out of there alive!
Panthers Rule!!

I hope you continue to recover and may your lawer(s) be successful!