PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions?

ezratty
08-18-2009, 04:34 PM
I foolishly sold my '03 Marauder last year for a fuel efficent '08 Ford Taurus during the gas price explosion (I was blinded by stupidity) SO anyway I with the help of another member I ordered my taurus just they way I wanted and waited 13 weeks for delivery........and have had problems since day 1.

In the past 357 days the car has been in to ford around TEN times for problems.

Sway bar, alignment, alignment, alignment, power seat problem, strut, drivers window problem, power seat problem, end link, sunroof problem, and will be returning to Ford tomorow for another suspension issue.

I have contacted ford and asked them to buy back the car.....they are evaluating my case ( probably just the usual wait time to make it look like they are really looking out for their customers)

Well any suggestion, besides buliding a time machine and going back to stop myself from selling my Marauder.............

FastMerc
08-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I foolishly sold my '03 Marauder last year for a fuel efficent '08 Ford Taurus during the gas price explosion (I was blinded by stupidity) SO anyway I with the help of another member I ordered my taurus just they way I wanted and waited 13 weeks for delivery........and have had problems since day 1.

Sway bar, alignment, alignment, alignment, power seat problem, strut, drivers window problem, power seat problem, end link, sunroof problem, and will be returning to Ford tomorow for another suspension issue.

I have contacted ford and asked them to buy back the car.....they are evaluating my case ( probably just the usual wait time to make it look like they are really looking out for their customers)

Well any suggestion, besides buliding a time machine and going back to stop myself from selling my Marauder.............
Go back in time....:)

LIGHTNIN1
08-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Any dealer should think more about their reputation than that. Contact medi, radio ,tv and see if they will do a story on it. See if there is some consumer group to help. There are "lemon laws" some places. If that doesn't work try selling it to your brother in law. If no brother in law see if there are any tall bridges in area to run car off of and collect insurance.:dunno:

CRUZTAKER
08-19-2009, 12:35 PM
The ironic part is that this has happened to many Marauder owners as well.

:dunno:

TiTo35
08-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Bridge sounds good...Carmax? I dont think Ford will buy the car back knowing how many problems you had with it. Cash for Clunkers? :dunno:

Mesencephalon
08-19-2009, 01:21 PM

Any chance you could go back in time? :banana:

Mesencephalon
08-19-2009, 01:22 PM
WAIT I know ... tell them you won't sue them if they just exchange it for a 2010 SHO.

Egon Spengler
08-19-2009, 01:23 PM
With all the problems you have had with it, if you have saved the documentation, they insurance company might not even bat an eye if you found a way to make the car look like it had an electrical fire! haha

Phrog_gunner
08-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Some states have a "lemon law" where if you buy a new car and have too many problems with it, they HAVE to buy it back. Check your state and see if they have one and what the criteria are. I think in FL you have to have taken the car back 3 times for the same problem (in your case suspension).

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Are you going to the same dealer for the "alignment, alignment, alignment" every time? If so I would try another dealer next time

Aren Jay
08-19-2009, 02:28 PM
I could sell you a time Machine...

(anyone who sells a Marauder and buys a Taurus because of high gas prices will buy anything.)

Guaranteed or your money back on the day before you bought it.

Otherwise you could buy another Marauder, sell the Taurus and chaulk the loss up to life lesson number one: never panic. This can be an expensive lesson but is a good way to learn what not to do in the future.

Also handy for time travellers.

My 1986 Mustang was new when purchased but had about a dozen or so problems, including the smoking ignition semi recalled thing. But after it was fixed up it worked flawlessly for 17 years.

BLACKMARAUDER04
08-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Can you say SHO?