PDA

View Full Version : Procharger guys BEWARE

blazen71
08-20-2009, 04:42 PM
I've had my Procharger for almost a year now and i love it. I only have one issue so far. All the intercooler piping is universal. I've seen pics of Reinharts custom piping and its like 3 pieces! Procharger is 18 pieces, and thats after the supercharger not including the intake. So anyways the piping isn't secured all that well unless you make up your own hold downs, or brackets. I pulled the elbow off of the throttle body to clean the throttle body and when I put it back on one of the rubber connectors got too close to the power steering pully. A new elbow for $20 and an hour of my time got me back on the road. Moral of the story, with universal piping be careful!!!!!!!

ImpalaSlayer
08-20-2009, 04:51 PM
did you get the from frozen boost?

Seneca
08-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah I've been keeping an eye on that myself. So far it's nice and clear.

FormulaMarauder
08-23-2009, 01:01 PM
18 pieces!! Good Lord, I didn't know it was that much!! Yeah the DR Vortech kit is 3 pieces and stupid simple to install.

Dennis Reinhart
08-23-2009, 01:15 PM
You may also want to rethink the PCV system, and use the EV111 and convert your car to a true PCV system, Rich did this on his car.

Marauderjack
08-23-2009, 02:45 PM
You may also want to rethink the PCV system, and use the EV111 and convert your car to a true PCV system, Rich did this on his car.

Me too!!:beer:

Well worth doing!!:D

O's Fan Rich
08-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I've had my Procharger for almost a year now and i love it. I only have one issue so far. All the intercooler piping is universal. I've seen pics of Reinharts custom piping and its like 3 pieces! Procharger is 18 pieces, and thats after the supercharger not including the intake. So anyways the piping isn't secured all that well unless you make up your own hold downs, or brackets. I pulled the elbow off of the throttle body to clean the throttle body and when I put it back on one of the rubber connectors got too close to the power steering pully. A new elbow for $20 and an hour of my time got me back on the road. Moral of the story, with universal piping be careful!!!!!!!

Silicone sealer and duct tape!!:banana:

blazen71
08-23-2009, 07:31 PM

I did that right away when i installed the Procharger!!! I used the EV153.

MMMAN
08-24-2009, 05:15 AM
I'm in the process of having mine custom fabricated to reduce the amount of clamps needed. I found a shop near by that will bend and weld polished aluminum. The stock kit was not very well thought out. I'm also going to change to silcone and t-bolt clamps for a more secure fit. I'll post pics once it's completed.

Embassy
08-24-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm in the process of having mine custom fabricated to reduce the amount of clamps needed. I found a shop near by that will bend and weld polished aluminum. The stock kit was not very well thought out. I'm also going to change to silcone and t-bolt clamps for a more secure fit. I'll post pics once it's completed.

Please do.