PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy Install Problem

1 Bad Merc
08-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi Guys,

I need some help.......I have recently re-installed my Trilogy on my car and I went ahead and started the car up. It immediatley revs to 3500-4000 rpms and I shut it down fast. I then checked all the vacumn hoses and everything looks like it is connected. I checked the throttle and it is resting on the stops and is fine. I then look at the scan guage and it is throwing me an error code - P13ff. I have never seen this code before and have no idea what it could be.

The only thing I can think of is when I was putting the supercharger back on the housing moved a little bit before I put the screws back in. I moved it back and I am wondering if I broke that little bead on the bottom and that I am having a major vacum leak. The motor is running so fast that I dont have the time to check for a leak the old fashion way. I wanted to check with everyone here first to see if they might have any other ideas about what I should check for before I end up pulling the supercharger back off.

Thanks

Brad

merc
08-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I need some help.......I have recently re-installed my Trilogy on my car and I went ahead and started the car up. It immediatley revs to 3500-4000 rpms and I shut it down fast. I then checked all the vacumn hoses and everything looks like it is connected. I checked the throttle and it is resting on the stops and is fine. I then look at the scan guage and it is throwing me an error code - P13ff. I have never seen this code before and have no idea what it could be.

The only thing I can think of is when I was putting the supercharger back on the housing moved a little bit before I put the screws back in. I moved it back and I am wondering if I broke that little bead on the bottom and that I am having a major vacum leak. The motor is running so fast that I dont have the time to check for a leak the old fashion way. I wanted to check with everyone here first to see if they might have any other ideas about what I should check for before I end up pulling the supercharger back off.

Thanks

Brad

P13FF - Manufacturer Controlled Ignition System or Misfire

Check all your injector plugs and COP wires.

Blk Mamba
08-23-2009, 08:29 PM
For the hell of it restrict the air entering your CAI, (hand over the opening), and have someone else start the engine, see what that does, you will know if it's getting air somewhere else.

1 Bad Merc
08-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks guys. Good suggestions. I will go back and check the cops/plugs. I will try restricting the CAI but this motor is revving up so fast I dont want to let it run as I am afraid I will be putting in motor #2!

Blk Mamba
08-24-2009, 08:36 AM
If you completely restrict the air entering the CAI, it should not start, unless there is a vacuum leak.

1 Bad Merc
08-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Great idea....will give it a go. Thank you for the help.

Brad

justbob
08-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Nevermind. Called you and heard its fixed.

Bradley G
08-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Is that thing whining Yet?

O's Fan Rich
08-25-2009, 04:14 AM
Funny how it's usually something simple, huh Brad?

1 Bad Merc
08-25-2009, 06:59 AM
You know it Rich - It is crazy how these things work. Tallboy was spot on and saved me alot of work and effort. One little part turned the wrong way and watch out! The car definitely sounded mean revving up to 4,000 rpms like it did though-even through the stock mufflers.

No wonder you guys are addicted to this stuff ....once you start you cant stop!

Car is finally running fine and I am going to get tuned at Bob Kurgan's Motorsports on Thursday. Cant wait to see what she has as I am running both a modified exhaust with headers/cut-outs and a 3.0 pulley. Should pull some strong numbers and I will post them when I get them.

Brad

1 Bad Merc
08-25-2009, 07:06 AM
Oh yeah....forgot to mention that I re-gapped the spark plugs to .032 like the Trilogy tip sheet tells you to (after I finally read it) and my error code simply disappeared. Since normal 4.6 engine plugs are gapped at .052 and I figured it must be the same. The moral of the story is -Read the Tip Sheet before you install your Supercharger or other power adder!

Brad