PDA

View Full Version : SPARTA Control Arms with MM.NET DISCOUNT AVAILABLE NOW

Blackened300a
08-25-2009, 09:37 AM
:banana:ORDERS ARE BEING ACCEPTED RIGHT NOW!:banana:

MM.NET DISCOUNT GOING ON TIL 9/02/09 FOR SPARTA CONTROL ARMS!

TYPE IN THE WORD "HERMES" IN THE COUPON SECTION AND RECIEVE A $33 DISCOUNT OFF YOUR ORDER AS WELL AS FREE SHIPPING!!!

AS A ADDED INTRODUCTORY OFFER, YOU CAN CHOOSE THE COLOR OF YOUR CONTROL ARMS FOR FREE!!

AVAILABLE COLORS ARE....
BLUE,RED,ORANGE,YELLOW,BLACK, AND MIRROR FINISH SILVER!

FOLLOW THE LINK------>https://ssl111.webhosting.optonline.ne t/spartaperformance.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?products_id=1 73

ONCE THE DISCOUNT EXPIRES IT WILL TAKE 7 DAYS AFTERWARDS TO BEGIN THE SHIPPING PROCESS ESPECIALLY FOR THE MULTI-COLOR ORDERS.

https://ssl111.webhosting.optonline.ne t/spartaperformance.com/merchantmanager/images/uploads/marauderarms.jpg

sd8683
08-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Payment SENT!!!!!!! I can't wait to get my BLUE Control arms!!!! Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this Paul!

Sean

joemama
08-25-2009, 05:06 PM
I ordered a set of black ones YESTERDAY...no discount for me I guess...:shake:

Blackened300a
08-25-2009, 05:09 PM

Have no fear. Tommy's a good guy and will be in touch with you soon. We want everyone to get on board with the discount.

SpartaPerformance
08-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Hey Joe, I refunded part of your payment, it should be posted shortly. Turn that frown outside down! :)

LANDY
08-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Just ordered them in silver. Thanks blackened300a and vendor

joemama
08-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Hey Joe, I refunded part of your payment, it should be posted shortly. Turn that frown outside down! :)

You are the man! :banana2: I am really looking forward to those control arms! :burnout:

TAKEDOWN
08-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Those look great, I was wondering what is the difference between yours and Metco? Weight? Material? Thanks in advance, Sir.

Blackened300a
08-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Those look great, I was wondering what is the difference between yours and Metco? Weight? Material? Thanks in advance, Sir.

Metcos are billet aluminum, These are a lightweight tubed steel. Metco uses energy suspension brand poly bushings with grease fittings, These use a poly/delrin bushing which last longer then rubber and are greaseless, Metco only come in silver, These come in 6 different powder coated colors, Metco is almost $450 for a set of arms, These are less then $300 right now with the MM.net discount.

Im installing a set tomorrow with full pictures and write up. I think these are a home run!

fastblackmerc
08-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Metcos are billet aluminum, These are a lightweight tubed steel. Metco uses Energy Suspension-brand polyurethane bushings with grease fittings. These use a poly/delrin bushing which last longer and greaseless, Metco only come in silver, These come in 6 different powder coated colors, Metco is almost $450 for a set of arms, These are less then $300 right now with the MM.net discount.

Im installing a set tomorrow with full pictures and write up. I think these are a home run!

Fixed it for you.

Blackened300a
08-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Fixed it for you.

Thanks!, I was under the impression they were rubber.

fastblackmerc
08-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks!, I was under the impression they were rubber.

No problem. I just emailed Metco.

Ms. Denmark
08-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Looking forward to your write up Paul. Mr. Man is quite interested in these and your impressions. He'd like to see how they work in conjunction w/ the new Watts linkage your buddy is working on as he may ask Santa for the package, along w/ the Addco sway bars. Is your buddy interested in doing the sway bars too?

Blackened300a
08-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Looking forward to your write up Paul. Mr. Man is quite interested in these and your impressions. He'd like to see how they work in conjunction w/ the new Watts linkage your buddy is working on as he may ask Santa for the package, along w/ the Addco sway bars. Is your buddy interested in doing the sway bars too?

Im looking forward to seeing the results as well! The watts linkage is still a few weeks away before we have a prototype. These should all work perfectly together.
Addco is the best deal for sway bars so thats the way to go. Our objective was a low cost high quality product. I was going to go Metco but I decided to look for other options and talking to the right people helped develop a item that may prove to be on par with Metco for far less! If you are on the fence, you have until 9/2 to get in on the MM.net discount. We are trying to send the fabricator a strong message that there will be a demand for this item and to continue production. Thats why we are pushing the item.

fastblackmerc
08-26-2009, 03:09 PM

Go to Addco for the sway bars.

I installed the front and rear Addco sway bars and noticed an immediate difference in the way my MM handled.

Did the Metco rear control arms about 6 months later. Another noticeable (good) difference in handling.

Added the Metco Watts link 3 months later. Was a b**** to install (one nut is torqued to 200 something ft lbs). Looks really nice, but really couldn't feel any difference in the handling. I'm sure it's doing something, just couldn't feel it like the other two mods.

rayjay
08-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Ordered my silver ones yesterday.

SpartaPerformance
08-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Metcos are billet aluminum, These are a lightweight tubed steel. Metco uses energy suspension brand poly bushings with grease fittings, These use a poly/delrin bushing which last longer then rubber and are greaseless, Metco only come in silver, These come in 6 different powder coated colors, Metco is almost $450 for a set of arms, These are less then $300 right now with the MM.net discount.

They are rectangular tube steel, round tube would not have proper diameter in the narrow brackets. Paul the tracking says I should have the arms Thursday, I get FedEx around 3, so get your groove on time to turn some wrenches and sweat. :bigcry:

I have an order where shipping and payment info don't match, please access the email account you used for shipping and contact me please.

PRCARGUY
08-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Just ordered a set of the silver control arms. :D

rayjay
08-27-2009, 02:41 AM
I have an order where shipping and payment info don't match, please access the email account you used for shipping and contact me please.

Wouldn't be mine would it? Upstate NY. There are sometimes issues with my address, but I don't have an email from you.

LANDY
08-27-2009, 03:54 AM
They are rectangular tube steel, round tube would not have proper diameter in the narrow brackets. Paul the tracking says I should have the arms Thursday, I get FedEx around 3, so get your groove on time to turn some wrenches and sweat. :bigcry:

i think is mine, i received a e-mail from your sales rep. well both adress should be 2725 sw 27 ave apt c3 gainesville fl 32608

SpartaPerformance
08-27-2009, 01:10 PM
i think is mine, i received a e-mail from your sales rep. well both adress should be 2725 sw 27 ave apt c3 gainesville fl 32608

Yup it was you but I've been told we're all good!! Can never be too safe especially with other peoples money. I don't want anybody to get :flamer:

LANDY
08-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Yup it was you but I've been told we're all good!! Can never be too safe especially with other peoples money. I don't want anybody to get :flamer:
:beer: highly appreciated.
LANDY

Dobs
09-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Canadian customer are included into this deal?

Blackened300a
09-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Canadian customer are included into this deal?

Yes but there is a charge for shipping. You still qualify for the price discount and the free color choice.

SpartaPerformance
09-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Yes free shipping is only to 48 contiguous states. The sale ends midnight tonight EST I believe so if you want to get in on the deal there is still time left.

Sactown
09-15-2009, 12:29 PM

These look sweet, how do you like them?

Blackened300a
09-15-2009, 12:59 PM
These look sweet, how do you like them?

I only had a hour drive time before I had to pull them off and return them to the fabricator. The rear felt much stiffer and the launches felt harder. There is definitely a difference. I hope to have my permanent set installed in time for MV-7.

rayjay
09-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Received mine today. They are beautiful! Install tomorrow, maybe, if my medical situation will allow. :rolleyes:

sd8683
09-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Did mine today! They look fantastic! I had a hell of a time with the drivers side upper control arm axle side bolt, of course it was the last bolt too! What a pain in the ass! Anyway it went smoothly besides the one bolt.
I'll take some pics tomorrow, I lost daylight tonight so I didn't get any tonight.

Blackened300a
09-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Did mine today! They look fantastic! I had a hell of a time with the drivers side upper control arm axle side bolt, of course it was the last bolt too! What a pain in the ass! Anyway it went smoothly besides the one bolt.

Drivers side upper gave you a problem? I think I installed the arms bottom first then the upper and had to use a mallet and tap the lower rearward bolt in a little to get it to line up. Everything else went in without any issue.

sd8683
09-20-2009, 04:51 AM
Drivers side upper gave you a problem? I think I installed the arms bottom first then the upper and had to use a mallet and tap the lower rearward bolt in a little to get it to line up. Everything else went in without any issue.

Removing the old drivers side upper gave me a problem, after I got that weird nut off the bolt just kept spinning and wouldn't back out.

SpartaPerformance
09-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Hey Paul remember the driver side upper on the frame gave us a bit of trouble too, we had to use an impact gun to break it loose.

Blackened300a
09-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Hey Paul remember the driver side upper on the frame gave us a bit of trouble too, we had to use an impact gun to break it loose.

Yeah it was tight but it didn't spin or really give us too much of a issue during the reinstall.

sd8683
09-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah it was tight but it didn't spin or really give us too much of a issue during the reinstall.

There was no issue with the reinstall Paul, just removing the bolt to get the old control arm off.

Blackened300a
09-20-2009, 10:43 AM
There was no issue with the reinstall Paul, just removing the bolt to get the old control arm off.

OK, how did the bolt look? Mine looked a bit worn out.

sd8683
09-20-2009, 10:52 AM

The threads were caked with crud, I cleaned it with a wire brush before installing the new and improved CA

rayjay
09-21-2009, 06:21 AM
I'm down for the count and can't do mine myself right now. I either do them next spring or have someone else do it. Its like a hour job for a pro shop right?

Blackened300a
09-21-2009, 06:36 AM
I'm down for the count and can't do mine myself right now. I either do them next spring or have someone else do it. Its like a hour job for a pro shop right?

Oh no Ray, What happened now?

It takes about a 1/2 hour with air tools, less then a hour with handtools.
If you were closer, I would have you come down to my shop and I would do the install for you.

Krytin
09-21-2009, 06:40 AM
The factory bolts are "undercut" from just below the head of the bolt to the threads - don't ask me why because I don't know!

Blackened300a
09-21-2009, 06:48 AM
The factory bolts are "undercut" from just below the head of the bolt to the threads - don't ask me why because I don't know!

OK good to know. I thought was I would have to make a trip to replace that bolt.

rayjay
09-21-2009, 06:50 AM
Oh no Ray, What happened now?

It takes about a 1/2 hour with air tools, less then a hour with handtools.
If you were closer, I would have you come down to my shop and I would do the install for you.

Lower abdominal issue I just let ride for the last three years, has now become a "has to be dealt with now issue". :rolleyes: Procrastination never seems to work out. Thanks for the offer.

ts-pa
09-21-2009, 07:04 AM

It is most likely from the threads being "rolled" into the material. This forces the material into a thread shape, increasing the diameter at the threads. The method is very economical to a manufacturer and is actually stronger than "cut" threads. The forming process kind of forges the material at the threads.

ts-pa
09-21-2009, 07:08 AM
This thread reminds me of the Mac/Zack arms, but without the drama.
I like the square tube look! Are the arms coated in any manner other than paint?

Blackened300a
09-21-2009, 07:26 AM
This thread reminds me of the Mac/Zack arms, but without the drama.
I like the square tube look! Are the arms coated in any manner other than paint?

The Sparta arms are powdered coated which is stronger and more durable then paint.

Mr. Man
09-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Bump on the links protos. Is there a page to look and see what other colors are available besides the 5 or 6 originals?

Krytin
09-21-2009, 01:48 PM
It is most likely from the threads being "rolled" into the material. This forces the material into a thread shape, increasing the diameter at the threads. The method is very economical to a manufacturer and is actually stronger than "cut" threads. The forming process kind of forges the material at the threads.

You are very likely correct - the bolt necks down about 1/4" - 3/8" below the head and the threads are the same diameter (approx) as the "shoulder" at the top!

SpartaPerformance
09-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Bump on the links protos. Is there a page to look and see what other colors are available besides the 5 or 6 originals?

I think he can do custom color but I have no idea of cost and turn around time. What color did you have in mind?

Mr. Man
09-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Not real sure just thought there might be somewhere to look at a paint wheel or something.

SpartaPerformance
09-22-2009, 06:26 PM
No I'm sorry no paint wheel but if you come up with a color idea let me know.

ts-pa
10-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Powder Coatings use an industry standard for color. So that no matter what country makes an item, the color will be matched. This is used in industrial machines all the time.

Here (http://www.s-kfinishing.com/colorRAL.asp) is a chart with RAL numbers and color samples.

I would imagine that there would have to be several people in agreement on a color due to the costs of buying bags of this stuff. I think that a bag is somewhere around 50-75lbs. So with coating smaller parts such as these control arms, there would have to be several parts per color bag.
It might be wise to ship the parts to a larger powder coating house that already uses a variety of colors for their customers. They may have just enough of a certain color to do smaller batches of parts.

I also think that it might be a good idea to have these steel parts plated before being powder coated. Such as Zinc Chromate, yellow .0002-.0005" thickness. After all, Powder Coating is simply a thicker paint that is baked onto the parts. The reason for this suggestion is that over the years, my Zack & Mac arms started to rust where stones, salt, and Cinder have chipped the Powder Coating away.

I hope that this info helps to make a longer lasting part.

ts-pa
10-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Before someone jumps on me about Powder Coating peeling while applied to Zinc Chromate coatings. If you can find a Finisher that does both in house, they know exactly what works to get this to not peel. It can be done and would add a small increase to the parts costs. One method that I have read about is to use an alkaline phosphate coating after the Chromate and before the PC. I recommend the yellow since I think it is long lasting and is common on auto parts. The Finisher might choose a different type based on the PC finish requirement.

ImpalaSlayer
10-04-2009, 06:35 PM
you can order powder in a quantinty as little as 8oz. ive had multiple pieces done and prices are pretty much the same with the only difference being between metalic or non and the amount of gloss.

ts-pa
10-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Wow, that's good to know! Can you send me a PM with the supplier info?

ImpalaSlayer
10-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Wow, that's good to know! Can you send me a PM with the supplier info?

that is just from looking at eastwoods website. obviosly eastwoods stuff is more for the home powder coater but id assume powder shops could get similar quantitys. for instance, i had my headers ceramic coated in a silver color and it cost me $225 plus they were polished. my dad has aircraft motor mounts done (they are large tube structures not like cars) in a flat black color and it only cost's 100 bucks. its more about the labor that goes into the piece more then anyhting.

ts-pa
10-04-2009, 08:14 PM
My experience with this stuff was while I worked with a machine builder where they claimed that they could only buy this stuff in large quantities. This sucked for us since we only had a few items to be done in a safety yellow color, yet we had to buy the whole bag. IIRC, it was about $400 for a bag in 2001. We had to pass on the price increase to our customer. I tried to convince them to outsource the finish work, but the in house finish dept. got real mad at me for this suggestion.

As for your prices, basic colors as you described are not that expensive due to having the color on hand. A larger finishing house has a lot of customers with differing color preferences and may have a color on hand that you might be interested in using. Thus keeping the costs down. If that finishing house has experiences with PC on zinc chromate parts, this is all the better.