PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Apollo
08-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Family! How are you guys? The name is Apollo and I am a brand spankin' new Marauder owner. Always wanted one but I've always been a Mustang guy, so you know how that goes. I've been through a 1985 GT, a 1990 GT, a 1994 GT, and a 1996 GT. I never really had the use for a 4 door vehicle.

Well, the bachelor days are over and NOW, my fiance and I are getting ready to start a family and she basically told me, if I'm gonna get a new car, get something practical! Get a four door! Get a family car! Blah Blah Blah. I said fine! That just gave me the perfect excuse to get what I've been wanting for a while. So I went out and found a black MARAUDER, in which I appropriately named "The Hun"! It's a practical car right? lol, but still the power and nastiness that I need under my foot. Who wouldnt want a vehicle that they made so few of, that the owners actually number their cars!?!? Good stuff! I'm keepin this one for a lonnng time.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to the this great pack of wolves! Good damn taste! Feel free to say what's up anytime and I'll do the same.

Apollo :cool:
Detroit Metro Area

JamesHecker
08-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Welcome to the collective!

juno
08-27-2009, 04:49 AM
Welcome and good luck with the MM and the family!!

fastblackmerc
08-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Welcome!

You have a great car to protect your family.

SC Cheesehead
08-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Welcome!

Great bunch of folks here, stop by often.

03calitejas
08-27-2009, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the site!!! I am sure you can bring some fresh new ideas here from your days with those hot mustangs. I think you'll really enjoy the Marauder and find there a lots of great ways to personalize your car and add to it as time and money permits....congrats also on the end of the bachelor days and the upcoming family

ctrlraven
08-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Welcome and smart thinking when you got the Marauder, perfect family sedan!

Start modding the car now before you get married!!!!! :lol:

ckadiddle
08-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Welcome! Your Marauder (and other Pather platform vehicles) will protect your family like nothing else in the event of a crash. Make sure you belt everyone in, every time.

As you dig through the site, you will see many instances where Marauder owners walked away from terrible crashes with only bruises.

If you do no other mods ever, you definitely need to purchase a custom tune. It really wakes up the stock Marauder.

LIGHTNIN1
08-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Welcome.:welcome1:

Hope you enjoy the car and this site.

1 Bad Merc
08-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Congrats on your purchase! Welcome to the collective as you will be assimiliated.

Prepare now to start modding your Marauder...once you start and see the perfomance gains you will keep going.

Hope you enjoy this site.

RoyLPita
08-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new ride.

frdwrnch
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Welcome aboard! Let the mods begin!

jgc61sr2002
08-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Congrats and welcome aboard.:D

TAKEDOWN
08-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Congrats on the perfect excuse and welcome, but why keep the MARAUDER for a long time when you can keep her forever!

Jolly Roger
08-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Welcome,
glad you picked what has proven to be the fastest color.
(Not trying to start anything of course). lol ;)

Apollo
08-31-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks alot fellas for the welcome! Been driving it for a couple days now. Just did the extensive wash and detail yesterday all day. Had to wipe the previous owner out of my car! Being a mustang guy, I'm really amazed by the horsepower in this car, and how quick I get up to 80 mph on the highway without even knowing it! I was also amazed by the gas mileage I got between Detroit and Cleveland. Wow, I can't tell you guys what I got on just a half a tank. You might get jealous! I had 2 people ask me "what kind of car is that?" yesterday in Cleveland. Nice.

My only gripe is the stance of the vehicle. I don't like the back being slightly higher than the front. The old school hot rod look is for just that, the old school. I shut the air suspension OFF so it won't raise up when I start the car and I'm thinking about putting the same size tires all the way around it to help with that. Especially since I have an early 300A with no traction control. The car needs front bumper work due to extensive chipping and also a small dent bothers me. Other than those things, I'm very pleased thus far! I actually enjoy having a vehicle I can work on and improve, so I don't mind. Anyway, thanks again for the welcome!

Apollo

JUST 1BULLITT
08-31-2009, 04:07 PM
WELCOME ABOARD APOLLO! NICE MM you got for yourself; KEEP it forever as "Take Down" said. You'll never see another one like this from our "Big 3" that's for sure! Looking forward to "seeing ya around." ENJOY! :D

Bluerauder
08-31-2009, 04:23 PM
My only gripe is the stance of the vehicle. I don't like the back being slightly higher than the front. The old school hot rod look is for just that, the old school.

Apollo

Funny. It was the stance and rake that caught my eye and got me interested in the Marauder. To each his own .... I guess. ;)

Welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net and enjoy your Marauder.

justbob
08-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Funny. It was the stance and rake that caught my eye and got me interested in the Marauder. To each his own .... I guess. ;)

Welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net and enjoy your Marauder.
Same here Charlie. How about you cut a coil off the front spring and lower the ride height adjuster in the back to your liking and just stuff the bigger back tire up and in the wheel wells a tad like some of us have done. Your cornering will also improve, plus the real treat.....its free. PM RoyLPita for your number, stay safe and have fun!:beer:

Apollo
08-31-2009, 05:20 PM
There's a ride height adjuster on this thing?!?! That's a life saver! Where is it, and how can I make this happen? Thank you!

Apollo
08-31-2009, 08:21 PM
The custom tune you were mentioning? What exactly does it consist of? Where, who, and how much? Any ideas? I'm back and forth between Detroit and Cleveland all the time. I'd love to get that goin. My immediate plans are Super 44 series Flowmasters, 4:10 gears, and that custom tune. That might be all I need to do. Just tryin to excite myself, lol. Don't need to be on the track runnin low 10s. The car is fully stock right now. Just put 255/55/18s on the back, I don't like how it looks though. Gonna go back to the 245/55/18s. I'm just ramblin', love this damn car.

Apollo
08-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Nevermind about the tune, Lidio Here I come!

I still need to know about the ride height adjuster though!

Thanks!