PDA

View Full Version : KING TUT EXHIBIT Oct. 3 Fri. Afternoon. Who Wants To Go?

Ms. Denmark
08-29-2009, 05:56 AM
IT"S OCT 2nd! For those interested in seeing the King Tut Exhibit at The Indianappolis Children's Museum during MV-7, Friday afternoon, Oct. 2nd at 2:00 pm is being planned for a group of us to get our tickets. This is not part of the official MV-7 itinerary so please check on that before making your plans!

Post up your interest here. And please, if one of you can post a link to the King Tut ticket information, it would be very helpful. Tickets are time sensitive so as soon as everyone who wants to go as a group has posted, we can proceed to get tickets. I believe a discount will apply to a group of 10 or more. PLEASE POST YOUR PLANS IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. Hope you can join us!

Bluerauder
08-29-2009, 06:00 AM
For those interested in seeing the King Tut Exhibit at The Indianappolis Children's Museum during MV-7, Friday afternoon, Oct. 3rd at 2:30 pm is being planned for a group of us to get our tickets. This is not part of the official MV-7 itinerary so please check on that before making your plans!

Post up your interest here. And please, if one of you can post a link to the King Tut ticket information, it would be very helpful. Tickets are time sensitive so as soon as everyone who wants to go as a group has posted, we can proceed to get tickets. I believe a discount will apply to a group of 10 or more. PLEASE POST YOUR PLANS IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. Hope you can join us!

I am interested in two (2) for King Tut.

Here is the information and link. Pick "Indianapolis" and then the ticket tab >>>>

Optional King Tut Exhibit (afternoon)
http://www.kingtut.org/about_the_exhibition
Tutankhamun: The Golden King and The Great Pharaohs
@ the Children's Museum of Indianapolis

MyTMerc
08-29-2009, 06:13 AM
For those interested in seeing the King Tut Exhibit at The Indianappolis Children's Museum during MV-7, Friday afternoon, Oct. 3rd at 2:00 pm is being planned for a group of us to get our tickets. This is not part of the official MV-7 itinerary so please check on that before making your plans!

Diane and I are in for Friday afternoon. Are you coordinating a group buy or group purchase code? I'm heading back to the west coast (no mmnet access) on Monday so someone please call my cell if I need to act before next weekend.

Thanks,
Shaun

SC Cheesehead
08-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Diane and I are in for Friday afternoon. Are you coordinating a group buy or group purchase code? I'm heading back to the west coast (no mmnet access) on Monday so someone please call my cell if I need to act before next weekend.

Thanks,
Shaun

I purchased matinee tickets for Terry and I on Friday afteroon, so we can join you.

Charlie was talking about Friday afternoon as well, but I think he had something else in mind...:D

Bluerauder
08-29-2009, 01:28 PM
I purchased matinee tickets for Terry and I on Friday afteroon, so we can join you.

Charlie was talking about Friday afternoon as well, but I think he had something else in mind...:D

With any luck -- I can do both and still have time to stop by the gift shop. :D

DEW34
08-29-2009, 03:31 PM
That exhibt was here in S Fla a few years back. It was very intresting.
mike#90:burnout:

Ms. Denmark
08-29-2009, 06:05 PM
I looked into Group Sales, but it will not save a significant amount and at least 10 tickets must be purchased at once. So, everyone should go to the website in Bluerauder's post and purchase tickets for their own party for 2pm on Friday Oct. 2nd.(Adult Matinee). If 2pm is not available, get 2:30p. :beer:

1stMerc
08-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Just purchased ticket for 2 pm Oct 2

Bluerauder
08-29-2009, 06:50 PM
I looked into Group Sales, but it will not save a significant amount and at least 10 tickets must be purchased at once. So, everyone should go to the website in Bluerauder's post and purchase tickets for their own party for 2pm on Friday Oct. 2nd.(Adult Matinee). If 2pm is not available, get 2:30p. :beer:
OK. We have our tickets for the 2:00 PM Adult Matinee. :D

Mike Poore
08-30-2009, 09:57 AM
The website is totally AFU'd. For tickets call 1-877-888-8587 :)

MyTMerc
08-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Two tickets purchased for 2pm-close from website. $51.50 total.

Bluerauder
08-30-2009, 12:17 PM

Ha, Ha. Mine were $49.00. You must have picked special shipping and got another nice fee. :D

SC Cheesehead
08-30-2009, 01:13 PM

Ha, Ha. Mine were $49.00. You must have picked special shipping and got another nice fee. :D

Did you guys go through the KT website, or Ticketmaster? I used Ticketmaster, $49.00 also.

Mike Poore
08-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Did you guys go through the KT website, or Ticketmaster? I used Ticketmaster, $49.00 also.

Plus $1.50 to download printable tickets. (me and Shaun won't have to stand in line) :D

Embassy
08-31-2009, 03:52 AM
I'll probably be attending this as well.

Ms. Denmark
08-31-2009, 10:54 AM
I'll probably be attending this as well.
Great Steve. Glad you can join us! Ticket master has the tickets for Adult Matinee Fri. 2pm. (oct. 2)

SILVERSURFER03
08-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Seeing that my hospital stay has set me back i may not be able to make it ... Still trying to work it out ...that sounds like a blast ill try to have an answer soon

Bluerauder
09-07-2009, 02:13 PM
My King Tut tickets came in the mail on Saturday. We're set for 2 PM, Friday, 2 October. :D

Ms. Denmark
09-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Seeing that my hospital stay has set me back i may not be able to make it ... Still trying to work it out ...that sounds like a blast ill try to have an answer soonBrian, sorry to hear this. Do you mean possibly not coming to Indy or just to King Tut? Hope you and Nat will be in Indy. Got my fingers crossed!:beer:

Mike Poore
09-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Just a thought about the traffic because of the Colt's game. My experience is that since it's a noon game, there will be no traffic whatsoever. At Penn State games, where there's 120,000 in attendance and rural roads, it's a mess three hours before game time, and once the game begins, the streets are empty. I did a Goggle Earth look at the Children's Museum and there seems to be ample parking, and considering the tickets are time sensitive, there should be no parking problems. I talked it over with my pal, Gordon, yesterday, and he agrees, so if it's a traffic nightmare, with no parking.....blame it on him. :hide: