PDA

View Full Version : How do I correct for tire size?

Motorhead350
08-31-2009, 11:50 PM
I have an Xcal2 and everytime I try to change a setting I screw it up because I am a complete idiot for all things computer related.

Where in the tuner do I correct for tire size? I am putting on the slicks for a race tomorrow.

Please tell me step by step, remember make this so easy someone dumber than an idiot can do it.

Thanks!

Krytin
09-01-2009, 05:26 AM
I changed mine under "revs per mile". The tire specs may list the correct # for the specific tire size but not sure about drag slicks.

fastblackmerc
09-01-2009, 06:38 AM
I have an Xcal2 and everytime I try to change a setting I screw it up because I am a complete idiot for all things computer related.

Where in the tuner do I correct for tire size? I am putting on the slicks for a race tomorrow.

Please tell me step by step, remember make this so easy someone dumber than an idiot can do it.

Thanks!

Ask Zack.................

Marauderjack
09-01-2009, 04:24 PM
GPS!!!:beer::D

Mach1Marauder
09-09-2009, 07:46 PM
I changed mine under "revs per mile". The tire specs may list the correct # for the specific tire size but not sure about drag slicks.

"revs per mile" is correct.
1. He just needs to measure the circumference of the tire.

2. Convert that number to feet by dividing by 12(keep ALL the numbers past the decimal point. It makes it much more accurate.)

3. Take that number and divide that INTO 5,280(a mile) and that's the number that you want to get closest to when selecting "revs per mile" on your handheld.................that IF you were given that option by your tuner or canned tune.

ctrlraven
09-10-2009, 05:38 AM
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Enter in the tire information

Go to the Revs Per Mile setting in the tuner

Scroll till you find the closest one to your number that you are trying to set and then save it and tada.

CRUZTAKER
09-10-2009, 05:42 AM
What tire/wheel combo are you using Dom?

Mach1Marauder
09-10-2009, 07:40 AM
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Enter in the tire information

Go to the Revs Per Mile setting in the tuner

Scroll till you find the closest one to your number that you are trying to set and then save it and tada.
Sorry bubba, but that doesn't work for slicks and that's what the OP needs.

Motorhead350
If you still need help, shoot me a PM, I'll give ya my number and I'll walk ya thru it.

Phrog_gunner
09-10-2009, 07:51 AM
I dunno what kind of tire they are, but every manufacturer website I have been to list the "revs per mile" in the specs of the tires they make. That way you don't have to measure or calculate anything.

Mach1Marauder
09-10-2009, 08:16 AM
I dunno what kind of tire they are, but every manufacturer website I have been to list the "revs per mile" in the specs of the tires they make. That way you don't have to measure or calculate anything.

Not on the biggest drag tire seller's website........www.mickeythomp sontires.com
What's the problem with doing the calculations yourself? It takes 30 seconds if you're slow.

Phrog_gunner
09-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Not on the biggest drag tire seller's website........www.mickeythomp sontires.com (http://www.mickeythompsontires.com)
What's the problem with doing the calculations yourself? It takes 30 seconds if you're slow.

It is a method to validate his results. If he wound up with 224 as an answer he might not know if that is even close or not.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
09-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Can you factor in missing ring gear teeth into your revs/mile calculation?

Phrog_gunner
09-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Can you factor in missing ring gear teeth into your revs/mile calculation?

Only on the new version of ProE.