PDA

View Full Version : Show at Iowa Speedway

Black Dynamite
09-05-2009, 10:31 AM
So who wants to go to the 3rd Annual Show'n Shine at the Iowa Speedway on Sunday October 18?

Car show, drag races, swap meet, prizes, fried food, etc.

A few of us went last year and had a good time. It was only $20 to enter and if you bought $50 worth of stuff from the giftshop they gave you three laps around the speedway.:banana2: The first two pics in my gallery are from last years show.

Anybody else planning on going this year?

Ms. Denmark
09-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Wish we could. We'll be in Iowa with our Marauder 9/27-29. Then going to Indy.

JUST 1BULLITT
09-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Hey, I'd love to go! NOT sure yet IF I'm free that weekend or not...keep us posted on info...IF I can't get that Convoy together w/ Kansas & Missouori folks to head to MMVII in Indy the first w/e in OCT MAYBE i can get a few to roll to the Iowa speedway with me! (I'm in Coralville, IOWA right now @ a hotel...drove up from Kansas City Last night and I think it was only about a 4-HR ride to the Exit for the Iowa speedway..TOO EASY in a Marauder!! :burnout:It's in/NEAR Des Moines right?? Just off I-80??? i was so tired driving last night I'm not sure! :sleepy::lol:

THANKS and take care, keep us posted on this event!

JUST 1BULLITT
09-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Is this Show still "A 'GO'..???" :burnout::burnout::burnout:

Black Dynamite
09-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Is this Show still "A 'GO'..???" :burnout::burnout::burnout:

Yep as fas I know! The Speedway is just south of the interstate in Newton. Real easy to get to. I don't have any specifics worked out yet. Last year we got there about 9am and met up so we could park together.

JUST 1BULLITT
09-22-2009, 03:21 PM
OK, COOL Beans! Let us know IF there's any "registration deadline" or anything we need to avoid...I'm still TRYING to get this weekend freed up so I can GO!! :burnout:THANKS for the update! :beer:

Black Dynamite
09-24-2009, 08:00 AM
There's no registration deadline, you just register when you get there. Last year they gave out a grab bag to entrants too. Including erasers and pencils from a community college in Houston TX. :dunno: But it also included a bunch of stickers that make my toolbox MUCH faster than it was before.:D

Black_Noise
09-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Hey Owen.... I might be into that again. Not sure whats going that weekend yet, but Ill start making some plans.

Thanks for starting the thread.

JUST 1BULLITT
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
:bigcry: WHAT's up with this bogus COLD weather already!! :mad2:This BITES! We NEED an "Injun Summer" here in the Midwest for sure!! Just curious how many or ANY people that are/might still be going to this or trying to??

Thanks, take care!

J1B

Black Dynamite
10-14-2009, 08:48 AM
No doubt huh? Supposedly it's going to be sunny and 60 on sunday which will make for a nice day.

I'm still planning on going, I just finished detailing the paint Monday.

JUST 1BULLITT
10-14-2009, 04:21 PM
BIG time! :bigcry: I'm bummed! Well, looks like I'm a washout now! "DUTY Calls!" I'll be in DC now apparently...trying to beat my way through the Pentagon for briefings that start EARLY Mon...I'll let you know IF I can get out of that. HOPE it gets to at least 60 on Sunday WITH some SUN so turn out won't be too dismal....:shake:

Take care and ENJOY! Sorry I can't make it!

Black_Noise
10-14-2009, 05:09 PM
I dont know Owen..... I might not be able to make this one.... and even if I do, I will have to take the new toy I think, as of now though.... im probably not gonna make it.

(new toy)
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x180/black300a/drsidefront.jpg

Black Dynamite
10-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Well I hope you do make it Ken. Let me know if you can, I'll be down there.

Sweet 'burban btw.

Black Dynamite
09-14-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm dredging this old thread up again. This years show is this Sunday the 19th of September.

Let me know if any of you midwest folks can be there!