PDA

View Full Version : MMDS installation concerns

gonzo50
10-20-2003, 01:02 PM
I've noticed that there is a little free play in the driveshaft when the vehicle is parked, I got up under the car and grabbed the driveshaft with one hand to see if I could rotate it any, I got about 1/4" turn in back and forth motion.

Also right behind the pinion flange there is a plastic ring of some sort that spins freely, I can spin it with my finger 360 degrees. Is this normal or should I be concerned ?

I'm not sure if the stock driveshaft had this play or not. I know that the four bolts that hold the stock driveshaft to the pinion flange were on very tight, so by loosening the four bolts by hand, can this put undo pressure on the pinion flange, bearing assy., pinion seal, or anything associated with the differential, or ring & pinion ? there isn't any leak, any response would be appreciated. THANKS.

Logan
10-20-2003, 02:38 PM
That's normal on all counts IMHO.

gonzo50
10-21-2003, 09:35 AM
WOW ! 122 plus views and only one response from Logan. :confused: Thanks Logan, I guess everyone that has the MMDS installed is satisfied with theirs, maybe I was hoping for more opinions just to feel better, anyways again, Thanks Logan. :up: Your opinion was taken very well.

TAF
10-21-2003, 09:53 AM
I would have responded, Carlos...cause I spent all day Saturday with my car on the rack....

but...I was stuck on a plane :mad2:

BTW...Logan is correct...it's normal.