Date/Time:
Saturday November 8th, 2003 – 9:00am

7791 Gateway Lane NW
Concord, NC 28027
(704) 979-8080

Who is Welcome:
Everyone

On the Agenda:
Why the 2nd Saturday of each month is good/bad.
Regular location(s) of future meetings.
Is "Carolina Marauders" to be 'official'?
Possible wax head-to-head experiment.
Possible MM convoy to Atlanta for November 15 Dyno Tune
(See details HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5571&highlight=dyno+tune))

Committed Attendees:
dok ('03 silver)
Agent M79 ('04 DTR)
marauderman ('03 black)
frdwrnch ('03 black)
butch ('03 black?)

For those of you that can’t make it but would like to be able to join us on a regular basis, please PM me with your preferred meet location and I will make you part of our discussions. We know that regular attendees may be far flung and as such we are discussing rotating the meet location among 2 or 3 selections.

The 2nd Saturday was chosen to allow the Atlanta area folks the opportunity to join us and for us to join them during their regular 3rd Saturday meetings.

dok
10-20-2003, 06:55 PM
I'll be there.

Marauderman
10-20-2003, 07:05 PM
Well--been tied up without a knife so to speek at work--Way to step up to the plate my friend and set something up--had read your input to me and was about to respond and saw this great post--

Ok-- I'm in and hope others can make it too--am sure we will eventually grow and spread --maybe as far as Raleigh before you know it---wait a minute--maybe half that way-anyway--
Thanks Dave for putting some time into this already--it does take some---

Marauderman
10-22-2003, 04:05 AM
Well Ok folks--FYI -- TAF has posted that on Nov.15th--following our meet ( their monthly) in Altlanta, they are having a tune and dino as well at Team Ford ----

IN addition----Sarge from the Big Windy will be there and Dennis from Fla..So.............

Get your plans together-- and lets all go down and get a "fix" and maybe even try to get them to come our way next time----even if from other clubs near you.....anyway.....get planning and lets all make a (ride) Carolina Connection to Alt on the 15th....

Lets hear from you folks...still time to plan......Tom

Agent M79
10-22-2003, 07:39 AM
I've left a message for Gary at Team Ford so I can get my slot arranged.

I have the November 15 Atlanta tune on the agenda for the Carolina Marauders' monthly meeting but this was not to decide if to go or not. It was to see if we were going to convoy or at the very least share schedules and routes to keep up with one another.

Marauderman
10-23-2003, 04:30 AM
AgentM79-

I should have my plans firmed up by "our" meet date .

will talk it over then....got it down to a choice of three plans.... and there is only one way to get there.....Tom

Butch
10-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Suggestion:

I would like to see us meet at the Concord Mills Mall for future meets.

This would give us options for a couple of different places to eat right there at the mall (I can think of 3 good places to eat right off the bat), plus some of us that make a 1-1/2 hour or more trip could have something else to do, like go shopping after we all meet.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my girlfriend would be more than happy to come along on my MM meets if they were being held at Concord Mills! Got to keep her happy!!!!

This is just a suggestion, since I am more than happy to go anywhere that everyone else is going, but if any of you don't know anything about Concord Mills, let me know. I will be glad to talk to you about how great of a shopping area it is! (Can you say "Bass Pro Shops"??? I knew you could....)

Agent M79
10-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Butch,

Not a bad idea. I'll put it on the list to talk about. We are definately not settled on location(s) yet. The 2nd Saturday thing is pretty well set tho.

The leading location idea currently is only "rotate it".

You gonna make it on the 8th anyway?

dok
10-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Concord Mills is a good idea. Lots of other things to do. Bass Pro, NASCAR Speed Park and NASCAR Silicon Speedway to name a few.

Besides it's only 4 miles from my house. :lol:

Marauderman
10-30-2003, 05:08 AM
I agree--Mills Mall is a great place--was just mentioned to Agent yesterday that maybe closer up I-85 to attract others may be a good idea to help attract those maybe from Raleigh/Greensboro ----and your right Butch- -- what woman wouldn't like THAT Mall!!

Well, 35 miles for a local one way --who cares--when your driving a Rauder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So thats down for a "Good" place I think! :lol:

Butch
10-30-2003, 06:33 AM
I would like the idea of moving the 11/8 meet, especially as Christmas gets closer. It would give us a chance to do a little early Christmas shopping.

I'm planning on being wherever everyone wants to meet. Doesn't matter to me. I'm sure that if we go to Shoney's, then I will STILL end up over at the Mall.

Agent - The 2nd Sat of each month is fine with me. I've already added it to my reminder calendar for the next 12 months.

dok
10-30-2003, 07:13 AM
I can't think of a place inside the mall that serves breakfast, but there is a Bob Evans at the same exit (exit 49).

Either spot is fine by me.

Agent M79
10-30-2003, 07:20 AM
If we meet off-site we'll have to trundle over to the mall right after breakfast otherwise we may be talking Marauders without our Marauders!

Marauderman
10-30-2003, 07:21 PM
Ok --Seems the Mills Mall area it is then---say 9AM at Bob Evans--
BTW-- Which side of I-85 is that on--anyone!!

Agent M79
10-30-2003, 07:50 PM
Is this it?

Bob Evans Restaurants
7791 GATEWAY LANE NW
CONCORD NC 28027

Marauderman
10-30-2003, 08:23 PM
Have no idea!!! Hey dok--we need help here--time to jump in and inform us where Bob Evans is here and direction off I-85---it's your turn!!!

Oh BTW Butch and all --- I-85 is under construction and could be a mess in this area--again --dok can check it out and let us know what to expect----

TAF
10-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Us old boys in ATL do the Cracker Barrel for the GREAT breakfast...

The Chicago boys (and girls) get down with some down-home chicken...

The L.A. boys go to a cool car museum and B.Y.O.M. (bring your own model)....

The Northeast boys go for the wings (and breasts and thighs) at Hooters....

And....

The North Carolina boys....um....go to a mall??!! :lol::lol::lol:

Agent M79
10-30-2003, 08:32 PM
[cough]

Marauderman
10-30-2003, 08:34 PM
There are atttractions both in and outside Malls-especially when
MM are parked side-by-side in such a large lot....a nice place to display the MM --great boasting place to "show'um"....previous crowds needed bigger space.....don't ya'll get crowds of peopled ....gosh!

TAF
10-30-2003, 09:00 PM
Hey...you guys don't have to apologize to me... :snicker: :snicker:

Agent M79
10-30-2003, 09:35 PM
Alrighty. Thread header message changed to update the location of the meet. I will PM everyone on the committed list to make note of the change.

The address of the Bob Evans is listed and ready to be plugged into your favorite mapping site/software.

dok
10-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Exit 49. If coming from the South turn right (coming from Greensboro, turn left). Go about 1/4 mile to stoplight by Shell station. Turn left at light. Take first left which goes to Bob Evans.

Marauderman
10-31-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by TAF
Hey...you guys don't have to apologize to me... :snicker: :snicker:

None Given--just feel bad you guys don't need larger space for crowd control we seem to create--

Butch
10-31-2003, 06:09 AM
Ok, Bob Evans is cool with me.

Girlfriend was happy to hear we are going to Concord Mills. Now, she wants to go up the street from the mall and visit Ward Burton's new Nascar race shop, since he has moved to driving the NetZero car now. It looks like I will be in Concord ALL DAY LONG!

Hey TAF! I tried to get Harris Teeter to let us come sit in their lot, but they said we had to ask you! :D

Later,
Butch

TAF
10-31-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Butch
Hey TAF! I tried to get Harris Teeter to let us come sit in their lot, but they said we had to ask you! :D

I WISH I had such power with HT...believe me...they OWN me!

SergntMac
10-31-2003, 09:15 AM
Gee...I thought the NC tribe was getting together for a maul, and I wonder what race track...

Who is Harris Treacher, Arthurs' younger brother? Fish and Chips planning a come-back?

Do I need new readers?

Agent M79
10-31-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Gee...I thought the NC tribe was getting together for a maul, and I wonder what race track...

No no! We are getting together to play ball and the winner gets a spice rack.

Who is Harris Treacher, Arthurs' younger brother? Fish and Chips planning a come-back?

Ah yes... Harry and Arty... good times, good times...

Do I need new readers?

I htnik uyo imght ocnsdier ti.

SergntMac
10-31-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Agent M79
I htnik uyo imght ocnsdier ti.

Okay, okay...Uncle!

Butch
10-31-2003, 07:46 PM
No Sarge! You don't need glasses! You can probably read this stuff just fine, even at your age! ;)

Marauderman
11-01-2003, 11:11 AM
OK then!!! Way to go Boys--- Holding our own I see--good job----yeah _ I can see this group bonding more and more---cool!

Yeah--we're all pointed in the right direction---see you next Sat at the "lot"......

frdwrnch
11-03-2003, 02:16 PM
I'm There! We'll see ya at Big Bob's.

BISHOPSS95
11-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Come on and bond a couple of hundered miles South on I85

WWW.SSHS3.COM

Is it OK to do burnouts at Bob Evans?

It is at the track!!!

:coolman:

Marauderman
11-03-2003, 07:07 PM
IN due time--in due time---for now--we're just building a block at at a time--hummmm..very interesting..that block thing...hummmm.. ...like the videos..great stuff...

Agent M79
11-04-2003, 09:35 AM
Less than a week left to make your plans to join us!

Take a look at the lead message in this thread and be there. And despite all the pointing and laughing, we will be right around the corner from the retail mega-extravagnza known as Concord Mills.

Also, be sure to have a look at the Nov 15th Dyno Tune (See details HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5571&highlight=dyno+tune)) in Atlanta. There will be a Carolina Contingent there!

USN_Lifer
11-04-2003, 06:05 PM
Just took delivery last night of our '03. I stumbled on this web site today for the first time and noticed your plans to meet this weekend. I don't live anywhere near Concord but I'm driving to Rockingham this weekend for the race. We are staying in Albemarle so we can drive to Concord Saturday afternoon for some of the attractions. What time will your meeting last? If it's possible, I may try to attend.

Thanks.

Agent M79
11-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Hey USN. I was in almost exactly your same situation just a couple of months ago.

We are meeting at 9am and how long it goes, I don't know. May a couple of hours or so.

Some of us may be able to meet you later in the afternoon. When are you heading back? Maybe we could catch you then?

If nothing else, keep coming back to this site. It's the best "mod" your MM will ever get.

We will be talking about moving the meeting around during this weekend's meeting so things may move closer to your home base from time to time.

Ok guys, any chance some of us can meet again in the afternoon for USN_Lifer?

USN_Lifer
11-04-2003, 06:38 PM
It's about a 5 hour ride from Havelock so I would hate to pin down an exact time that we would be there. There are several variables, like dropping the dog off at the kenel, checking into hotel, etc. It would definately be after lunch, that's for sure. ...And with my two sons riding in the back seat, the first thing they'll want to do is pay a visit to the Nascar Speedpark! Priorities, right???!!!

Agent M79
11-04-2003, 07:01 PM
If during your NASCAR excursion you find yourself in Mooresville to do shop tours, see DEI, etc., let me know. I'd be happy to meet up with you.

jgc61sr2002
11-04-2003, 08:05 PM
USN_Lifer - Welcome to the Site. You definitely came to the right place. A wealth of knowledge and great folks. Enjoy your new ride.:up:

USN_Lifer
11-05-2003, 05:51 PM
What is everyone's opinion of the blueovalnews.com site? They list some pretty scary recall information. How reliable is their source? They are definately not an official site of Ford's but they seem to have a ton of info.

Marauderman
11-06-2003, 10:34 AM
First off- Welcome to the site and hopefully our Carolina Grouping---Now-- stay with this site--ask any question on any topic --BUT first do a search in the upper left "search box"--This will help you faster and if this does not help you out-- then fire away with the questions--someone will come to your rescure---

Now for this weekend--maybe a PM to AgentM79 with your cell # and vice versa.. who knows --we/several of us may still be up in the areas when you arrive--and maybe meet---with so much to look at in this area, chances are we 'll be arouind for quite awhile----
again -welcome aboard---no pun intended........Tom

Agent M79
11-07-2003, 10:28 AM
Who has the BLUE MM? Will we have a blue one there?

frdwrnch
11-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Mark's Blue Marauder is at Zeus Automotive getting a new bumper cover and a badgeless grill. Minor bump. He'll miss this one.

Agent M79
11-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Confound it! The elusive 4 color MM picture slips away like so much ether! Curses!

Marauderman
11-07-2003, 04:53 PM
But wait---We all can drive over there and take a Pic--Oh good Idea---who has the key to the rear doors to that place???

Agent M79
11-08-2003, 10:36 AM
It was great seeing everyone again and this time with my own MM!

I got to drive marauderman's MM with the "commanding" growl. I can't wait to start getting mine down that path. Nov 15th in Atlanta should help that some!

We got 3 of the four colors together under a drizzling overcast sky. Here is a peek:

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/1096CM4641-med.jpg

and here:

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/1096CM4642.jpg

and, what the heck, here:

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/1096CM4640-med.jpg

For those of you that couldn't make it, we'll be doing this again next month Saturday December 13th at the same place and time. I'll post that formally later this weekend or early next week.

Thanks everyone for coming, it was a pleasure.

Marauderman
11-08-2003, 04:05 PM
Yes it was a fun time --enjoyed as always every second--and especially enjoyed Agent M79 and frdwrnch when they drove my MM--

Yep! --Can't wait till Alt,. on the 15th and get my MM tuned and really get my first numbers pulled......then to chose the "next" mod--at least I'll have some helpful pointers in Alt...

Again--nice to see all- hopefully next month no wetness--maybe a few of us will clean our cars a few days earlier rather than the night before to keep the jinx away...:lol:

Marauderman
11-08-2003, 04:06 PM
And --==AgentM79----Nice pics there given the weather---..Tom

jgc61sr2002
11-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Tom - It looks like you all had a great time. Nice pics.:D :up:

Agent M79
11-08-2003, 05:09 PM
marauderman,

Ah yes... the infamous naked leafblower drying in the dark rain dance the night before our breakfast meeting jinx. I'll take that into consideration next time.

Marauderman
11-08-2003, 06:27 PM
Thanks John( 2002)

We do have a good time seeing each other again and talking over different things--hope you have the chance to do the same-
we are fortuniate to have Agent M79 who is shall we say - one who is quick with a response for us when needed....a fun guy!!
Again --Thanks--.....Tom

TAF
11-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Congrats on your 1st Official monthly meet boys...of course...we "stole" Willie and had him with us. See most of you next Saturday!

Butch
11-08-2003, 07:27 PM
It was great seeing you guys again.

Tom - Your car sounds GREAT! I do want to drive it, but when I have more time to spend with it so that I can enjoy it!

Sorry for the quick "bye", but my girlfriend and I still had to run over to Haas Motorsports to see if they were open (which they were not), and then still to get over to the Mall to do our Christmas shopping, THEN we still had to make it all the way back home in time to get ready for a benefit dinner that I had already put $100 into for a chance to win a motorcycle. I didn't win, but it was still fun to watch the people buying each others tickets when it got down to the last 25 #s to be pulled. One ticket went for $1400, and they didn't win either!

All together, between the MM being driven all the way to Concord, and then back home, then driving the 350z all the way to King, NC and back home, we drove a total of 300 miles today! Not bad considering that 5 hours of the day was spent walking the mall! (So, add another 2 miles to our journey today!)

We looked for you guys in the mall, but never ran into any of you. I parked beside of frdwrnch, but he was gone by the time we came back out.

See you guys next month! I will start checking the local calendar to see what I can drag you guys up here for in a few months.

Marauderman
11-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Congrats on your 1st Official monthly meet boys...of course...we "stole" Willie and had him with us. See most of you next Saturday!

Yeah--I though I saw a pic here of you guys--Willie on one end --you on the other---I didn't say Book Ends---that was martyo wispering...

TAF
11-09-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by marauderman
Yeah--I though I saw a pic here of you guys--Willie on one end --you on the other---I didn't say Book Ends---that was martyo wispering...

The kinda "book-ends" you want to be between, eh?

Hey...I gotta get on the road...need to be in Concord tonight.

Marauderman
11-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by TAF

Hey...I gotta get on the road...need to be in Concord tonight.

you coming our way -eh!