PDA

View Full Version : sct x2 or x3?

ahbt7
09-09-2009, 02:07 PM
i have an 03 marauder i purchased new. it currantly has a k&n cai and an old superchips programmer installed, rearcat delete & 2.5" h-pipe + 2.5" x 24"magnaflows. thinking about an sct x2 or x3 so i can program out my traction control, torque convertor lock-up till 3rd gear, bump up idle rpm, improve performance. all this without sacrificing my fuel economy! (24.5 mpg hwy @ 75mph!) asking too much? please give me your thoughts on these tuners and what to expect or not. my old tuner is much better than stock performance wise and gets good mpg, but i would like more flexability in programming. also what should i expect to pay? thanks!

Pat
09-09-2009, 04:09 PM
II RC Traction Control is not programmable. On or Off via the dash switch.

CWright
09-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I would recommend contacting Dennis Reinhart. He can give you some advice. You can shoot him a PM. Good Luck.

i have an 03 marauder i purchased new. it currantly has a k&n cai and an old superchips programmer installed, rearcat delete & 2.5" h-pipe + 2.5" x 24"magnaflows. thinking about an sct x2 or x3 so i can program out my traction control, torque convertor lock-up till 3rd gear, bump up idle rpm, improve performance. all this without sacrificing my fuel economy! (24.5 mpg hwy @ 75mph!) asking too much? please give me your thoughts on these tuners and what to expect or not. my old tuner is much better than stock performance wise and gets good mpg, but i would like more flexability in programming. also what should i expect to pay? thanks!

1stMerc
09-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Don't know about the xcal3, but to do the converter lockup with the xcal2 you have to have it set to the version that does not have the user adjustable capability on the tuner. All that except traction control was done via Extreme tune on your computer then uploaded to the hand held tuner, but i believe it is being phased out.

As was said Dennis can give you more clarification and help you make a decision.

Mach1Marauder
09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Don't know about the xcal3, but to do the converter lockup with the xcal2 you have to have it set to the version that does not have the user adjustable capability on the tuner. All that except traction control was done via Extreme tune on your computer then uploaded to the hand held tuner, but i believe it is being phased out.

As was said Dennis can give you more clarification and help you make a decision.
I'm sorry, but WHAT'S being phased out?:confused:

1stMerc
09-09-2009, 07:44 PM
The original xcal2 programing for Xtreme Tune, that you adjusted your tune via computer.

Mach1Marauder
09-09-2009, 10:05 PM
The original xcal2 programing for Xtreme Tune, that you adjusted your tune via computer.
Yeah.....but you can still tune the Xcal2 with the most current version of SCT

It's the Xcal and 9100 that you can't tune with the newest version.