PDA

View Full Version : CLEVELAND ROCKS!! 2nd Eastern Meet

MM03MOK
10-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Not wasting any time here, while Hershey's chocolate aromas still waft in the air.....Marty - is your candy all gone yet?? ;)

Let's start with dates, something like arriving on Friday and departing on Sunday. Then we can get into the real fun - planning our time together. Any Cracker Barrels or smörgåsbords, Cruztaker?? Gage will be our mascot again! He's SO cute!! Hershey will be hard to beat but we'll give it the old college try!! Come one, come all!! Car or no car.....it's about being with friends!

SergntMac
10-21-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm in...How soon do you want to go? This year, or next?

BTW, 14-16 Nov. is reserved by the Atlanta tribe for a test 'n tune weekend.

MAD-3R
10-21-2003, 10:55 AM
I'm still in the hole vacation wise from Texas... Can we make it next year? Say early spring if the weather is mild or say JUNE if it's a pisser of a winter.

Petrograde
10-21-2003, 11:01 AM
I might be able to attend a meet in Cleveland .. maybe this spring sometime.

martyo
10-21-2003, 11:08 AM
Where is Cleveland?

Petrograde
10-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Here ya go Marty! :lol:

martyo
10-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Petrograde
Here ya go Marty! :lol:

Just ask Mary Bunny about my map reading skills.... :help:

MAD-3R
10-21-2003, 11:53 AM
Cleveland: Where the rivers burn

Agent M79
10-21-2003, 12:18 PM
1969! I was 2. They said, "Dave, darling, you shouldn't play with matches next to that oil slicked river!"

SheboyganGuy
10-21-2003, 12:28 PM
I'm in for this one...... I missed Ennis, I missed Hershey......

Bigdogjim
10-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Rock 'n' Roll hall of fame!

O's Fan Rich
10-21-2003, 04:14 PM
Can it wait until baseball season? i have yet to get to Jacobs Field, and that would be an extra incentive for me. Especially if the Orioles are playing out there then.

TAF
10-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Why don't y'all come on South to the A-T-L for the FordChip Dyno-tune Nov. 15th & 16th? Sarge is coming...Dennis will be there...the Carolina boys are going to bring their slow Marauders over (I think)

Info HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5571&highlight=fordchip)

bigslim
10-21-2003, 04:22 PM
I would make Cleveland. Had fun in Columbus.

CRUZTAKER
10-21-2003, 08:06 PM
First of all let me say that I am flattered that ANYONE would want to visit Cleveland! It's not bad...it's just not a tourist attraction per say.

Second, I am REALLY interested in a National meet in Bristol. But that will be another thread.

As far as timing; I feel the eastcoast is near deep hibernation for 5 months or so. There is no way to avoid winter around here. It's just not safe to travel in a MM in the snow. I am thinking that some well made plans should also be in place. Particularly if we draw folks from way out.

I am thinking spring at the earliest....and I will likely get a list of 'things to do' for all of us to kinda vote on. There is the possibility of any number of the following, plus things I haven't thought of yet. There is the Rock Hall, the Football Hall, the Flats on the river, the brewery tours, Jacobs Field, Gund Arena, Lake Erie boat tour, Browns stadium, a handfull of Comedy clubs, Lunches in the metroparks, Dragway 42, Thompson raceway, Norwalk raceway, Dynomax (maybe with Jerry) on the westside....and a grand party with food, beverage, swimming, and bon fire at my place. I have but only an old farmhouse, but I can place a few people here that can deal with cats and a kid named Gage. I may be able to get the Father-in-Laws winny to place a few people as well. There are a couple hotels 1 mile from my place, and classy ones in town. I can stash about 30 to 40 cars at my place if I had to, so theres plenty of room. We can also accomodate little one that may need to come.

I am psyched....but it definitely must happen in '04.......I'm broke!
And need to be in Tampa on the 21st of Nov. to swim with the Manatees when they come home for the winter. I promised the wife......

-barry

LincMercLover
10-21-2003, 08:36 PM
I still say you all need to come to STL. We could all hop over to Gateway for some drag time, plenty of Crackerbarrels, see the Arch, experience the worst highways in the country. It'd be fun! Plus, you all can meet my Sammy! Come on, what could be better than that? :D

CRUZTAKER
10-21-2003, 08:52 PM
St. Louis....home of WPIG!!!! Gotta love that logo. Now LML, STL is midwest, but by far the CENTER of the grand U.S.

There must be much to see there...far more than I saw on my only 6 hour layover there.....'glow in the dark bowling'

BTW: We have that....but the girls wear bikinis!

CRUZTAKER
10-24-2003, 12:33 PM
OK? What happened.....are you folks wanting to do something , like, NOW? I wish I could, but by the time I get back from this next road trip, it'll be frozen over around here.

So what about my suggestion for the spring? No one ever replied. I throw a hell of a party around here. Let me know your thoughts Eastern folks...and otherwise.

-Barry

MAD-3R
10-24-2003, 12:51 PM
Spring, after the thaw.

SergntMac
10-24-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
OK? What happened.....are you folks wanting to do something , like, NOW? I wish I could, but by the time I get back from this next road trip, it'll be frozen over around here. So what about my suggestion for the spring? No one ever replied. I throw a hell of a party around here. Let me know your thoughts Eastern folks...and otherwise. -Barry

Count me in, Barry, I'm just waiting on a date.

Originally posted by LincMercLover
I still say you all need to come to STL. We could all hop over to Gateway for some drag time, plenty of Crackerbarrels, see the Arch, experience the worst highways in the country. It'd be fun! Plus, you all can meet my Sammy! Come on, what could be better than that? :D

Ditto to you, Rick. Cook something up, post a date, I'll be there.

Let's not forget the Minnesota tribe? Anyone got any ideas?

As long as I at it, the Illinois/Route 66 Cruise is tenatively set for the first weekend in June. This is a two day drive starting out in STL, with an overnight stay in Springfield, with banquet at the Route 66 Hall of fame. The next day, lunch in Pontiac and home to Chicago. Get it on your calendars, I'll post more 411 as it grows.

check here: http://www.il66assoc.org/

Bigdogjim
10-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Hey we could pack the road with tons of Marauders!

Lets shoot for each and every color. :)

How cool would that be. :)

Count me in Mac.

dwasson
10-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Rather than June in Cleveland why not meet in July at Norwalk?

GordonB
10-30-2003, 01:10 PM
dwasson,
Where is Norwalk? Is that in Conn., Northeast US?
GordonB

MAD-3R
10-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Norwalk is in Ohio

SergntMac
10-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by dwasson
Rather than June in Cleveland why not meet in July at Norwalk?

The idea of a meet in Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is to put up an off season meet, something more owner oriented like Hershey was this year. We seem to have as much fun meeting and eating as we do driving and racing. Plenty of events ahead in '04 for car stuff eh?

dwasson
10-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Ahhh, my mistake.:confused:

CRUZTAKER
10-30-2003, 05:03 PM
No mistake DAN....we just discovered how much fun it was to meet and hang out for a few days. Kinda like a field trip. I believe there are some plans in '04 for track style meets much like Ennis.

I would be thrilled to host a field trip in Cleveland, and more so to have a big blast at my place. I ussually host a neighborhood party for friends and relatives each year where I provide food, drink and music all day into the wee hours. It would be a thrill to have all my new friends over...and line the gravel lot with as many marauders as possible. I skipped last years party as I had the yard under construction. Now it's ready, with pool, deck, and bon fire pit. I'm stoked. I only need order 100 or so steaks, chicken, and taters, and mass quanities of drink.

Can't wait for the '04 season.....I'm ready now!!

martyo
10-30-2003, 07:22 PM
Barry: How many of us can sleep at your house??

Haggis
10-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Go Barry go Barry go Barry....WoooHooo Party at Barry's.
:banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2:

Bigdogjim
10-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by martyo
Barry: How many of us can sleep at your house??

I think the idea is to sleep under the stars :lol::help: :P

SergntMac
10-30-2003, 08:07 PM
Okay...Rather than spend the coin on hotels, how about we rent a bunch of RVs and park 'em at the "Gage Ranch" for a weekend. Barry, how many bathrooms you got?

I can hear the campfire stories and smell the marshmellows burning now.

"slooooowly, he turned..."

O's Fan Rich
10-31-2003, 09:44 AM
"Niagra Falls"!!!
Classic , Moe, classic. Thanks Mac!

CRUZTAKER
11-01-2003, 12:15 AM
A bunch......more parking than rooms. Two indoor baths, one outdoor. But there is a hotel .7 miles from the house.

SergntMac
11-01-2003, 12:31 AM
Ummm...Okay. Was just my sympathetic feeling anyway.

"Cook-out" and all that camp fire stuff...I was in the Scouts, K? just a slip back to my old days.

I can hotel it all, this is cool. But, y'all got to nail down a date, K?

If Elvis is making 40 mil a year dead, I'd like to see some how and where. This Cleveland "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" seems a place to begin my investigation. Notice that I did not ask "why."

Bring it on...Got the dash plaque in my head already...

Murader03
11-01-2003, 03:12 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SergntMac
Ummm...Okay. Was just my sympathetic feeling anyway.

" just a slip back to my old days."

IQUOTE]

[B]Really far back "OLD DAYS!" :lol:

martyo
11-01-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
...I was in the Scouts, K? just a slip back to my old days.

Yeah Mac, I remember when we were in Ennis and you were telling me about your Scouting days. You told me how you used to sell Candy door to door to support yourselves. That Candy she was some trooper!

:lol:

MM03MOK
11-01-2003, 08:16 AM
Since no one has thrown a date out, I will.

April 17-18

Mikeenh
11-01-2003, 08:56 AM
^^^^^ I'll take it ^^^^ :up:

SergntMac
11-01-2003, 10:04 AM
17-18 April...Done.

martyo
11-01-2003, 10:08 AM
I got forst dibbs on sleeping at Barry and Jess's house!

MM03MOK
11-01-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by martyo
I got first dibbs on sleeping at Barry and Jess's house! I'm sure Gage will like a roommate!!! He may even share his Cheerios!!

martyo
11-01-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by MM03MOK
I'm sure Gage will like a roommate!!! He may even share his Cheerios!!

I am bringing my matching Rhino outfit. Gage will love it!

Haggis
11-02-2003, 06:51 AM
The only problem that I see Marty is that Gage will have out grown his Rhino suit by April!:D

Also remember to play nice and share your toys Uncle Marty.

CRUZTAKER
11-02-2003, 08:16 PM
April? OK. But it's not my fault if it's STILL snowing and we're wading thru 4" of muck in the yard. I'll heat the the pool to 93, same as our octane, but the atmosphere may not cooperate.

Goose bumps RULE!!!

May 1 is season around here. That is when it's (THEORETICALLY) OK to start outdoor activities. But as most of the snowbirds know, you really can't rely on that. Last years planting season didn't start till June, and I think it snowed in mid april once.

Bring your boots, and BTW, Gage throws cheerios, his favorite is Lucky Charms. Just THE CHARMS! The rest goes to the birds. His other favorite is a concoction NONE of us could swallow....oatmeal mixed with yogurt...oh my....just the thought!

SergntMac
11-02-2003, 08:52 PM
We had to start somewhere, Barry...

CRUZTAKER
11-03-2003, 06:59 AM
It's ALLLLLL GOOD!

We'll work it out. In the meanwhile, let's plan some warm weather stuff for the early months.

Barry

MM03MOK
11-03-2003, 07:14 AM
We anxiously await your input. Cross out 17-18 April.

MM03MOK
12-27-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
It's ALLLLLL GOOD!

We'll work it out. In the meanwhile, let's plan some warm weather stuff for the early months.

Barry OK, Barry. Time to pick a date. It's been two months since last discussed. Other events are already popping up! Vacations need to be planned. April and early May are out, you said. What's the Farmers' Almanac say?? Anxiously awaiting a date.

;) :D

CRUZTAKER
12-27-2003, 01:59 PM
OK. It is now on my priority list. First thing monday I will place some important planning calls to some folks. Jacki and I tossed around the idea of renting a track, and we have prices. I have just come up with an idea that may also be appealing. There is a dyno place just east of downtown, the owner knows Dennis, and better yet he knows Jerry, and during the summer he schedules power tunes. I have to check on prices and the availability of Jerry.

Other than the basic tours, I am curious what the folks that plan on attending would like to do as far as specialty stuff. It would be cool to have ONE day set aside for 'motorhead' kinda things. We don't have to, it's just a suggestion.

Monday May 31st is memorial day. Should that weekend be avoided? How about May 13-16? Like I said, if everyone wants to do something car related...I need to make phone calls on Monday.
I'll know what I need to know by wednesday Dec 31st.

Can a poll be started after a thread has begun??

SergntMac
12-27-2003, 09:45 PM
May?

I was thinking March. I have nothing planned for March, 'cept maybe keeping a wary and weary eye on those Ides...

I'd keep and Ide out for y'all in March, really I wood...

Haggis
12-29-2003, 08:19 AM
Ladyhawke and I are planning on attending and would perfer it be scheduled for when the weather starts to turn warmer, sometime in May sounds great to us. No matter what date is picked we will try to make it. See you all when the time comes.

CRUZTAKER
12-30-2003, 12:03 PM
OK folks...'swifty's on the roll...'

The poll has been started. Let's vote, and give some input. I haven't heard much from the Michigan folks...comon', it's close to home!

Click here for the new thread (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7015)