PDA

View Full Version : Drive shaft

ddogg626
09-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Hey Guys
Any ideas where I can buy a drive shaft ( a real one not ford oem) I'm looking for a good choice for a 4.10 rear end application.

RR|Suki
09-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Hey Guys
Any ideas where I can buy a drive shaft ( a real one not ford oem) I'm looking for a good choice for a 4.10 rear end application.

ebay, search for a 99 CVPI I got mine for $75

CRUZTAKER
09-11-2009, 11:40 AM
ebay, search for a 99 CVPI I got mine for $75

He wants a "real one"...not a Ford lol!

I run a CVPI Metal Matrix as well...REAL AS IT GETS!

Blackmobile
09-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Hey Guys

Check with Dennis Reinhart at Reinhartautomotive!!

Stranger in the Black Sedan
09-11-2009, 12:16 PM
heh you can pay $75 for a metal matrix shaft or you can pay $600 for a metal matrix shaft, its your choice. The ford shaft actually cost more than the $600 aftermarket one by more than double, when you could buy them new, so its not a cheap part by any stretch of the imagination (List price was like $1350). The advantage you do have getting one new from Dennis, is you will have support for it and you will know it's unblemished, whereas the condition of the junkyard ones varies and you have to be careful what you are picking out.

Darrin
09-12-2009, 05:01 AM
I can help with a driveshaft. I sell them as well.

As far as I know, there are not any new aftermarket metal matrix driveshafts available now. I may be worng and they may have brought them back, but last time I checked they had been discontinued "permanently".

As for the junkyard shafts, I tried to go that route to provide a cheaper alternative for you guys. By the time I bought the shafts and had them checked out and balanced with new u-joints and yokes installed, the cost was too high to justify. On top of that, these came off of wrecked cars and my driveshaft shop kicked out at least half of them as unusable by their standards.

Trust me, I really tried to get that done and it just didn't pan out.

Darrin

ddogg626
09-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Well, I need one of them. How much do they run ?

ddogg626
09-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Also I still have my factory shaft. Would I be better of having that one rebalanced and rebuild?

Blackmobile
09-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Well, I need one of them. How much do they run ?

I have the ability to put my hands on a used one, shoot me a PM if interested.

Ed

FordNut
09-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Aftermarket Aluminum MMX (or MMC) driveshafts are still available. Contact Mark Williams Enterprises and they'll make you one. You have to provide them with the specs (length, type of ends, etc.) and you can get one in either 3.5" or 4". If somebody comes up with specs, you could possibly get them to offer it as a "standard" unit, or at least post the specs here so others can get one just like it.

Darrin
09-13-2009, 06:12 PM
I will post up the specs when I get to work tomorrow. I wasn't aware that anyone was offering MMX shafts at all anymore and that's why I had a shop here start making a high quality aluminum shaft. It's far more of a hassle for me to be in the middle and to make them affordable for the end user. I don't make anything on them anyway so I absolutely don't mind people getting them elsewhere and will help in any way I can.

Darrin

Darrin
09-13-2009, 06:17 PM
http://www.markwilliams.com/detail.aspx?ID=347

There is the link. $682 for a 3.5" MMC shaft and you will need to provide a yoke which will run about another $60.

It's pricey but it is what they say it is.

Darrin