PDA

View Full Version : Tune for vortech

-Matt-
09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
How can i get a started tune for my marauder thats about to get a s-trim vortech installed (out of a kenny brown) Does anyone have a Kenny brown tune? I have a SCT xcal3. I just need a good starter tune to get me to a dyno so we can tweak it.

Thanks

Matt

RR|Suki
09-15-2009, 07:24 PM
How can i get a started tune for my marauder thats about to get a s-trim vortech installed (out of a kenny brown) Does anyone have a Kenny brown tune? I have a SCT xcal3. I just need a good starter tune to get me to a dyno so we can tweak it.

Thanks

Matt

ask the dude doing the dyno tune to give you something you can use to drive to the shop

blazen71
09-15-2009, 07:30 PM
ask the dude doing the dyno tune to give you something you can use to drive to the shop

Or the guy you got the blower from!!!

-Matt-
09-15-2009, 07:41 PM

No i need something safe to get me from my shop (abilene, Tx) where the blower is getting installed, to a good tuner (probably in dallas, Tx... About 2-3 hours away)

-Matt-
09-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Or the guy you got the blower from!!!

The KB's came with a chip, i already have a $350 programmer, so i dont need the chip and dont want to spend the un-needed money.

RR|Suki
09-15-2009, 07:58 PM
No i need something safe to get me from my shop (abilene, Tx) where the blower is getting installed, to a good tuner (probably in dallas, Tx... About 2-3 hours away)

That's what I'm saying, call up the tuner ask him to send you a tune that you can use to drive to the dyno, shouldn't be a big deal for him.

-Matt-
09-15-2009, 08:19 PM
That's what I'm saying, call up the tuner ask him to send you a tune that you can use to drive to the dyno, shouldn't be a big deal for him.

That sounds do-able..... Anyone running a KB program out there?

justbob
09-16-2009, 05:54 AM
With a few quick facts on what you have mod wise your tuner can get you really close to what you need. I wouldn't worry about it, just take it easy.

-Matt-
09-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Can Anyone on here do the same? Any tuners out there have something close? DR?

FormulaMarauder
09-16-2009, 08:25 PM
DR can get you a tune for that no problem.

Raudermaster
09-17-2009, 06:39 PM
It wouldn't matter if the car was a KB or not, it's still a Vortech. What most normal tuners do, is give you a start up file that's retarded quite a bit so you don't blow anything up. Call up whoever you're going to see, tell them the mods, and they should be able to email you a tune to get you to their shop. DR did that for me, and he's in FLA. I actually drove on his tune for about a week until I was able to see my tuner. Just don't beat on the car obviously.

CWright
09-17-2009, 06:44 PM
What he said. Enjoy!:beer:

DR can get you a tune for that no problem.

-Matt-
09-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Cool thanks guys!