PDA

View Full Version : New timeslips, new times.

FormulaMarauder
09-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Ok, hit the track today, dead tired.
All were pretty consistent. My first five runs I stomped on the gas and didn't preload. I had intentions of preloading the next few rounds, but my friends wife got out of surgery early and I had to take him home. No biggie. Anyhow, here is my best time. 12.451@111.48
Picked up the car from getting the 3,500 stall installed late last night. They had no time to take it out for a datalog drive, so they just put in a generic shift point tune. Shockingly, the car still managed to drop another 2.5 tenths with a bull dogged tune in it. Gotta drop it off Monday for a full tune session.
The car shifted like crapola, didn't like it at all. Driving around town it was GREAT, didnt even feel like there was a high stall in it. The WOT tells the true tale.
So basically, crap tune, better numbers. Go figure.
I did want to preload and launch the car but couldn't as mentioned above. My 12.7 run was at a 2k preload, curious if I could of shaved more time preloading it this time around. Oh well, see you in a few weeks Mr. RaceTrack.
Please feel free to dissect, analyze, and offer words of wisdom.
As always, thanks. Video to come shortly.

:beer:

BTW, the other guy on the slip was a beautful BLUE MM w/a Trilogy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/FormulaGod/918slip.jpg

ImpalaSlayer
09-18-2009, 01:11 PM
nice man. ive always ran better when preloading. just wait till you preload this tc, its pretty cool that you can hold the brake and the throttle and take the rpms to 3k and the tires wont spin.

DOOM
09-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Nice run. Keep it up :up:

Pops
09-18-2009, 01:14 PM
You did good! Keep it up!:)

1MTNCAT
09-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Just wait till you get the shift points and lock up schedules on the converter worked out along with pre-loading the car.

There's still better air to come too.
Since you couldn't really load it how did it hook. 60's look better but a lot of that may be converter and suspension.

I won't be happy with it till its down in the 1.6's at least LOL!

That's a good start for sure. Stay after it. Seat time is what makes the driver mod complete!

SMOKE
09-18-2009, 02:00 PM
WTG Paul! That's not even your best RT either...I've seen you do better ;)...

Still grabbing 15 mph's or so on the back half like the other day...

Wait 'til she's tuuuuned! Wish I was there!

Best,
J

FormulaMarauder
09-18-2009, 04:26 PM
WTG Paul! That's not even your best RT either...I've seen you do better ;)...

Still grabbing 15 mph's or so on the back half like the other day...

Wait 'til she's tuuuuned! Wish I was there!

Best,
J

Thanks!! I pulled a "J" and turned the car off prior to staging due to some debris on the track. Forgot to turn the O/D and TC off after I fired her back up. :o

mpearce
09-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Awesome job bringing that time down! It's tough to put the whole recepie together, and come out with the absolute best outcome. There are so many variables with drag racing, one wrong move and you're toast. Your 60ft is getting better...but you're going to have to preload on launch to get it better. As you can see...your car really comes on the last half of the track. My car is a monster out of the hole, but levels off on the last half. You did the right thing going with the 3500 and CA's IMO. Get it tuned the way you want...and let her rip a bunch more times. Good luck, and have fun!

SMOKE
09-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks!! I pulled a "J" and turned the car off prior to staging due to some debris on the track. Forgot to turn the O/D and TC off after I fired her back up. :o

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
:flamer:

Heh....:coolman:

j/k.....all the best Paul...glad you had a good day!

Jonathan

Vortech347
09-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Looks good! Get those RT's down. 60' is very decent too!