PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal dude?

ImpalaSlayer
09-18-2009, 02:00 PM
today i pulled the naz intake for my eaton swap and found this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0887.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0886.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0885.jpg

each pic is a different crack. im not happy at all. for 900+ dollars you would think the quality of the welds would be the last thing to worry about. this intake barely has 3k on it with no boost and it cracks like this? you have to be kidding me! could these cracks explain my a/f problems? or my surging on start up?

ps, i know in the other thread i said the intake was sold, ive contacted the buyer and he and i are working it out.

Dave :mad2:

DOOM
09-18-2009, 02:13 PM
WOW!!!

EPIC FAIL!!! :shake:

justbob
09-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Wow Dave! What would have caused that? Any warranty???

ImpalaSlayer
09-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Wow Dave! What would have caused that? Any warranty???

a crappy weld i suppose. if you a member on modularfords.com they have people having the exact same issue right now

Blackened300a
09-18-2009, 02:23 PM
This is why Im pulling my intake off and replacing with the stock one before MV-7. I don't need broken welds in the middle of no mans land while driving out 700 miles.

My resonating noise is basically the bottom pan vibrating, I'm sure that's not good for a half-assed welding job with paper thin metal.

Blackened300a
09-18-2009, 02:26 PM
could these cracks explain my a/f problems? or my surging on start up?

Most definitely. Its a huge vacuum leak and un-metered air coming into the intake.

ImpalaSlayer
09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
This is why Im pulling my intake off and replacing with the stock one before MV-7. I don't need broken welds in the middle of no mans land while driving out 700 miles.

My resonating noise is basically the bottom pan vibrating, I'm sure that's not good for a half-assed welding job with paper thin metal.

i wouldnt be surprised one bit if yours is cracked. id be more suprised if it wasnt

-Matt-
09-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Most definitely. Its a huge vacuum leak and un-metered air coming into the intake.

Agreed depending on where those cracks are located at on the intake.

Joe Walsh
09-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Wow...that sucks!

I'm not sure that the welding is the problem.
Those beads look pretty good.
I think that the problem is the thin sheetmetal that is used.
I'd be willing to bet that it vibrates and has a 'harmonic' with the engine rpm.
That is causing excess metal stress and then a fatique crack(s).

ImpalaSlayer
09-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Wow...that sucks!

I'd be willing to bet that it vibrates and has a 'harmonic' with the engine rpm.

could be that. pretty pos desighn.

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Wow...that sucks!

And the sheet metal might harmonics might also be the strange sound some of the members are hearing too?????

Glenn
09-18-2009, 02:50 PM
This is why this website has historically tried to logically discussed new mods to insure they are worth the money and perform as stated. But, you guys tried very hard to shut off this debate including a banned member. Perhaps we can remember what happened with this IT issue and maintain some civil discussions on any new future mods. I cautioned everyone on this mod numerous times. A few members got caught and it is now an expensive lesson.

OK, your turn ---- :flamer:

Glenn Ford

twin03
09-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Dave, I was a Welder for the National Guard. The beads are ****ed up.

ImpalaSlayer
09-18-2009, 02:55 PM
This is why this website has historically tried to logically discussed new mods to insure they are worth the money and perform as stated. But, you guys tried very hard to shut off this debate including a banned member. Perhaps we can remember what happened with this IT issue and maintain some civil discussions on any new future mods. I cautioned everyone on this mod numerous times. A few members got caught and it is now an expensive lesson.

OK, your turn ---- :flamer:

Glenn Ford

you make me laugh :laugh:

LANDY
09-18-2009, 02:56 PM
wow! thats intense about the cracks on the welds.i also agree with Joe.

Blackened300a
09-18-2009, 03:21 PM
you make me laugh :laugh:

As soon as I hung up the phone with you, I knew that as soon as you posted up about this, there would be someone quick to chime in with the "I told you so" :shake:

W4LTD
09-18-2009, 03:22 PM
It might be a good time for the guy from Naz to chime in? Just a thought....

BADMERC
09-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Wrong Alloy, Did not pre-heat, Cooled to fast. Welder having a bad day

DEFYANT
09-18-2009, 03:33 PM
If you were have FUBAR A/F problems.... this is probably it. At least nothing blew up on you. Get your money back.

BTW, have you called the part supplier?

Blackened300a
09-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I Get your money back.

On Modularfords.com back in July a guy blew the bottom of the intake out on the dyno under boost. The outcome was a offer to repair, not refund.

O's Fan Rich
09-18-2009, 03:50 PM
You need to show this on Modular fords, In that same thread...

Naz is Awol right now.

Me?
I'd got to a local welding shop and ask them to cut a new piece and weld it. Then lick my wounds. I think it's the only solution anyone will have.

DOOM
09-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Have you called him yet? :chat: :argue:

Paul T. Casey
09-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Welding inspector here. Generally, the weld looks ok as far as fusion properties. The problem with this weld, and many welds made on thin metals, is a condition called excessive re-inforcement. The crown height(laymen's terms, bead thickness above base metal) is too big. This causes what is known as a stress riser at the toes (sides) of the weld which pulls each side away from the other. Add some heat, and it'll pull hard enough to crack the weld at approx. the center. A little time with a grinder, reducing the crown height and smoothing a little along the weld toes would have prevented this. A good rule of thumb for weld crown height would be 1/4 the thickness of the base metal (the 2 components welded together). All you backyard welders should pay heed. Sorry to say, but this weld should be totally removed for a proper repair. Just welding over the crack will only further crack the weld, and quite likely the base metal.

Blackened300a
09-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Welding inspector here. Generally, the weld looks ok as far as fusion properties. The problem with this weld, and many welds made on thin metals, is a condition called excessive re-inforcement. The crown height(laymen's terms, bead thickness above base metal) is too big. This causes what is known as a stress riser at the toes (sides) of the weld which pulls each side away from the other. Add some heat, and it'll pull hard enough to crack the weld at approx. the center. A little time with a grinder, reducing the crown height and smoothing a little along the weld toes would have prevented this. A good rule of thumb for weld crown height would be 1/4 the thickness of the base metal (the 2 components welded together). All you backyard welders should pay heed. Sorry to say, but this weld should be totally removed for a proper repair. Just welding over the crack will only further crack the weld, and quite likely the base metal.

Im dead serious when I ask you that if I was to take this intake off and mail it out to you, would you be able to do the necessary repairs? Im not asking you to do this for free either.
Ill pay shipping both ways, your time and materials if your interested.

Paul T. Casey
09-18-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm a lousy welder, but an awesome inspector. Look in your yellow pages, find some welding shops (HVAC guys usually have a lot of aluminum welding experience) and tell them what you want. If the metal is very thin, you may also want to consider having them weld a few stiffener beads on it.

ImpalaSlayer
09-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Im dead serious when I ask you that if I was to take this intake off and mail it out to you, would you be able to do the necessary repairs? Im not asking you to do this for free either.

paul i have a guy right around the corner that can do it, hes awesome with alum.

rayjay
09-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Thank you gentlemen for this thread. I now know what I will not be adding to my DTR.

Paul T. Casey
09-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Thank you gentlemen for this thread. I now know what I will not be adding to my DTR.

I still believe there's a place for the short runner intake. Perhaps this and the other issues will either a) enhance the wrkmanship/quality issues with this vendor, or b) prompt some other vendor to fill this niche. There's a lot of folks using these and making big power. Science and physics are facts.

Phrog_gunner
09-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Now you know why the company is called nasty.....I hope he does the right thing and makes good on his product....

Dennis Reinhart
09-18-2009, 06:06 PM
today i pulled the naz intake for my eaton swap and found this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0887.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0886.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0885.jpg

each pic is a different crack. im not happy at all. for 900+ dollars you would think the quality of the welds would be the last thing to worry about. this intake barely has 3k on it with no boost and it cracks like this? you have to be kidding me! could these cracks explain my a/f problems? or my surging on start up?

ps, i know in the other thread i said the intake was sold, ive contacted the buyer and he and i are working it out.

Dave :mad2:

I guess your quote from me really is true, 900.00 for maybe 15 RWHP again there was never before and after by a independent unbiased shop, but David I am sure they will make this right, and there will be a post in the vendor review right? and all joking aside and this is just me poking fun as you so often have done with me in the past. I would be P@#$$$ off to, but then again I would have never spent the money on this, I would have sent the stock intake as I just did for a customer to extrude hone added a PHP spacer and saved 500.00.

Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=782607#post78 2607)
You did wonders for your self.

ImpalaSlayer
09-18-2009, 06:10 PM
I guess your quote from me really is true, 900.00 for maybe 15 RWHP again there was never before and after by a independent unbiased shop, but David I am sure they will make this right, and there will be a post in the vendor review right? and all joking aside and this is just me poking fun as you so often have done with me in the past. I would be P@#$$$ off to, but then again I would have never spent the money on this, I would have sent the stock intake as I just did for a customer to extrude hone added a PHP spacer and saved 500.00.

Originally Posted by Dennis Reinhart http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=782607#post78 2607)

as they say, live and learn :beer:

martyo
09-18-2009, 06:19 PM

Prochasis and Fab/Scotty Seals in town here could fix you up.

Let me know if you are interested.

Bradley G
09-18-2009, 06:35 PM
I guess the bumper sticker is true sometimes.
Ship happens!
What about the guys that purchased thousands of dollars on stuff that gained nothing for performance?

2,4shofast
09-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Dave,

Thanks for posting this with pics, I too was looking into this mod in the near future. Im sure you saved many of us the headache and wrench time if we would have went with this product. :beer:

ctrlraven
09-18-2009, 08:13 PM
That really sucks Dave, I hope everything can be worked out.

DOOM
09-19-2009, 08:40 AM
What about the guys that purchased thousands of dollars on stuff that gained nothing for performance?

I have heard similar stories :shake: :down:

gmtech
09-19-2009, 03:06 PM
as they say, live and learn :beer:

Hope you get this resolved:beer:

dohc324ci
09-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Man that BITES. Didn't see the post, Dave until now. I hope my installer didn't send mine out yet! Time to consider what Dennis said extrude hone and PHP Spacer. PHP Ported Intake is way too much money.

BTW, I sent Carlos over an email with a link to this thread so he can respond.

dohc324ci
09-22-2009, 10:30 PM
This is a quote that Carlos sent me based on my current buildup. Makes me wonder if he may have experienced these issues and because of that he now is reinforcing the plenum floor, end caps and using higher gauge aluminum to rectify the issue. I do hope Carlos chimes in here.

"Ill recommend a Ported Short Runner with a reinforced plenum floor and end caps ready for boost. This will be fully custom and specific to your needs.

You are looking at $989.00 shipped to your door. The cost is a little higher since Ill have to utilize higher gauge aluminum and requires more time time machining and TIG welding.

This intake will bring huge gains from ~3000RPM - Up to the red line!

If you decide to go with an standard length runner, fully ported intake the cost is $625.00 shipped to your door.

Ill require a US Postal Service MO payable to Carlos Nazario included with the intake core.

Let me know how I could help you!

Carlos

NAZTYPerformance.com (http://naztyperformance.com/)
210.818.5087 -Your Source!

bob6364
09-23-2009, 04:18 AM
I always thought a nice weld in aluminum was supposed to look like stacked nickels!...not a bunch of grapes pushing each other....

That being said find me 1...just 1 manufacturer working out on the bloody edge of performance speed parts that has zero problems ... The reason I won't buy from Nasty is
1. I think his prices are a tad high for what he does.
2. I think he is currently a sinking ship.

Blackened300a
09-23-2009, 04:59 AM
This is a quote that Carlos sent me based on my current buildup. Makes me wonder if he may have experienced these issues and because of that he now is reinforcing the plenum floor, end caps and using higher gauge aluminum to rectify the issue. I do hope Carlos chimes in here.

"Ill recommend a Ported Short Runner with a reinforced plenum floor and end caps ready for boost. This will be fully custom and specific to your needs.

You are looking at $989.00 shipped to your door. The cost is a little higher since Ill have to utilize higher gauge aluminum and requires more time time machining and TIG welding.

This intake will bring huge gains from ~3000RPM - Up to the red line!

If you decide to go with an standard length runner, fully ported intake the cost is $625.00 shipped to your door.

Ill require a US Postal Service MO payable to Carlos Nazario included with the intake core.

Let me know how I could help you!

Carlos

NAZTYPerformance.com (http://naztyperformance.com/)
210.818.5087 -Your Source!

So lets get this straight now. He NOW realizes there is a issue with the intake and to fix the issue with his intake, he'll charge you more money to solve a problem with his own design flaw??
So in other words, pay $900 for a intake that will result in cracked welds in a short time or pay a additional $100 and he'll send you a intake that is put together correctly and perform like it should? :shake:

Im pulling this intake off Saturday cause Im more then positive mine has cracked welds. The noise is louder, and I have a rough idle that hangs up a little. I hope he plans on fixing his POS welding job with improved material for free for us customers that have been patient with him and his slow service.

gmtech
09-23-2009, 05:08 AM
Why hasn't the vendor responded on here?

Mike
09-23-2009, 05:48 AM

^^^Wondering the same thing^^^

Glenn
09-23-2009, 09:28 AM
This is an example why open and free discussions of new major mods is so important on this board. But, some jumped on the band wagon and shut off other opinions and shut down any meaningful discussions. Now - we all know the results.

Glenn :argue:

Bluerauder
09-23-2009, 09:29 AM

^^^Wondering the same thing^^^

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

magindat
09-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Maybe we have a case of good design and poor execution. Perhaps Carlos (if he's listening) would do well to take his design and cut parts to a reputable metal shop and have the welding (and grinding as Paul recommends) done?

O's Fan Rich
09-23-2009, 09:53 AM
It's not just here. He has not responded on a couple of sites.

I've heard he has some MAJOR medical issues.

Phrog_gunner
09-23-2009, 09:54 AM
That being said find me 1...just 1 manufacturer working out on the bloody edge of performance speed parts that has zero problems ...

That is exactly why R&D takes months or even years to work out the bugs and do long term tests instead of: "Well it lasted for 3 dyno runs so it must hold up in the long term".....

-Matt-
09-23-2009, 09:58 AM
This is an example why open and free discussions of new major mods is so important on this board. But, some jumped on the band wagon and shut off other opinions and shut down any meaningful discussions. Now - we all know the results.

With all due respect glenn, we got your point the first half dozen times you said it. Lets not kick these guys anymore while they are down, but instead put a little heat on carlos so we can get OUR members a working product.

CBT
09-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Welds look horrible, you can see the crack dipping into the crater in a couple spots. That's bad because there shouldn't BE a crater in the middle of the weld. Heck, there shouldn't even be one at the end of the weld. Welds cracking down the middle indicate that being the weakest spot, plain and simple.
And for what it's worth, TIG and MIG were changed years ago to GTAW and SMAW, when it was realized that not all gases used for shielding are 'inert'. Who's yo daddy now? Me, that's who.:D

Bluerauder
09-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Welds look horrible, you can see the crack dipping into the crater in a couple spots. That's bad because there shouldn't BE a crater in the middle of the weld. :D

I just wrote down 3/64" = 0.0469 inch. Gimmee my $8 bucks. Or was the correct answer "Donkey", I forget. :D

Crater = Bad

Crack = Bad

Crater + Crack = Donkey

Let me know how I am doin' on this scribe stuff, huh Casey.

CBT
09-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I just wrote down 3/64" = 0.0469 inch. Gimmee my $8 bucks. Or was the correct answer "Donkey", I forget. :D

Crater = Bad

Crack = Bad

Crater + Crack = Donkey

Let me know how I am doin' on this scribe stuff, huh Casey.

Lol, I am definetely going to post a Part Duex to my story, you just reminded of some funny stuff....

Bradley G
09-23-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm going to throw out the possibility that Carlos can not respond because he has a problem with his health.
Just a thought.

Blackened300a
09-23-2009, 01:50 PM

Why not be a pioneer? A item is introduced by a vendor who did in fact have a good reputation so why not trust it? Im sure there was a time that bolting a S/C onto a Marauder was unheard of but it took some people to take a chance with their time and money to show the masses that it can be done and it will make power.
Its no different here. So keep your "I told you so" comments to yourself. Its the price of experimenting with what works and what dont.

sd8683
09-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Look familiar?
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142707&highlight=nazman

ImpalaSlayer
09-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Why not be a pioneer? A item is introduced by a vendor who did in fact have a good reputation so why not trust it? Im sure there was a time that bolting a S/C onto a Marauder was unheard of but it took some people to take a chance with their time and money to show the masses that it can be done and it will make power.
Its no different here. So keep your "I told you so" comments to yourself. Its the price of experimenting with what works and what dont.

lol

1. god sent down cobra shorty headers from heaven and blessed Glenn with them so now they are better then long tubes

2. ss brake lines are as good as a bb kit

3. there is only one tranny cooler in the world that is good enough

4. dont try new products, they must be discussed. even if we discuss them, still dont buy.

ctrlraven
09-23-2009, 04:12 PM
lol

1. god sent down cobra shorty headers from heaven and blessed Glenn with them so now they are better then long tubes

4. dont try new products, they must be discussed. even if we discuss them, still dont buy.
Burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :lol:

Good one Dave!

sd8683
09-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks Dave! Sig edited!

Blackened300a
09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
lol

:lol::lol::lol:

Phrog_gunner
09-23-2009, 04:39 PM
lol

It seems his computer is just programmed to say "I told you so" every once and a while......

O's Fan Rich
09-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Brian at Posi Performance will port your Eaton and your intake. I'm not sure about doing the short runner thing, but he does porting!

scruff
09-23-2009, 06:07 PM
those welds are crap trust me ,i hope you guys have been installing these intakes and following the correct torque pattern? as this could also put stress on this intake

Green96
09-23-2009, 07:06 PM
What is on the other side? Is there an opportunity to have it welded on both sides if you attempt to have it repaired. Could the fill be too high doe to improper prep like no edge prep to allow proper penetration? (Ha, I said penetration)

Black_Noise
09-23-2009, 07:23 PM
whats wrong with smearing some JB weld across them cracks.... fix her right up.

:lol:

dohc324ci
09-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey guys,

I have been in contact with a Mach I owner with a Naz PSRI and yes he has experienced the same thing; however once it was fixed he made great power from it. Its too bad I think he does have a product once repaired is great.

And yes I spoke to him at length a few weeks back and his health issues must be taking its toll on him.....If I were in that same situation I wouldn't focus too much energy on repairing intakes.

When put into perspective he has bigger problems than broken intakes.

With Naz PSRIjcitroloc (JeromeMach1) (405/360 SAE) 5.0L BB/Ported 03 Mach C head/MP cams/Naz PSR Intake. see post 355, p.11 for details.

With Ported Intake
jcitroloc (JeromeMach1) (372/363 SAE) 5.0L BB/Ported 03 Mach C head/FR500 cams & valvetrain/Ported Intake.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=515518

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=9195093#post9 195093

dohc324ci
09-23-2009, 08:25 PM
I just spoke to the guys over at MMR and they are going to port my intake to match my setup. I guess in the end its a win, win. I am saving over 500 plus the piece of mind of my NEW motor not blowing up. Guess its time to look at some shorty headers.....LOL

ImpalaSlayer
09-24-2009, 04:02 AM
I just spoke to the guys over at MMR and they are going to port my intake to match my setup. I guess in the end its a win, win. I am saving over 500 plus the piece of mind of my NEW motor not blowing up. Guess its time to look at some shorty headers.....LOL

lts ftw :banana2:

Blackened300a
09-24-2009, 04:31 AM
Hey guys,

I have been in contact with a Mach I owner with a Naz PSRI and yes he has experienced the same thing; however once it was fixed he made great power from it. Its too bad I think he does have a product once repaired is great.

I dont doubt the power that the intake makes. I noticed it and I even gauged it against a mustang I raced a bunch of times. Before the intake I would take him off the line and then around the 75mph, he would start to pull on me and pass me. With the intake, I still take him off the line and he barely pulls on me now.
It just sucks that I have to dump more money into a item that should be failproof.

Charlie Costell
09-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Quote from earlier post: Welds look horrible, you can see the crack dipping into the crater in a couple spots. That's bad because there shouldn't BE a crater in the middle of the weld. Heck, there shouldn't even be one at the end of the weld. Welds cracking down the middle indicate that being the weakest spot, plain and simple.
And for what it's worth, TIG and MIG were changed years ago to GTAW and SMAW, when it was realized that not all gases used for shielding are 'inert'. Who's yo daddy now? Me, that's who.:D
Response: TIG is "GTAW", but MIG is not "SMAW" in the context written. MIG should never be used in these applications. TIG is a much superior method of welding, with less heat introduced to the product/parent material, which is a major issue with metallurgy (stresses). TIG take a lot longer to perform, much a much nicer job in all categories.
SMAW is Submerged MIG Arc Welding. It would be impossible to SMAW this part at ANY reasonable cost.

DOOM
09-24-2009, 10:30 AM
It just sucks that I have to dump more money into a item that should be failproof.

No such thing as failproof bro.

O's Fan Rich
09-24-2009, 11:08 AM

Not on this Earth, Doomie.....

I'm loving the welding talk this has developed, but hating the reasons why.
It's a shame it's happening and it's made worse in that we don't know the full story as to Carlos' situation .

Blackened300a
09-24-2009, 01:53 PM

I would agree with you, but it has no moving parts. Its a solid object. If it was put together correctly, it should be a permanent item.
That's the only reason why I say failproof.

DOOM
09-24-2009, 02:06 PM
So what are you going to do with yours Paul?

Blackened300a
09-24-2009, 03:06 PM
So what are you going to do with yours Paul?

Im pulling it off and then have to find someone to replace the tin metal with some thicker metal and re-weld it. Thicker steel will eliminate the noise and prevent cracking. Then I can re-install along with my exhaust and get the car tuned.

FordNut
09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Im pulling it off and then have to find someone to replace the tin metal with some thicker metal and re-weld it. Thicker steel will eliminate the noise and prevent cracking. Then I can re-install along with my exhaust and get the car tuned.

You mean thicker aluminum plate, right?

dohc324ci
09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Not on this Earth, Doomie.....

I'm loving the welding talk this has developed, but hating the reasons why.
It's a shame it's happening and it's made worse in that we don't know the full story as to Carlos' situation .

Yeah it is sad, I hear from the MACH I guys that the gains were substantial......its too bad. I think its just a materials and welding issue that once corrected "can" be a great product. There are really no competiters out there besides PHP and Sullivan. Someone here should buy his designed and re-market to the Cobra 99 01/Mach I/Marauder guys.

Blackened300a
09-25-2009, 02:17 PM
You mean thicker aluminum plate, right?

Yeah thats what I meant.

XLRVIII
10-03-2009, 06:32 PM

great post, I used to have that same job..it's really difficult to tell a welder that is twice your age that you have to grind that out and do it again...lol

third party inspection FTW

Charlie Costell
10-06-2009, 06:22 AM
I also am an inspector for all petro-chemical applications. And yes, you are right, it is very difficult to tell seasoned welders to rework a weld. It was harder when I was 25 years old, but now at 55 years old, age and experience have their advantages. A good welder can save anybodies butt.

a_d_a_m
10-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Not to bring up a sore subject but has there been any resolution on this either as far as repairs, replacement, or refunds? Just haven't heard anything in awhile...

ImpalaSlayer
10-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Not to bring up a sore subject but has there been any resolution on this either as far as repairs, replacement, or refunds? Just haven't heard anything in awhile...

negitive. i had mine repaired and sold it.

a_d_a_m
10-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Wow... :mad2: and the last post the "nazman" made was in June.

Based on how this has all unfolded, this is one supporting vendor I won't be supporting.

ntd
11-07-2009, 05:38 PM
still no reply from "nazman" I can't believe he wouldn't have tried to defend his product by now. I think he seems like an :censor:hole and need's to be removed as a supporting vendor

MM03MOK
11-07-2009, 05:42 PM
He hasn't logged in since 2 August. I think it's an easy decision not to renew his sponsorship. "Supporting" doesn't seem to be his cup of tea. Thanks for all the feedback.

Blackened300a
11-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Im actually giving my intake to a steel shop in Astoria to be repaired on Monday. He's a terrible vendor and its been a terrible buying experience with him.

ntd
11-07-2009, 06:17 PM
He hasn't logged in since 2 August. I think it's an easy decision not to renew his sponsorship. "Supporting" doesn't seem to be his cup of tea. Thanks for all the feedback.

Thanks you do a great job:up:

ImpalaSlayer
11-07-2009, 06:21 PM
well alota people have said hes been really sick. but hey what can ya do.

ntd
11-07-2009, 06:45 PM
well alota people have said hes been really sick. but hey what can ya do.

I hope thats the case but personally even If I was sick I would contact my customers or have one of my employees contact people that were having issues with my product:shake:

ImpalaSlayer
11-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I hope thats the case but personally even If I was sick I would contact my customers or have one of my employees contact people that were having issues with my product:shake:

cant argue with that.

Glockafella
12-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Just sat down and read this whole thread...Pretty Sad deal right here Naz.

ctrlraven
12-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Of course cause you can say that since you're sitting there not sick. Sometimes shyt happens, give a person the benefit of the doubt until un-doubtable proof is shown otherwise.

GordonB
12-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Can anybody local to the nazman contact him or his shop IN PERSON? Perhaps he would like a chance to 'xplain!
GordonB

MrBluGruv
12-07-2009, 01:50 PM
When I spoke with him on the phone, waaaay back when he first became a supporting member, I had asked him some things about gains and price. Decided it wasn't my cup of tea on the money required.

BUT, when I had called him he was sharing a shop space with one of the major tune shops here in town. I've been considering visiting that shop to see about prices on labor so if I ever make out to that side of town and nothing has come up on here I'll see what I can scout out, see if he's even still there.

gmtech
12-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Of course cause you can say that since you're sitting there not sick. Sometimes shyt happens, give a person the benefit of the doubt until un-doubtable proof is shown otherwise.

thread started 9/18/09---no repsonse as of 12/07/09, to me enough time has passed for him to reply, no matter the circumstances. again this is just my 2 pennies

ntd
12-07-2009, 05:28 PM
thread started 9/18/09---no repsonse as of 12/07/09, to me enough time has passed for him to reply, no matter the circumstances. again this is just my 2 pennies
Agreed and if not him one of his employees should have said something by now

Vortech347
12-10-2009, 03:25 PM
No offence to NAZ but to be a vendor on a site this is pretty *****y PR. At least let your dog type giberish or something.

Roy
12-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi guys! I found this thread while googling something. I do a lot of
Mach 1/ Marauder intake work. I can remove the thin (1/16"?) bottoms off your intakes and replace it with 1/8". I also can do any length runner ported intake you want. My intakes have shown great gains both at the track and on Lidio's (alternative Auto) dyno. My pesonal car is a turbo charged 03 mach 1 that I built front to back/top to bottom.

You can check up on me at Mach1registry.com.

Heres a quick vidio of my car on Lid's dyno. Turn the volume way up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBOm_aWopAU

Blackened300a
12-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi guys! I found this thread while googling something. I do a lot of
Mach 1/ Marauder intake work. I can remove the thin (1/16"?) bottoms off your intakes and replace it with 1/8". I also can do any length runner ported intake you want. My intakes have shown great gains both at the track and on Lidio's (alternative Auto) dyno. My pesonal car is a turbo charged 03 mach 1 that I built front to back/top to bottom.

You can check up on me at Mach1registry.com.

Heres a quick vidio of my car on Lid's dyno. Turn the volume way up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBOm_aWopAU

Naz managed to screw only 2 members on this site. Myself and Impalaslayer. We both went ahead and had ours repaired. I went to 1/8" aluminum and Dave had his re-welded.
If I have another failure, Ill no doubt be in touch with you.

Have you ever noticed these intakes to be noisey? Mine howled that it made driving unbearable.

Roy
12-23-2009, 12:23 PM
With the sheet metal uppers Ive made I noticed a lot of noise. Its like the upper became a big speaker and you heard a lot of engine noise from it. On yours the thin bottom may be doing the same thing.