PDA

View Full Version : Which one is better? (To all you blown guys)

Benwin
09-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Now, I'm not trying to start an e-peen contest here, but I wanna know... Which is the best blower? Why?

Trilogy (Eaton)
Vortech (Centrifugal)
Kenne-Bell (Eaton?)
Other (Other?)

There are 4 poll options, but "Other" is obviously open for discussion.

Thanks folks!

DOOM
09-21-2009, 08:33 PM
TRILOGY!!! ::banana2:

I know 199 other marauder owners that would agree with me. :D

1stMerc
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
The one you buy.

LANDY
09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
if i had enough flow i would go turbo. i believe is the best source for making tons of power.

bob6364
09-21-2009, 08:41 PM
The first article about superchargers I ever read that made sense the writer said "buy the supercharger that the tuner you trust sells" they all do the same thing and you will have a better running car if your tuner is comfortable with the equipment.

FordNut
09-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Incomplete poll!
There are 3 kits specifically for the Marauder. Trilogy, Vortech, ProCharger.
The Kenne Bell Mach1 kit mostly fits.
The turbo kits have been discontinued, so custom turbo setups are all you can do there.
Various forms of Cobra Eaton conversions can be accomplished, allowing the Eaton, Whipple, or Kenne Bell Cobra blowers to be installed.

Personally, I like the Whipple 3.4L Cobra blower setup. Lots of custom work required to make it fit though.

DOOM
09-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Does procharger still make kits for our cars??? :confused:
Not trying to be a smart ass or anything I just don't see any vendors selling them anymore.

RR|Suki
09-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Paxton Novi 2000!!!!

Motorhead350
09-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Does procharger still make kits for our cars??? :confused:
Not trying to be a smart ass or anything I just don't see any vendors selling them anymore.

Yes, but you must search.

I am happy with my Procharger, but now I wish I got a Trilogy.

Benwin
09-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Do the Whipples require modification to get fitted onto our engines/into our engine bays?
Kenne-Bell?

I don't care much for the sound of the Vortech... it sounds like a cricket chasing a ball-bearing around a coffee can.

Is the Whipple loud (whine) when it spools up?

RR|Suki
09-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Do the Whipples require modification to get fitted onto our engines/into our engine bays?
Kenne-Bell?

I don't care much for the sound of the Vortech... it sounds like a cricket chasing a ball-bearing around a coffee can.

You might be thinking of the YSI or whatever and the more hardcore blowers. The Vortechs used in the marauder kit do not have that sounds, more of a quite constant whistle compared to the loud chirping of the YSI etc.

Pat
09-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I have a Paxton Novi 2000 and just a machine-like sound is all I Hear.

Marauderman
09-22-2009, 04:25 AM
the Vortech... it sounds like a cricket chasing a ball-bearing around a coffee can.

Now that there is funny!!!! I haven't heard that one before!!!

Actually--as said already here by others-- they all are great--its the one you put on that is best for you for your own reasons--each are what they are--different for the reason you choose to put it own ----so there----there is no such thing as which is the best---

Those of us who whine with one are proud to feel and share the feeling of
"Don't Even" when someone tries to play with us....--Oh, its such a wonderful felling throughout the body----------right folks!

Cobra25
09-22-2009, 04:43 AM
The best thing too do is do a little research , try to get a ride or drive a few different ones if possible and see which is best for you. I have a Trrilogy, my friend John Nero has a ProCharger & my other friend GregGash has a Vorteck. I've been or driven all those and they all run great and have alot of power.

FordNut
09-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Kenne-Bell?

The Whipple is pretty loud when you get wound out under boost, but I don't think it's as loud as the Eaton. The 3.4 L won't fit under the stock hood, a smaller Whipple may fit.

Your best bet is probably a Trilogy.

juno
09-22-2009, 06:15 AM
Well, well. A Marauder Turbo kit has appeared on the market.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56984

I can't help but recommend the turbo!!! :)

Beware though, it is not for the faint of heart. It is not as easy a bolt on as other kits. Many folks on here have gone a different route then the mainstream kits and they will tell you it is challenging.

I happen to know someone who self installed one (with a lot of advice from Todd!!!) and has been almost daily driving it since start-up. He would be willing to provide technical and moral support to anyone who wants to experience the exhiliration of the turbo crowd! :D

Seriously, you won't be disappointed and you will have a pretty unique marauder!

If you are not up for the challenge, pick another kit. You won't be disappointed with any of those either!!!

CWright
09-22-2009, 06:25 AM
The first article about superchargers I ever read that made sense the writer said "buy the supercharger that the tuner you trust sells" they all do the same thing and you will have a better running car if your tuner is comfortable with the equipment.

This I would agree with 100%. I have let Dennis Reinhart do all my work. I trust him and if something goes wrong he knows that no one else has touched the car. It makes it easier to diagnose the problem. Right now he has mine finishing up the headers. He put the vortech completed kit on a couple of weeks ago. I think all the kits are good but do find someone you trust completely with the car. Too many hands creates to many problems. Good luck with your decision.

Bradley G
09-22-2009, 06:47 AM
I chose Trilogy because it does not give you away at the stoplight with a clanky sound.
You can run it in extreme temps without worry.
(disclaimer)Once it failed to start @ -8* till a couple hours later.
When you show someone who has never seen a Marauder they ask, "Did it come that way?" Cause it looks like it did.
In street driving, sometime you want "Now Power"
I drove several blown Marauders before making my move.
OH yeah, Best part of the whole deal, "Jerry Barnes is the Man!!!!~":bows:
So far I have had one issue with a bearing on the alternator bracket.
In over 53K miles and 300 + 1/4 mile passes.

SILVERSURFER03
09-22-2009, 11:09 AM
IM ALL ABOUT THE OTHER ........................LoL

O's Fan Rich
09-22-2009, 11:49 AM
"Better" is in the eye of the beholder.

Benwin
09-22-2009, 12:09 PM
"Better" is in the eye of the beholder.

Agreed, which is why I started this thread... to get the opinions of others, and see why they like the route they went over the other routes.

Thanks again, and keep on chiming in, guys!

offroadkarter
09-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Kenne bell isnt an eaton, they are 2 different things...

kenne bell is a twin screw, eaton is a roots

CRUZTAKER
09-22-2009, 02:21 PM
The one you buy.

My call as well.

I got deal from heaven on my T-Trim and that's why it's there now.
On the plus side, I really like the whistle over the whine.:P

justbob
09-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Do you want stock appearance?
Do you want a car that drives absolutely no different than stock (unless you want it to)?
Do you want instant power at any speed?
Are you looking for something that will SCCCRREEAAMMMMM at the competition?
How about drag racing at 100 degrees over and over?
Looking for your kit to be mostly made up of FORD parts?
How about this, when and if you do have a brakedown on the road, out of state, towed to the dealer, you can present them with a binder showing ALL part numbers of the mostly all FORD parts for a reference to get you back up on the road in no time. < That was my big selling point.

Then you want a TRILOGY.

DOOM
09-22-2009, 02:32 PM
JUSTBOB nailed it! :high5:

LANDY
09-22-2009, 04:41 PM
My call as well.

I got deal from heaven on my T-Trim and that's why it's there now.
On the plus side, I really like the whistle over the whine.:P

absolutly whistle! i had a turbo GN loved the boost and its capability.
i drove a centrifual supercharged fox body and the are totaly different feelings between both.

MarauderTJA
09-22-2009, 04:57 PM
The one you buy.
What he said. Plus decide if you want to go really fast or not:banana2:.

Phrog_gunner
09-22-2009, 05:12 PM
How about this, when and if you do have a brakedown on the road, out of state, towed to the dealer, you can present them with a binder showing ALL part numbers of the mostly all FORD parts for a reference to get you back up on the road in no time. < That was my big selling point.

Then you want a TRILOGY.

I never knew that about the trilogy....might be the final decision maker for me as well......:beer:

-Matt-
09-22-2009, 05:37 PM
I got the vortech because it was a deal i couldnt refuse.

Bradley G
09-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Tom, Are you saying any one of these choices will not result in a very fast Marauder?

What he said. Plus decide if you want to go really fast or not:banana2:.

ImpalaSlayer
09-22-2009, 05:41 PM
im going eaton, why? because its practicly a trilogy at half the cost

justbob
09-22-2009, 07:29 PM
You see, centri's are awesome powermakers, they are very smooth and consistant. That is a problem for me however. Whether it be music, work, sex, or in this case blowers, smooth and consistant is not in my vocabulary. I like to rock hard, work hard, (exercise) in the sheets like i'm still fourteen, and achieve a takeoff on the strip like an f-16.

RR|Suki
09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
in the sheets like i'm still fourteen, and achieve a takeoff on the strip like an f-16.

So one minute six seconds? ;)

magindat
09-23-2009, 09:24 AM
"Now Power"

Convert a ProCharger kit to a blow through. Talk about NOW POWER. Better invest in some tires!

magindat
09-23-2009, 09:30 AM

The FIT ProCharger kit is largely Ford parts as well. Further, the non-Ford parts are largely ProCharger parts and have part numbers and are common to various Mustang installs and are in stock at ATI. The few remaining parts in the kit are largely big name - high availability parts.

I've had 0 issues sourcing parts - even for my customized installation.

DEFYANT
09-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Just figure out what you want your car to do. Each power adder does it a little differently.

I have zero regrets on my Trilogy purchase. To my knowledge, the other Trilogy customers agree. However, leaving names out, that can not be said about majority of the customers of the other power adder choices.

GAMike
09-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Just figure out what you want your car to do. Each power adder does it a little differently.

I have zero regrets on my Trilogy purchase. A Big Big+2!:D

N40GL
09-24-2009, 06:00 AM
I believe the fastest model forced air Marauder is the C-130 model. As in "Kicking it out of a ..."

After all, it certainly meets the definition of "forced air."

:D

Bradley G
09-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Take me with you!
Convert a ProCharger kit to a blow through. Talk about NOW POWER. Better invest in some tires!

Benwin
09-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Blow through? :confused:

FormulaMarauder
09-25-2009, 10:39 AM
I got a Vortech for three reasons.
1) Couldn't pass up the price of the kit
2) I've dealt with centrifigual blowers in the past, as well as Roots.
3) My tuner could tune this thing in his sleep

That all being said, the cars can potentially make the same amount of power, you just need to know how to get it. Fuel is the most important thing. The Trilogy is a great kit, hands down. The Vortech is a great kit as well. These kits are COMPLETELY different. The Trilogy has on demand power and greater torque levels. This translates to greater drivetrain stress. The more torque a car translates to the wheels, the more twisting action/motion is being compelled on it's parts. This is basic car knowledge 101. A good idea when getting a blower, especially one that generates so much torque like a Trilogy is strengthened rear end, tranny, and axles. But then again, I'm going to go this route as well just for added security, but so far, my rear end, tranny, yolk, seals, etc are all in perfect condition after countless passes.

A centrifigual blower doesn't launch as hard and climbs the dyno sheet as the rpm's climb. I've dealt with Magnuson MP112's on Lightnings and Grand Prixs. Torque torque torque. Most of the time, more torque than horsepower.

I paid 2k less than a base Trilogy kit and am loving the results. For instance, last Friday this was my result against a Trilogy car. My 12.45 vs his 13.34, and I'm on 9psi with the bigger pulley. Granted, I have a TC and headers, but I expected more out of the Trilogy for the price.

Jerry Barnes (Trilogy)is notorious for his great customer service. On the other side of the fence, Dennis Reinhart (Vortech)gave me his personal cell phone number, and trust me, myself and my tuner have called him a hundred times. He ALWAYS picks up, and always has an answer for us no matter what the time.

Both of these gentlemen have HORRIBLE web sites. :-) Reinharts is a tad better.

Anyway you go is a great route, there is no substitution for Boost. Try to get your hands on a Trilogy and a Vortech, you decide.