PDA

View Full Version : Who wants dinner at the track vs before on Friday

Green96
09-22-2009, 05:45 PM
The track Friday night will have very limited food. I can suggest a few places in Muncie to eat before going to the track, or you can take your chances with concession stand food. What do you guys think?

MERCMAN
09-22-2009, 06:34 PM
There are a number of places across from the hotel as well. Feel free to post up your Muncie suggestions :up:

Bradley G
09-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Fire away, I love Good food!

Green96
09-22-2009, 06:55 PM
There are a number of places across from the hotel as well. Feel free to post up your Muncie suggestions :up:

Yeah, I am familiar with the area around the hotel. The only problem is that I-69 northbound is a mess on Friday evenings. The earlier everyone gets headed up to Muncie, the better. I many people are interested in eating before, I will start another pole of restaurant choices.

offroadking208
09-22-2009, 07:25 PM
lol, Green96, i can help out with leading a group from the hotel to muncie if we need it. it's pretty straightforward tho. Northbound I69 to 332, follow that east into muncie. What did you have in mind? I know cheeseburger in paradise just closed :-/ and if anybody wants to eat in noblesville, i know that area too, so just send me a PM and i'll give out my cell number

Green96
09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Generally speaking they probably don't want chain food that they can get anywhere. We don't exactly have any particular type of food that the region is known for, but I thought that I would try to stick with something local. I was thinking...

Amazing Joe's - They start serving dinner @ 4PM and have a lower cost menu from 4-5. Steaks, burgers, pasta, some seafood. Good food, good service, best choice as far as timing goes. I may be able to reserve a section. Good parking.
Scotty's Brewhouse - Burgers, wraps, ect. They are generally busier (they are in the village near Ball State University) and if a lot of people want to go we may have trouble getting everyone together. Again, may be able to reserve a section. Parking may be an issue.
The Rib Cage - Cash only, the name says it all. I am partial to the pulled pork sandwich.

offroadking208
09-22-2009, 07:51 PM
good call! Scotty's is excellent. a little on the pricey side, and yeah, we'd have to get there earlier or all my college cohorts would have the place packed up real nice, lol. Scottys food is awesome tho

Bluerauder
09-23-2009, 01:28 PM
The only problem is that I-69 northbound is a mess on Friday evenings.

The combined statistical area population of Indianapolis is 2,035,327. The folks from DC, MD and Northern Virginia won't be used to this since we have twice the traffic and a DC Metro population of 5.3 Million (more than 2.5 times the people). Hell, Indianapolis oughta be a real treat for us. :D

I wanna see what an Indiana mess looks like and how it compares to I-66 westbound, I-95 Southbound and I-270 Northbound during rush hour. ;)

Green96
09-23-2009, 01:39 PM
The main problem is nobody in Indy knows how to drive, and our interstate system (once outside the I-465 loop) has not been upgraded to support the increase in commuters from the burbs. The traffic is not heavy enough to slow things to a standstill, but it is heavy enough to make it an extremely dangerous section of road. All of the morons are still able to go 75mph+ while making bumb azz moves in traffic that is heavy for the roads designed capacity. They did recently install cables in the median to cut down on the high number of fatal crashes from people crossing over.

Pops
09-23-2009, 01:43 PM
So do the cables just cut off the heads of the dumb azzs?:D

Bluerauder
09-23-2009, 02:25 PM
The main problem is nobody in Indy knows how to drive......

What makes you think that MD-DC-VA are any better? Hell, half of our drivers are on revoked or suspended licenses. The others haven't passed the test yet. ;)

Green96
09-23-2009, 03:52 PM
What makes you think that MD-DC-VA are any better? Hell, half of our drivers are on revoked or suspended licenses. The others haven't passed the test yet. ;)

Yeah, your right. They are everywhere.