PDA

View Full Version : MV7 Navigation

Bluerauder
09-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Well I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Garmin nuvi 1300T navigation system yesterday. Sort of an anniversary present .... Hallmark says "GPS devices" this year. ;) Since I didn't like the windshield or dash mounting arrangements, I picked up the mount that attaches to the air vents. Simple as pie to install and the nav unit is very user friendly. Even I figured it out. :D Looks good IMHO.

I have already pre-loaded all the MV7 destinations including Cambria Suites, Indy Motor Speedway, Indy Zoo, Forest Park, Muncie, Metamora, the Children's Museum, etc. It oughta help me in getting around considerably since I am not familiar with Indianapolis at all. Don't want to miss out on any of the activities if the convoys get separated or broken into segments.

Normally I am pretty good with the old fashioned memory and map navigation (20 years in the Army helps); but this new "toy" should come in rather handy.

Ms. Denmark
09-27-2009, 07:26 AM
New nav system, huh? Sounds great! And since I'll be waiting a looooooooog time for my 34th anniversary to get a Nav system of my own, , guess you'll be seeing a lot of my SB in your rearview out in Indy! LOL BTW will you check on what I can expect for my lucky 13th? :rolleyes:

Bluerauder
09-27-2009, 09:57 AM
BTW will you check on what I can expect for my lucky 13th? :rolleyes:
I am pretty sure that the 13th is power tools or lawn mowers. ;)

1stMerc
09-27-2009, 10:06 AM
You're lucky Charlie, mine doesn't have the hotel or many of the side streets. Back to half and half.

DOOM
09-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Pioneer Z2 I got from pops is what gets me EVERYWHERE.
I wouldn't be able to make all these trips without it! :bows:

Embassy
09-27-2009, 12:50 PM
You know we'll still have a u-turn or two.

1stMerc
09-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Wouldn't be the same without one

Mr. Man
09-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Pioneer Z2 I got from pops is what gets me EVERYWHERE.
I wouldn't be able to make all these trips without it! :bows:

Seems your Pioneer has everything but drag strip locations:D