PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to swap

cougar9150
10-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I am getting ready to get a new tune for my car from Scott Beer. The car came w/an SCT X-Cal 2 but Scott prefers the Diablo Predator. Good thing for me is I have both and actually like the data logging feature on the Diablo better.

Now the question is to get Scott my stock tune I have to return the car to stock w/the SCT 1st. I am assuming this is a fairly straight forward procedure and I should just be able to flash the stock tune back onto the car w/the X-Cal, download it to my Predator then to my computer and just reload the SCT tune after I unlock the Predator again.

I am assuming it should be this easy but just wanted to confirm before I screw something up with all this flashing an unflashing. I am confident in my abilities with the Diablo but am sorta unfamiliar/uncomfortable w/the SCT because I have never really used it before.

RacerX
10-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Flashing the original back to the car is easy. Now that the original is on the car, you want to get it on the predator? Does the Predator already have a tune? You may want to just flash the stock tune back to the car and leave the rest of the work for Scott.

FordNut
10-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Yep, and if you return the car to the stock tune the xcal will be unlocked so you could resell it.

Spectragod
10-01-2009, 03:36 PM
And if you sell the xcal, PM me, I need another one.

cougar9150
10-01-2009, 04:36 PM
No tune on the Predator, it was used on my last car but I unlocked through Diablo after the accident. Just had to send my total loss report via fax, and called in to the TS hotline. I need to reload the SCT so I can drive it while waiting on Scott. We are doing it via email so I need to be able to drive her for a few days while I'm waiting on the new file.

Planned on selling once I got Scott's tune on the Predator. I'll let you know Spectragod, local buddy of mine was asking which one I was keeping and maybe wanted it. He was the first to ask but I will let you know if he doesn't want it..

RacerX
10-01-2009, 05:45 PM
So leave the tune in the car. As soon as you have the predator tune from Scott on the predator, put the stock tune from the SCT to the car (unlocking SCT), save the stock tune now on the car and load the pedator tune from Scott to car, sell SCT. Easy!

cougar9150
10-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Scott needs the stock tune and the Predator won't read it w/the SCT tune installed. Don't have instructions for the SCT but figured it should operate similar to the Predator. It should save the performance tune also.

Bright idea went to the SCT site and downloaded it.

juno
10-05-2009, 10:07 AM
So, Scott is still tuning??