PDA

View Full Version : 4.10s and tunes...

RacerX
10-01-2009, 05:54 PM
So I got the 4.10s in and the pro shop put the Lidio 4.10/91 tune in. I lived it, but, put the 93 in as soon as I got home. Ran like crap! I'd hit high rpms at about 40mph in first and it didn't have any oomph left til it hit second. I put the 91 tune in and it was better. I've only been filling up with 93. I put the 65mm BBK twin bore in and it actually seems to pull better. Tried the 93 tune again-fail! Back to 91 tune! I've had the TB in and out to make sure it's not too much in the mix. Tonight, put 93 in, pulled 2 on time, leaned out by 2 and firmed WOT shift pressure by 10 on all. Much better!!! I know I was running rich before I even started, so I know I need to get her dynoed! $$$?:-)

babbage
10-01-2009, 06:28 PM
It should go without saying but you did change the gear ratio on the 93 tune to be 4.10?

-2 on global timing seems a bit drastic. Try cleaning your MAF with electrical contact cleaner or "MAF Cleaner" CRC makes one that sells at NAPA. I unplug the negative terminal to reset the car computer. When you change tunes and settings you should wait a few drive cycles while so the car has time to do adaptive adjust of fuel trims etc. I'd think BBK should lean it out a bit if anything. You are right that a dyno tune with wide band would be the best thing.

Your drag timeslip coming up should tell a good story too of how shes running. :D

ctrlraven
10-01-2009, 06:38 PM
If you got a Lidio tune, give him a call and talk to him about the issue you are having.

RacerX
10-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Hehe! Had a can of CRC MAF cleaner on day two of ownership. Yup, 4.10 tune. I had the 3.55/93, 4.10/93, 4.10/91 from Lidio. Car ran rich from day one as I found out. If the maf table keeps up with the Bbk, it won't lean out, it'll adjust to the ratio of more air=more fuel, that's why I leaned in the tune manually. Dyno and some track runs are in order!!! Damn the coming of winter up here though!!!