PDA

View Full Version : Newb question

boatmangc
10-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Now that I have my Marauder. I am going to SSHS9 and from what I have learned so far I have a very early Trilogy on my car. I understand it needs a couple of mods. IAT2 and FRPS. I haven't been able to get in touch with Jerry Barnes yet and I am debating whether to bring the car and run it or wait for the upgrades before I pound it too hard. I can always bring the Mark VIII.
What do you think?

ImpalaSlayer
10-02-2009, 05:50 PM
i thought the serial number was on the plenum?

boatmangc
10-02-2009, 06:03 PM
The only number I have been able to see is W33-030104-002-C1

FordNut
10-02-2009, 06:03 PM
If you haven't done more mods, it should be ok since several of them are running just fine on the out-of-the-box setup.

boatmangc
10-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I just ordered the K&N CAI

ImpalaSlayer
10-02-2009, 06:07 PM
The only number I have been able to see is W33-030104-002-C1

thats the triolgy part number for the plenum. maybe im wrong but i THOUGHT it was on top near the symbol. i must be wrong you couldnt miss it. maybe just the polished ones?

ImpalaSlayer
10-02-2009, 06:08 PM
I just ordered the K&N CAI

damn i was just about to put mine up forsale.

Hotrauder
10-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Now that I have my Marauder. I am going to SSHS9 and from what I have learned so far I have a very early Trilogy on my car. I understand it needs a couple of mods. IAT2 and FRPS. I haven't been able to get in touch with Jerry Barnes yet and I am debating whether to bring the car and run it or wait for the upgrades before I pound it too hard. I can always bring the Mark VIII.
What do you think?

Hello boatmangc,

The Trilogy kit as sold from Trilogy is safe to run without either of those on a stock Marauder with the stock chip or tune. We have an early (kit#2) running on a stock Motor at over 560 hp at the rear wheels and many more running with the stock and smaller pullies for many years. Bring it, run it, have fun. See you there. Dennis:beer:

Hotrauder
10-02-2009, 07:06 PM
thats the triolgy part number for the plenum. maybe im wrong but i THOUGHT it was on top near the symbol. i must be wrong you couldnt miss it. maybe just the polished ones?

The number is on the bottom. Dennis

justbob
10-03-2009, 07:55 AM
My suggestion, install a tee fitting right out of the boost guage line in the back of the blower plate and run that new line to the frps and plug off the old vaccuum line. Now the frps will detect boost. This is what I did and my WOT AFR went from mid twelves to mid tens. I had to actually turn the BAP down.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/marauding4life/IAT2005.jpg

Also on a trilogy chip you can either install a CAI OR a 3.2 pulley and be completey safe, but Lidio told me not BOTH without a retune. I went with the pulley but unfortunately noticed no difference at the track.
Hope this helps.

boatmangc
10-03-2009, 09:03 AM
So the FRPS already exists I am just going to give it a new reference point then; correct?

FordNut
10-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Strange that adjusting the BAP would make a difference unless you're running out of pump capacity. Pressure is adjusted by the PCM, which outputs pulses to the FPDM. The pulse rate sets the fuel pressure which is referenced to the reading the PCM gets from the FRPS. If changing the BAP setting made a difference, it would mean the duty cycle is about 100%.

boatmangc
10-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Well my confidence is rising, sounds like the Marauder will be at SSHS9. especially since I have been waiting for Boyd Coddington Jr to finish new rims for my Mark VIII for 2 months so far. One thing for sure the Marauder will be shiny. Today is claybar and Porter Cable day followed by many coats of Zaino's.

Is the AIT mod a relocate or addition of a 2nd sensor?

FordNut
10-03-2009, 09:11 AM
The IAT mod is adding a different sensor. Can't really relocate the OEM one since it's part of the MAF. Can't really use a second one since the PCM only has the ability to read one. The mod adds a second one to the manifold after the blower & intercooler, then re-connects the wiring to it instead of the OEM one.

FordNut
10-03-2009, 09:14 AM
If I were thinking of making either of these mods, I would get a tune. Best to do them both at the same time and get it tuned one time.

Best bet for now would be to drive it like it is.

boatmangc
10-03-2009, 09:37 AM
If I were thinking of making either of these mods, I would get a tune. Best to do them both at the same time and get it tuned one time.

Best bet for now would be to drive it like it is.
Sounds right to me. Run what ya brung!

Evidently Jerry is real busy now and I don't want to rush him, I know I don't like being pushed.

Now the real problem. I haven't been in front of a christmas tree since 1986.

Gumby goes racing. Bring your cameras guys.

boatmangc
10-08-2009, 07:03 PM
I did find my Trilogy # tonight. #36.

Cobra25
10-08-2009, 07:41 PM
:bows: #36 ! Congrat's !
I did find my Trilogy # tonight. #36.

FordNut
10-08-2009, 08:37 PM
There used to be a owner's list, maybe you could find out who the original Trilogy kit buyer was.

boatmangc
10-09-2009, 03:32 AM
I know,
I bought it from the original owner.
I have the original receipt for the Trilogy and the Lidio install.
Actually I have every receipt for everything spent on the car since new except fuel and Ins.

boatmangc
11-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Well as some of you know I lunched the motor at SSHS9
I have heard either hot lapped one too many times or as a result of not moving the IAT and hot lapping the ECU thought the motor was cooler than it was and didn't back timing out.
Now the new question......
In the morning I am ordering a new motor. Either the Aluminator or a stock Marauder block.
I really don't plan on entering the world of competitive drag racing but I will use my Trilogy.
If it is tuned right and the IAT and FRPS mods are done which would you use.
After this crash I doubt the car will see many more passes down the strip.
For a difference of 2400 bucks or so I am undecided which one to buy.
Feel free to answer with your opinions, I need a lot to think about before morning when I spend the $$$

LANDY
11-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Sir. ALUMINATOR!

Pops
11-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Gary buy a Reman Cobra for it.

boatmangc
11-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Gary buy a Reman Cobra for it.

Does Ford sell it? I am kinda cool with the warranty thing.

Pops
11-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Get a hold of Blown3.8 and get his phone number. Chris will give you some good guide lines Gary. I think you meet him last weekend as he was driving the Shermanater. He knows your SC and what will work good with it.

LANDY
11-10-2009, 06:17 PM
he also did Doom's car. and the cobra shortblock is a great idea.

FordNut
11-10-2009, 06:30 PM
I'll third that, Cobra short block.

boatmangc
11-10-2009, 06:33 PM
i'm lookin right now.
Can I buy that reman straight from Ford?
What year?

FordNut
11-10-2009, 06:37 PM
I think so, but somebody with the right connections may be able to get you a better deal.

boatmangc
11-10-2009, 06:38 PM
The car is at Aric's now

boatmangc
11-10-2009, 06:52 PM
My niece works at a LM dealer in Mn. I just emailed her.

FordNut
11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Maybe she can get a deal and have it drop shipped to Team Ford in Marietta. that's pretty close to Aric.

boatmangc
11-12-2009, 04:13 AM
My niece says dealer cost on Aluminator is $6500,
Although I have priced a couple of other parts through her and been able to beat them in SoFlo...

boatmangc
11-13-2009, 06:16 AM
Ordered the 10:1 Aluminator Thursday AM
Thanks for all of your input

The reaching out and advice makes me feel as though I have a new family.

Betweem MM.net and MarkVIII.org I have made a few truly good friends.

I hope to enjoy them and my MM for many years to come.

Hotrauder
11-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Gary, I was there as you may recall and reading though this thread again, after the fact; perhaps we should have been more complete in our advise on running at SSHS9 with the Trilogy. I assumed and I am sure other did also that you had an unmolested Trilogy kit with the stock T chip. You may recall that I asked you at the track about the pulley as it definately was not the stock 3.4. My concern was for the tune for the smaller pulley you were running and what you are running for a fuel pump to support the need for more fuel? Who did the tune when the smaller pulley was installed? Keep the Trilogy and Aric will keep you safe with it. Good luck with the rebuild. You are in good hands with Aric and you have good knowledge working with you here. All the best. Dennis

Glenn
11-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Gary:

Good luck on your new aluminator engine. I believe that simply running 101 octane would have prevented the detonation. But, that is all after the fact now.

The web site cost for the Aluminator LB is $6,700. Dealer cost would be about 25% less then this cost.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField= 9871

Glenn :burnout:

boatmangc
11-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Aric and Ryan hooked me up with the price, once again thanks guys I just saved a couple of hundy there.
As far as the tune, it was done by Lidio at the time of install in 7/8/04 according to the dyno sheet
It is running the KB Boost a pump

Hotrauder
11-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Lidio developed the Trilogy tune and there is no one better. Hoping to see you and your beautiful Marauder on the street and at the track soon. Dennis

boatmangc
11-28-2009, 06:20 PM
just got preliminary pictures from Injected Engineering of the barfed motor.
Windowed both sides of the block, broke at least 2 rods.
Ya know if you are going to do something, don't mess around.