PDA

View Full Version : Shermanator beats Pops at MV7!

Pops
10-04-2009, 08:56 AM
While at MV7 I was ale to race Shermans car! He won!:D His car with Chris behind the wheel went 10.41 and I went 11.63. It was fun and the only thing I was able to win was on reaction time. Chris was :sleepy: on the tree! The Shermantor went by me like a rocket ship!:eek: It was fun and we all had a good laugh.

The other news is the GM ran a 11.26 @ 123.42 and backed the run up with a 11.29 @ 126.4. I am pleased with the performance of the car and cant wait till its time to turn up the wick on it. Its still running on the street tune and 93 octane gas. :burnout:

Now its time to race Van Winkle Doomies Marauder. :lol:

It was great to see all the Marauders that showed up at the track and even more impressive to see the number of them that went down the track! Way to go guys and girls!;)

If you have any pictures post em up!

Pops

ntd
10-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Pops great runs, please tell me you have a vid for us that couldn't make it to MV7

Pops
10-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Sherman has a video and I know others have them to. I saw a great burnoun picture of my car and hope it gets posted! Linda put one on you tube I think. T .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-S2nv6A7jA

SC Cheesehead
10-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Sherman has a video and I know others have them to. I saw a great burnoun picture of my car and hope it gets posted! Linda put one on you tube I think. T .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-S2nv6A7jA

John,

Thanks for posting this up. I was sitting with Russ in staging when you guys ran and didn't get a chance to see the race.

Phrog_gunner
10-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Why is someone else racing his car? I'm willing to bet that I'm the only one that doesn't know the story? :confused:

ImpalaSlayer
10-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Why is someone else racing his car? I'm willing to bet that I'm the only one that doesn't know the story? :confused:

Chris is Shermans son. they both drive the car!

SC Cheesehead
10-04-2009, 05:25 PM

Chris is Shermans son. they both drive the car!

Yup, and Sherm can cut a pretty mean light, too.

ImpalaSlayer
10-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Yup, and Sherm can cut a pretty mean light, too.

indeed he can!

Pops
10-04-2009, 05:31 PM
There are also other youtube videos. Mauderville 2009 drag race is the search.

merc
10-04-2009, 05:47 PM
While at MV7 I was able to race Shermans car! He won!:D His car with Chris behind the wheel went 10.41 and I went 11.63. It was fun and the only thing I was able to win was on reaction time.

Pops

I get tired of reading Sherman's plates in the 1320. I do 12's should be updated. :) I am focusing on the little black thunder chicken for now.

Pops
10-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Hey Merc I was to fast to read the ET before the race was over. You are right about the plate! Sherm did ask me if I saw the time during the run!;)

merc
10-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey Merc I was to fast to read the ET before the race was over. You are right about the plate! Sherm did ask me if I saw the time during the run!;)

I have heard that line also. There is a hidden joke between the lines. :o

Pops
10-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Sherm is going to visit his brother this week here in Michigan. Looks like he is going to meet us at the track on Saturday. I will be taking the Fairlane this time. Need to go somewhere else with the GM for now due to tech lanes! Tech was put your card in the box at Muncie!;)

offroadkarter
10-04-2009, 06:19 PM
A 10 second car beating an 11 second car? This is clearly the work of communism!

Pops
10-04-2009, 06:26 PM
No way! It was all about the fun! The next time we try this it will be a closer race. We were both trying to lay down a number and knew the track was going away. The first plan was blower to blower but with the changes we knew were coming Chris needed to use the bottle. The track was not holding the power from either car on that run and we both were having to drive hard! I would do it again in a minute. I consider it good clean fun to get my azz handed to me by that car! Its not always about the win! :)

SC Cheesehead
10-04-2009, 06:29 PM
No way! It was all about the fun! The next time we try this it will be a closer race. We were both trying to lay down a number and knew the track was going away. The first plan was blower to blower but with the changes we knew were coming Chris needed to use the bottle. The track was not holding the power from either car on that run and we both were having to drive hard! I would do it again in a minute. I consider it good clean fun to get my azz handed to me buy that car! Its not always about the win! :)

You sound like Doomie practicing his lines now...;)

dohc324ci
10-04-2009, 06:32 PM
You guys have all the fun......lol

Pops
10-04-2009, 06:33 PM
I fixed it Rex!:shake: Just can't get away with anything around here. No Doomie to bust my chops so you take over!:flamer:

justbob
10-04-2009, 08:11 PM
You handed this guy a beatdown pops!:beer:

gT_JI6dHfgs&feature=related

Pops
10-05-2009, 05:27 AM
Thanks! I wondered if anyone filmed that run. 11.29 @ 126.42. As Sherman would ask, could you read my ET before you finished the race! I am sure he could!:cool:

DOOM
10-05-2009, 10:54 AM
DOOM beat pops too!
Sadly the video was lost. :(

Blackened300a
10-05-2009, 10:58 AM
You handed this guy a beatdown pops!:beer:

gT_JI6dHfgs&feature=related

So did I. :D He went a whopping 16.3 against me. Its amazing how much faster 2 seconds is in the 1/4.

Ms. Denmark
10-05-2009, 11:49 AM
A 10 second car beating an 11 second car? This is clearly the work of communism!The only thing missing from MV7 was you, Ryan! You shoulda been there to see it for yourself! John and Sherm gave us all goosebumps......one of the best moments of the whole thing!!!

Pops
10-05-2009, 11:57 AM
:D It was the high point for me also! I had been talking smack to Sherman. He took care of that for now! I will be back for another shot at him!:P

Ms. Denmark
10-05-2009, 12:04 PM
:D It was the high point for me also! I had been talking smack to Sherman. He took care of that for now! I will be back for another shot at him!:P
We know you will John........just hope I'm there!!:D

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-05-2009, 12:49 PM

Bling Bling :banana2:

Pops
10-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Heres the video Sherman took of our race. Chris was driving the car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IsTnQJmuK8

Blown3.8
10-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Here's John's 11.29 run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsDCNsmYxTs

That was a blast this weekend! A little hectic for me, but I made it thru. Nice to see all them Rauders at the track! We left early cause I shredded the blower belt on Shem's car on the pass with John... so who knows may have been even faster?:cool:

Then went out to try and find another 8 rib belt and could only muster a 6. It still ran well on sunday at the bird track day. They prepped the track well for us so Sherms car went a 10.50 at 132 on sunday.

I prolly shouldn't say this on the net, but it was awsome to be able to take passengers down the track at 11.50 and 12.50:cool:. May ruin the fun for the next that try.

John, Sherm's back in VA now cause the weather looked like crap up there this week. We'll line em up again soon.:burnout:

Shermanator
10-07-2009, 11:13 AM
MMV was IT, it don't get better than that. Thanks to all of you guys and gals for making it that way. There must have been a thousands Marauders at Indy, well close to it. Pops, you will be the next into that exclusive club "10s on Motor", real soon. Hurry up three is not a crowd. Zac, welcome to the club. Please let me know about the mods -- you know, all the goodies, I need the help.

Pops
10-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks Sherman! As always it was a blast hanging out with you giving you the trash talk! I will be in the club with you soon. Next effort is the Fairlane in the 11s That should happen this weekend if the weather gives me the window on Saturday!

merc
10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks Sherman! As always it was a blast hanging out with you giving you the trash talk! I will be in the club with you soon. Next effort is the Fairlane in the 11s That should happen this weekend if the weather gives me the window on Saturday!

Holy crap old man, you were moving and groven down the 1320. Looks like I might have to dig deeper in my pockets. This baby is going on the bottle next year.

Pops
10-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Holy crap old man, you were moving and groven down the 1320. Looks like I might have to dig deeper in my pockets. This baby is going on the bottle next year.

:shake: :censor: :lol: ;) :director: ME TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: