PDA

View Full Version : The Hotel was amazing

Mike Poore
10-05-2009, 04:12 PM
We walked into our room and couldn't believe we were getting accommodations like this for the price; especially since we had just spent five nights in Washington Courthouse, OH finest, at a higher rate, which was a fleabag, by comparison.

There was just one thing, which turned out to be an amazing discovery, and a first, for us. It was the bathroom: we kept trying to pull the shower door closed, only to learn there wasn't one; you just walk in. Another surprise was the position of the, um convenience in relation to the toilet roll dispenser. For me, trying to grab some paper turned out to be a difficult contortionist's trick, until I discovered the little switch/button thingey, on the dispenser that telescoped the paper roll forward about six inches, on it's telescoping arms. That was too cool.

I've never seen such a thing, and when I mentioned it to Dan, learned that he was totally unaware of one of the coolest gadgets, ever. Now we wonder if you other guys found it. .....sort of like the guy's post some years back, who couldn't locate the O/D lockout button on his MM's shifter. :)

It was great to see our friends, once again, and make new ones. until the next event....mike & barb

Mr. Man
10-05-2009, 04:27 PM
We did not find the toilet roll extender thingy.:rolleyes: Boy do we feel stupid now!!:D We enjoyed the accomodations.... up until the "Wild Girls" caution tape appeared on several room doors adjacent to ours. It turned out to be a bachelorette party!:eek: Well.....maybe one of us wasn't too upset! LOL

SC Cheesehead
10-05-2009, 04:28 PM
We did not find the toilet roll extender thingy.:rolleyes: Boy do we feel stupid now!!:D We enjoyed the accomodations.... up until the "Wild Girls" caution tape appeared on several room doors adjacent to ours. It turned out to be a bachelorette party!:eek: Well.....maybe one of us wasn't too upset! LOL

Me either, I ended up using a toilet brush...

FastMerc
10-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes those rooms were cool.even took pics of it :)

Bluerauder
10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
We walked into our room and couldn't believe we were getting accommodations like this for the price...
+1 Mike. I agree that it was very nice. There was also an advantage to being the first one down for breakfast in the morning. I got the first cup of fresh brewed coffee and me and the breakfast lady were on a 1st name basis. :D

Marauderjack
10-06-2009, 04:59 AM

UGH!!!:shake:

Blackened300a
10-06-2009, 05:09 AM

:lol:

I never found that button either. But then again I didnt have much toilet paper to work with since the person Im sharing the room with uses a half a roll each time she goes. :rolleyes:

Mike Poore
10-06-2009, 05:23 AM
:lol:

I never found that button either. But then again I didnt have much toilet paper to work with since the person Im sharing the room with uses a half a roll each time she goes. :rolleyes:

TMI! :tmi:TMI! :rofl:

I'm wondering if boB, the engineer located the device? Hell, he prolly has schematics and production blueprints, by now.;)

MERCMAN
10-06-2009, 05:41 AM
If you are on facebook, please leave comments and pics for the hotel

Facebook Cambriasuites, Noblesville in.

The staff was really great and deserves some on-line Kudos from all of us :up:

Mike Poore
10-06-2009, 06:10 AM
If you are on facebook, please leave comments and pics for the hotel

Facebook Cambriasuites, Noblesville in.

The staff was really great and deserves some on-line Kudos from all of us :up:

Speaking of kudos, lest we forget, the heroic efforts put forth by Dan & Julie. It was a stressful, and difficult task, and in my opinion, couldn't have been any better. They even arranged for the weather to cooperate. It doesn't get any better'n that.

THANKS AGAIN DAN/JULIE :)

Haggis
10-06-2009, 06:57 AM

They didn't know what 'wild' was until Saturday night when I knocked on one of them doors and said; 'Little sheep, little sheep let me in...BWaaaaaHaaaa!!'

BODYMAN
10-06-2009, 08:50 AM
+100 on that I got home and told the Wife you should have seen the room it was awesome! and for the price WOW. before I left I asked for a comment card and made sure I filled it out and gave it to the lady at the frt desk and then went on to tell her how nice evrything was what a awesome hotel

dakslim
10-06-2009, 09:17 AM

Um...I don't think I'll be visiting your room in Wilmington!:shake:

CRUZTAKER
10-06-2009, 01:33 PM
.... up until the "Wild Girls" caution tape appeared on several room doors adjacent to ours. It turned out to be a bachelorette party!:eek: Well.....maybe one of us wasn't too upset! LOL

Dude...those were teenage girls.:P:beer:
Yes, albeit there had to have been better than 50 of them, and yes several of which by no means physically appeared to be minors, (did you see the three in the hot tub OMG!!!)...but they were all on a traveling high school soccer team.

On topic however...the hotel was so new, it still had that new home smell throughout. Extremely nice rooms with two LCD flatscreens and retro euro decor reminiscent of the 70's. The beds were incredibly snuggly as well.

I did not even paste the property with my signiture burnout...the place was just too nice to be violated...yet.;)

Ken
10-06-2009, 08:12 PM
On topic however...the hotel was so new, it still had that new home smell throughout. Extremely nice rooms with two LCD flatscreens and retro euro decor reminiscent of the 70's. The beds were incredibly snuggly as well.

I did not even paste the property with my signiture burnout...the place was just too nice to be violated...yet.;)The bed sure was comfy!

Mark and I even refrained from reprising our burnout video, and I have a set of tire with which to do it! :D

Or are we just getting older?

Ken

Motorhead350
10-07-2009, 01:00 AM
The bed was nice, but I hardly slept on it. I mean at times I woke up and didn't realize I was awake. Maybe I am going crazy or something. I wasn't fond of the shower because it wasn't hot enough. Usually I am red when I get out, but figured out pushing the handle will the shower hotter so the last half of my shower was with one hand on the handle.

It was very nice for the price and I can't get over that bed... way too nice.

The teenagers were snobby. If I walked around one and said excuse me, no responce, like three times this happened. They didn't have a since of humor either. I don't think many female athletes turn out to be good mothers... sorry had to say it. :P

Embassy
10-07-2009, 03:34 AM
Ok, I admit...I did briefly light them up on Wed when going to grab a bite to eat. :burnout:

Blackened300a
10-07-2009, 03:42 AM
The bed was nice, but I hardly slept on it. I mean at times I woke up and didn't realize I was awake. Maybe I am going crazy or something. I wasn't fond of the shower because it wasn't hot enough. Usually I am red when I get out, but figured out pushing the handle will the shower hotter so the last half of my shower was with one hand on the handle.

Im glad I wasnt the only one who didnt have hot enough water. Im also like a shower with a door on it! Also on Friday night, our A/C started making sounds like a diesel engine and then completely stopped working. Still a great place.

FastMerc
10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
What it looks like.

1stMerc
10-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Another surprise was the position of the, um convenience in relation to the toilet roll dispenser. For me, trying to grab some paper turned out to be a difficult contortionist's trick, until I discovered the little switch/button thingey, on the dispenser that telescoped the paper roll forward about six inches, on it's telescoping arms. That was too cool.

I've never seen such a thing, and when I mentioned it to Dan, learned that he was totally unaware of one of the coolest gadgets, ever. Now we wonder if you other guys found it.

Darn you Mike, you said you were kidding about the button :D

Inspite of the... um... conveince positioning. these were some great rooms. First one i've stayed in that had flat panel tv let alone two of them. Good pick Dan.

BTW i did finally figure out how one goes about shaving.

Mike Poore
10-13-2009, 07:05 AM
BUSTED!!! It was a good joke, though. ;)

GreekGod
11-08-2009, 12:16 PM
What was the room cost per night?

==============

Mr. Man
11-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I think it was $79+ tax.

GreekGod
11-08-2009, 01:09 PM
I think it was $79+ tax.

...Nice!...I still remember those rooms on Route 66 for ~ $5 back in the early 1970's. The good old days are gone forever.... Of course, I was making $2.00/ hour back then ($80/week!)!

============