PDA

View Full Version : Popped my cherry in indy

DOOM
10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
This was my first marauderville event, and folks let me tell you it didn't disappoint.
This experience for me is what part of owning a marauder is all about.
It was this past weekend with friends & events that makes my marauder experience so special.
Driving around the brickyard meeting Steve Babcock and bringing home 3 trophies was the icing on the cake! :trophy1: :trophy1: :trophy1: :coolman:
Seeing so many of my friends and making new ones is just a priceless experience.
Having Steve Babcock and Kenny Brown sign my car was unforgettable as well as the compliments they gave me. :bows:
After this meet i now look at my marauder in an completely different way.

Thank you MM.Net :nworthy: :nworthy:

Blackmobile
10-08-2009, 09:38 PM
That's usually how Marauderville's go. Got any Pix of the trophies?

-Matt-
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Got any Pix of the trophies?

He cant cause they are at the chromer. :D

DOOM
10-08-2009, 09:44 PM

They took pics of the award ceremony.
I think barry posted up some.
I even got Steve Babcock to sign my trophies. :up:

Motorhead350
10-08-2009, 10:08 PM
I wonder when they will have awards for beater Marauders. :D

CRUZTAKER
10-08-2009, 10:40 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3454/3991518732_75ce83e685_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2653/3991519510_db2c0867d9_o.jpg

Bigdogjim
10-09-2009, 03:36 AM
Hey Dommie I got the silver pen the Steve and Kenny use:)

Going to have it chromed for you:)

It great riding around the Brickyard with you:up:

SC Cheesehead
10-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Glad you enjoyed yourself Jake. I got hooked 4 years ago down in Orlando and haven't missed one since.

And again, congrats on the trophies, well deserved. :up:

justbob
10-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Way to go Jake! THREE trophies!

Pops
10-09-2009, 06:10 AM
I am sorry that you used my Trophy to do it!:eek:

Bradley G
10-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Get in line!:P
I wonder when they will have awards for beater Marauders. :D

ctrlraven
10-09-2009, 07:19 AM
As much as you loved your car before MV7 now it's just going to be sickening, probably won't let anyone even breath within 10 ft of it lol.

Where on your car did then sign it?

(got my new BirdMan avatar lol)

Embassy
10-09-2009, 07:30 AM
This was my first marauderville event, and folks let me tell you it didn't disappoint.
This experience for me is what part of owning a marauder is all about.
It was this past weekend with friends & events that makes my marauder experience so special.
Driving around the brickyard meeting Steve Babcock and bringing home 3 trophies was the icing on the cake! :trophy1: :trophy1: :trophy1: :coolman:
Seeing so many of my friends and making new ones is just a priceless experience.
Having Steve Babcock and Kenny Brown sign my car was unforgettable as well as the compliments they gave me. :bows:
After this meet i now look at my marauder in an completely different way.

Thank you MM.Net :nworthy: :nworthy:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Meeting new folks and seeing some old faces was great. It feels like one large (if not dysfunctional) family.

Hanging out with Steve Babcock, having him sign my car, and winning trophies in an all-Marauder judged car show (with VERY tough judging) was a bonus on top of a perfect outing.

Ms. Denmark
10-09-2009, 07:43 AM
It is always great to see you and your beautiful car, Jake. Your trophies are WELL DESERVED!! You sure are right when you say these Meets make us all appreciate our cars just a little more each time. But spending time with old friends and meeting new ones is the real payoff.....priceless!! Thanks again to MM.net for making MV7 a most successful event!!!

DOOM
10-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Oh and Ms. D's cookies were worth the 9 hour drive. :D

Haggis
10-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. Meeting new folks and seeing some old faces was great. It feels like one large (if not dysfunctional) family.

Are you still dating Kelly (Sheepballs)?

breeze
10-09-2009, 03:29 PM
:congrats:

JUST 1BULLITT
10-09-2009, 04:12 PM
WELL Said Doom!! GREAT meeting you AND your awesome car!! this was my FIRST Ever Marauderville too and the feelings are the same; it's addicting and as I told Embassy the day after we left Indy; I'm READY for the next one already!! :lol: :bows: :D (OR I'm ready for Louisville already! :beer:) Can't wait to see everyone again!

Mr. Man
10-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Had a good time hangin and bangin with the crowd. We were happy you could stay awake long enough to accept your trophies Van WinkleDoom.:D

1stMerc
10-09-2009, 08:08 PM
My sentiments exactly. Hooked since MV 4 and that was a haul. Always a great time seeing all the different flavors of Marauders in one place and hanging with a great bunch of folks. Meeting and talking with Steve Babcock and the brickyard lap treasured memories. It was especially great having some of my immediate neighbors from across both rivers make the trip up and the wild ride back.

Especially want to salute Eric Jones (screen name same) Called me while we were at Indy Motor Speedway Saturday said he was coming inspite of 271 miles and about 5hrs away and everything just about over. D**ned if he didn't make it. Talk about a kid in a candy store it was great seeing him enjoy himself.

This is true love of the Marauder and all involved. Heres to ya Eric!!! and all those who put this great event together. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

FW_Linc/Merc
10-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Someone else there said this but it is so true "50+ Marauders and no two alike". Everyone was so welcoming to a newcomer at Maruderville. I was especially taken away by how humble everyone was about there great cars. But Doom your humbleness is still impressive. Very Glad to have met everyone and I am already planning to attend Kentucky. I am hooked.

Embassy
10-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Are you still dating Kelly (Sheepballs)?

Kelly says, "Please bring Sheepballs to Kentucky. I am having serious withdrawls." :cool:

I say DO NOT bring her that drink.

Haggis
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Kelly says, "Please bring Sheepballs to Kentucky. I am having serious withdrawls." :cool:

I say DO NOT bring her that drink.

Ha..Ha...:lol:

Gryphonzus
10-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Just got back from Indy Saturday. Had a great time, got Mr. Babcock to sign my car. Got to meet the DOOMster and his car, and what a car it is! There were alot of great looking cars there.:banana2: Hope I can make it to another meet. It was great meeting all the Marauder owners.

Motorhead350
10-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Get in line!:P

Wow. You dirty dirty man!