PDA

View Full Version : first time at the track with my car

ntd
10-10-2009, 04:55 PM
First I would like to thank Pops and Gothvic. I went to us 131 raceway with them Pops thunderbolt is clean and fast. Pops when I grow up I want to be just like you:D. First run nice burnout left easy a little tire spin

reaction time- .3781
60ft - 2.1492
1/4 et - 14.5951
1/4 mph - 94.41
the mustang in the other lane spanked me like I stole from him. Second run a little burn out loaded to TQ left fast and hard but spun pretty bad.

reaction time- .0718
60ft - 2.2338
1/4 et - 14.6977
1/4 mph - 94.23
not bad for a tune and 4.10 this is my base line before the supercharger still trying to figure out what way to go. Looking to make 11.50ish car(blower and forged engine) Pops said he got my runs on tape can't wait to see them. It's funny the bike I sold for my car ran mid 10's but man do I love this car.

dohc324ci
10-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Cool! nice runs bud. SC choice is a nice problem to have...lol lots of info here on that one.

Pops
10-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Nick you did great today! To bad you could not see the grin you were wearing when you showed me that .07 reaction time.:D Ya beat my .09!!!!:banana2:

gdmjoe and the Greek God where also at the track to cheer us on. I had fun visitting with all the guys and am looking forward to the next time we can get together!:beer:

By the way Nicky Baby you got the drag race bug now!!!!!!:shake:

SpartaPerformance
10-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Good runs!!

Bradley G
10-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Gets the juices flowin' eh?
I've clawed my way from mid 15's, five years ago.
Two weeks back, a Marauder/track virgin showes up @ Union Grove and rips off thirteens (13.0) Then dials in his race gas tune and plows to the 12's
Nice runs! You are in good company!

RacerX
10-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Nice runs! It's a blast isn't it! :D Awesome RT too! Keep it up. :banana2:

Pops
10-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Hers you video Nick! I have not seen it yet!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBtedYpBVjk&feature=channel

ntd
10-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks Pops for posting the vid. I think your right on I need to go around the water box I also left my tire pressure at 35psi never dropped it. It felt like it spun pretty good of the line and into second a little. Still was alot of fun:). Suck be lined up with a really fast car made me look slower:bigcry:.

Pops
10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Those two items slowed you down! I bet you have ay least 2 more tenths to get out of her. If you watch the video a couple of times you will dee the whell spin. It was a lot of fun at the track but tough to keep track of everyone!

gdmjoe
10-14-2009, 07:05 PM
ntd ... I need to go around the water box ...
And as mentioned ... a couple of dry hops before staging to clean the tires off a bit.
stage with left foot on brake and right poised over gas.
leave on the last yellow.And ya ... lowering the rear tire pressure will help your spinning off the line.

BTW ... You've Had PM! *For a couple of days now.

RR|Suki
10-14-2009, 07:15 PM
nice run man, careful lowering the psi on the street radial, if you do it too much the tire will bow up in the middle and you'll have less foot print :)

ntd
10-15-2009, 03:25 AM
And as mentioned ...

BTW ... You've Had PM! *For a couple of days now.

Yes I know I'm going to look at a 2 sets this weekend if they don't look good I'll be contacting you. Man I have been spending money like crazy this week put money down on the gauge pod pillars and at the end of this week I'm buying control arms and watts. Just bought a really nice car cover for the Marauder to sleep under this winter.

1 Bad Merc
10-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Also it looks like on the video that you drove through the water box at the staging lanes and then heated up your tires. On stock BFG radials do not drive through the waterbox but go around it. You probably had some left over water in the tire grooves which caused you to spin your tires alot more. Congrats on getting out their and running your car. Be warned .....it's addicting!!!