PDA

View Full Version : Got my first award last night!

LeoVampire
10-11-2009, 11:48 AM
It was a total surprise to say the least.

This was said over the PA when most of us were talking in the cold LOL!

"It is our pleasure to present a plaque to the first man ever in the history of the club that has a muscle car newer than the 1980s recieveing anything. Most buy newer car's and show them off he has shown outstanding Pride in his car in making her one of the favorite's at our weekend shows amongst some extremely tuff competition from car's dating all the way back to the 1920's and 1930's right through to the 1970's. He is always here with a smile and a helping hand and talks to anyone about his car with beaming pride and a wealth of information. Mercury hasn't been known for producing a true Muscle car since the 1970's so we want to thank him for making Mercury Muscle an American Classic once again! It is with great honer I present you with this plaque please bring your Marauder up to receive your award and standing beside her!"

When they announced it I got a standing ovation from everyone at the cruise night/car show.

Yes it is windy outside today in CT taking those pictures LOL!

Marauderjack
10-11-2009, 11:53 AM
CONGRATULATIONS......I know you are proud!!:beer::banana:

LeoVampire
10-11-2009, 11:56 AM
CONGRATULATIONS......I know you are proud!!:beer::banana:

I even let out a HE HAW yell when I heard it! It was the one thing I never ever expected at any of the event's having such a new car.
Awsome feeling to have your hard work and time recognized by people with some seriously awsome car's at these event's.

Pops
10-11-2009, 12:00 PM
:cool:Great job! You should be proud!

ImpalaSlayer
10-11-2009, 12:43 PM
thats awesome man! the more i look at it the more i like it! congrats!!

justbob
10-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Congrats man! BTW, sweet engine!

Bluerauder
10-11-2009, 12:49 PM
This was said over the PA when most of us were talking in the cold LOL!

"It is our pleasure to present a plaque to the first man ever in the history of the club that has a muscle car newer than the 1980s recieveing anything. Most buy newer car's and show them off he has shown outstanding Pride in his car in making her one of the favorite's at our weekend shows amongst some extremely tuff competition from car's dating all the way back to the 1920's and 1930's right through to the 1970's. He is always here with a smile and a helping hand and talks to anyone about his car with beaming pride and a wealth of information. Mercury hasn't been known for producing a true Muscle car since the 1970's so we want to thank him for making Mercury Muscle an American Classic once again! It is with great honer I present you with this plaque please bring your Marauder up to receive your award and standing beside her!"
Wow!!! Just Wow!! That announcement was really neat. Thanks for representing. :up: :trophy:

LeoVampire
10-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Wow!!! Just Wow!! That announcement was really neat. Thanks for representing. :up: :trophy:

I will never forget that speach as I heard it being anounced. People were patting me on the back shaking my hand. I was too choked up to say anything just had my mouth open like a dumm ass LOL!!!

It was funny what they said about always helping because I had brought my drill and mothers ball and was polishing a guy's headers with that new ceramic coat high temp polish I got. It is hard for him to stand bent over his Ford Falcon, an older guy, and I wanted to help him out when he was talking about it last week at the MUM car festival. So I was there Saturday polishing his headers for him.

ntd
10-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Absolutely great I think it looks cool. Always great the hear that people other than us like the Marauder's too.

babbage
10-11-2009, 01:11 PM
congrats! great job! I'm sure the new paint on the engine helped.

DOOM
10-11-2009, 01:24 PM
:congrats: I hope its the first of many more to come. :trophy1:

TAKEDOWN
10-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Awesome, but it doesn't surprise me at all with an engine like that displayed! Congrats, you earned it.

Ms. Denmark
10-11-2009, 03:05 PM
What a great story.....what a great looking car! I can only imagine how proud you must be..... and the fact that they made that wonderful personalized announcement about it AND you makes it one of those never-to-be-forgotten moments!! Congratulations on a well deserved win!

LeoVampire
10-11-2009, 05:12 PM
It was nice to know this summer's work was well worth the effert in turning her into something special and to be even more proud of than I already was in just owning one of these Marauder's.

Pops: Yep I am very proud of her and the work I did.

ImpalaSlayer: Ya I was nervous about the color work but everyone seem's to like it and it is growing on me big time.

justbob: Thanks took some time money and work but worth it!

ntd: It has taken some convinicing it was more than a Normal Panther car.

babbage: Oh hell ya before the new work most just looked and walked by after commenting on the size of the head's.

DOOM: Your not the only one Doom but thank's from a guy with a lot of Bling! ;)

takedown: Something anyone can do with some time, cash and hard work.

Ms. Denmark: You are so right there I will never forget it that is for sure.

SMOKE
10-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Way to go! Where abouts was all this!?

Best,
Jonathan

LeoVampire
10-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Way to go! Where abouts was all this!?

Best,
Jonathan

Bristol on route 6 in front of the Sear's hardware store next to Franky's and near Steven's Auto Mall. During the Spring to Fall they do a weekly show/cruse night on Saturday's, raffle's play old time music all night long and a lot of car's show up from every American Make and model.
Start's at 4:30 P.M. and end's around 8:30 P.M.. But last night was the last one of the year :( unfortunatly.

They do 2 big show's every year. One at the start of the season on Main Street The Street Festival and then the other at the end of the year in the big Park memorial Bulivard called the Mum festival.

There are no classes of car's at these event's so needless to say it is not easy to be considered for anything prize wise.