PDA

View Full Version : Radio stopped working?

blazen71
10-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Last night i turned off the radio in the Marauder. This morning when i turned it on, everything functioned but no sound through the speakers. Funny thing is the subwoofer still works. All factory stereo components. Any thoughts?

joedee
10-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Last night i turned off the radio in the Marauder. This morning when i turned it on, everything functioned but no sound through the speakers. Funny thing is the subwoofer still works. All factory stereo components. Any thoughts?

Did you hit the mute button? Time to upgrade?
:confused:

blazen71
10-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Got into my car after work today and guess what? Now the radio works. Hopefully it will limp along. I'd rather spend money on performance enhancing parts than sound enhancing parts.

Motorhead350
10-14-2009, 02:21 AM
Your car doesn't like The Doors. :lol:

J/K good luck with the fix.

blazen71
10-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Your car doesn't like The Doors. :lol:

J/K good luck with the fix.

It was Nirvana Unplugged

ImpalaSlayer
10-14-2009, 10:58 AM
It was Nirvana Unplugged

ugh, no wonder it shut off....

xopher
10-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Got into my car after work today and guess what? Now the radio works. Hopefully it will limp along. I'd rather spend money on performance enhancing parts than sound enhancing parts.

I'll trade you my intermittent headlights (LCM) for your intermittent radio ;)

Motorhead350
10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
It was Nirvana Unplugged

So who was The Man That Sold The World? :D

blazen71
10-14-2009, 05:12 PM
So who was The Man That Sold The World? :D

this song is about bowie's brother who suffered from mental illness?

Ambitious1
05-24-2018, 09:24 PM

I know this is an old thread, but this just happened to me. The radio powers on fine and I can change the station, however there is no audio of any kind. All OEM radio components. Checked the fuses, the wiring and the connections in the back of the radio. Everything fine. But still no audio. Not even static.

Any one have idea of what would cause this?

justbob
05-24-2018, 10:32 PM
I know this is an old thread, but this just happened to me. The radio powers on fine and I can change the station, however there is no audio of any kind. All OEM radio components. Checked the fuses, the wiring and the connections in the back of the radio. Everything fine. But still no audio. Not even static.

Maybe it’s on strike. Were you playing country music? [emoji6]

Is it on mute? [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ambitious1
05-25-2018, 05:25 AM
Maybe it’s on strike. Were you playing country music?

Is it on mute?

Lol, I wasn't playing country music when the audio stopped working. I also checked the mute button.

Any one else with any other ideas?

88LTDCV351
05-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Could you have the same problem I had?

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105256&page=2

Ambitious1
05-25-2018, 10:33 AM
Could you have the same problem I had?

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105256&page=2

I had a similar issue before, where the AM/FM didn't work but the CD player did. Here, nothing works at all. No AM/FM, no CD player, no audio of any kind. But the radio powers on, volume button works, changes stations, etc. I doubt that all of the speakers have gone bad at the same time.

I am going to start taking the dash and the doors apart and really dig deep this weekend. I'm hoping someone may give me a lead into what I should be looking for.

Greg
05-25-2018, 10:43 AM
Turn the volume up? Getting the radio out the dash isn't bad. I would start there.

fastblackmerc
05-25-2018, 11:20 AM
No way all the speakers went out at the same time.

Invective
05-25-2018, 01:36 PM
I would keep my original equipment as long as it is reparable.

Today's Driving Music: The Very Best of Cream (Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker)

Invective
05-25-2018, 01:38 PM
I had a similar issue before, where the AM/FM didn't work but the CD player did. Here, nothing works at all. No AM/FM, no CD player, no audio of any kind. But the radio powers on, volume button works, changes stations, etc. I doubt that all of the speakers have gone bad at the same time.

I am going to start taking the dash and the doors apart and really dig deep this weekend. I'm hoping someone may give me a lead into what I should be looking for.

Either the head unit or the trunk mounted amp.

Jtrip
05-25-2018, 02:09 PM

These radios are how old and were made where?? I'd upgrade to the Escape unit or a new one from Crutchfield.

Tom Kuznicki
05-25-2018, 10:17 PM
get a radio from a 2006 escape with the audiophile, all buttons in steering wheel will work just like the factory setup.

RF Overlord
05-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Either the head unit or the trunk mounted amp.The trunk-mounted amp is for the subwoofer only.

Invective
05-26-2018, 01:52 PM
The trunk-mounted amp is for the subwoofer only.

Where is the subwoofer? I know in the 'stang with the Mach 1000 audio the subwoofer takes up half of the trunk....

RF Overlord
05-26-2018, 01:59 PM
It's mounted to the package shelf on the driver's side. Look for the black box next to the spare tire.

finster101
05-26-2018, 04:03 PM
I have a head unit that was working when I upgraded to a Pioneer Z3. I would take $75.00 plus shipping.

Invective
05-26-2018, 08:25 PM
It's mounted to the package shelf on the driver's side. Look for the black box next to the spare tire.

Thanks for this. It must be right in front of the amp then...

Today's Driving Music: Dwight Yokam's 'Lookin For a Hit' album.