PDA

View Full Version : Reinhart SCT Tune

martyo
10-13-2009, 01:26 PM
I inherited a Reinhart tune and a handheld SCT tuner with the blue Marauder that I just bought.

I find the shifts to be a little too firm for a daily driver, which is what I will be using this car for.

Has anyone else with this tune felt this way?

Can I use the handheld tuner to ease up on the shifts some? If so, any recommendations on what parameters work well?

Black Dynamite
10-13-2009, 01:37 PM
I have the same tune. At first it is too harsh I agree. Mine has eased up some on the shift firmness. I thought the adaptive learning learning was turned off but apparently not. All I can say is drive it for a while and see if it eases off like mine. otherwise DR could send you a "DD" tune maybe?

Green96
10-13-2009, 01:46 PM
The older tunes could be customized using SCT ExtremeTune, but the file type had to be .XTR. The ExtemeTune software is no longer supported, and is not compatable with the newer file types. Newer .LL3 file types could be adjusted using the hand held tuner IF the original tuner allowed it. I do not think that DR usually enabled that feature. He is still around if you want to shoot him a PM.

ckadiddle
10-13-2009, 02:22 PM
Marty, I do remember seeing shift pressure settings in that tuner. You should be able to soften them up a bit. I can't remember the exact datails though.

martyo
10-13-2009, 02:25 PM
He is still around if you want to shoot him a PM.

No need.

My brother is a partner at Modular Powerhouse/MPH here in GA and he will be retuning the car anyway. I didn't want to bother Jeff becuase just wanted to know if I could make a quick tweak to dsettle down the shifts until my car can be fit in the schedule.

Glenn
10-13-2009, 02:31 PM
I had DR soften my 1st to 2nd shift by adjusting the line pressure. It was set on Max. It just took a few minutes to do. The car shifts very well now.

Glenn

martyo
10-13-2009, 03:08 PM
I had DR soften my 1st to 2nd shift by adjusting the line pressure. It was set on Max. It just took a few minutes to do. The car shifts very well now.

Glenn

That was what I was thinking but I wanted to know if I could do it myself.

offroadkarter
10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
i've heard about the hard shifting and yes its due to the line pressures being jacked up to the max....

i think you can adjust line pressures on an Xcal2/3... If not you could always return it to stock for a week or two

bob6364
10-13-2009, 07:33 PM
I have an xcal2 and as far as i can remember you can only increase the pressure not decrease it.....

CRUZTAKER
10-13-2009, 07:37 PM
I have no clue...but I read your thread and was pleased...and amuzed in some eclectic way. ;)

martyo
10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I have no clue...but I read your thread and was pleased...and amuzed in some eclectic way. ;)

Lulz!!!

Well after driving it home in the rain, I returned the car to stock when I got home.

I will just have the car retuned because the shift firmness is over the top and when the wife drives the car she will ***** if it shifts that hard.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
10-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Yes my DR initial tune was undriveably harsh on wet or dry. But I had him make adjustments to the line pressure mapping to make it ramp up a lot slower and be less firm overall and it was much better. If you got the tune from him, talk to him and I'm sure he will adjust it for you.

martyo
10-14-2009, 06:05 AM
Yes my DR initial tune was undriveably harsh on wet or dry. But I had him make adjustments to the line pressure mapping to make it ramp up a lot slower and be less firm overall and it was much better. If you got the tune from him, talk to him and I'm sure he will adjust it for you.

I inherited the tuner/tune with the car.

martyo
10-14-2009, 06:06 AM
I set the car back to a stock tune and my ride in this a.m. was very pleasant.

I forgot how comfy and couch like these cars can be!

RacerX
10-14-2009, 09:50 AM
You can just adjust the parameters you want with shift pressures down or up easily once the tune is in the car. With Lidio's, I have actually increased shift pressures on 1-2, 2-3 by 10% and plan on adding more. I am used to the drag strip shift kit or JMod settings though. Other settings in the tune won't be changed unless you change them.

martyo
10-14-2009, 10:10 AM
You can just adjust the parameters you want with shift pressures down or up easily once the tune is in the car. With Lidio's, I have actually increased shift pressures on 1-2, 2-3 by 10% and plan on adding more. I am used to the drag strip shift kit or JMod settings though. Other settings in the tune won't be changed unless you change them.

That is the problem -- the parameters are locked in the reinhart tune.

RacerX
10-15-2009, 06:24 AM
Ahhh... It sounded like they weren't, or he didn't know. Bummer.

ctrlraven
10-15-2009, 10:33 AM
The tuner can set the line pressure and then the user can adjust some end of it also if the options are enabled.

I know when I first got my tuner from DR the features were all locked and called him and told him I wanted a tune with the features unlocked.

It's been a common thing with his tunes being pretty firm or too firm for some people. I had gotten another tune after my DR tune and it was like night and day with the shifting, less harsh but even more smooth.

Cordoba1
10-15-2009, 11:20 AM
When I ordered my DR tune, I asked him to make it as firm as possible without any mechanical mods.. It IS very firm, and I'm very pleased. I am able to reduce the firmness with the X-Cal. When I go to seel the car, I'll likely reduce the firmess.