PDA

View Full Version : SSHS 9 10.90 Index class

Pops
10-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Ok who is running in this class? This looks like the most fun of all the classes to me. Heads up racing at its best.:banana2: Johns Stereo will be the class sponser this year. Post up if you will be running it. See you in Atlanta!

John

FordNut
10-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks a load for sponsoring this new class. Should be a fun class for fast cars to run a pro tree and not have to worry about lining up against an 8 second Impala! I'll be spectating this time.

GAMike
10-13-2009, 08:43 PM
I wish I was that fast........ Not at the expense it would take tho.... I don't dip that deep John ;) I'm hoping for middle 12's but given that my drag racing experience is the exact opposite of Paul Casey, I'll settle for no breakage vs. drawing a line in the sand and then making excuses:argue: as to why I did not get there:eek::burnout:See ya in a few weeks!

merc
10-14-2009, 10:02 AM
You might be better off with a 12.00 index class because that's middle ground for most racers attending the event.

Pops
10-14-2009, 10:08 AM
The SS guys put this class together Merc. It should be interesting to se how it plays out. Be great if you could give everyone a lesson on index racing! I remember a few posts about you and a Camaro a while back. Something about playing with him!:D

If this class works out maybe we will see some more change for next year. I know if I had a roll bar I would be mixing it up with the SS guys! I have the door handle issue fixed now!:flamer:

merc
10-14-2009, 11:00 AM
The SS guys put this class together Merc. It should be interesting to se how it plays out. Be great if you could give everyone a lesson on index racing! I remember a few posts about you and a Camaro a while back. Something about playing with him!:D

If this class works out maybe we will see some more change for next year. I know if I had a roll bar I would be mixing it up with the SS guys! I have the door handle issue fixed now!:flamer:

The door handle thing is funny and has been a long standing bad joke. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Hopefully if the weather clears I can get a couple of runs locally before the big trip down to SSHS9.

Glenn
10-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Merc:

Play "rope a dope" with the old man at SSHS9? But, I do plan on being 200# lighter, etc. I may even have "Pete" back with me.

Glenn Ford :burnout:

RatSSled
10-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey guys, what's up? Is there any interest in this 10.90 index class at SSHS9? So far there have been a handful of Chevys and a Mopar or two that have expressed interest. It should be a lot of fun and it's a class where you don't have to run under 9 seconds to be competitive. Heck, someone with a low 11 second car and good driving skills could take the win.

It's barely 2 weeks away now. It's time to get ready, put on that extra mod and then dig deep for the guts to line up against the Chebys and Slopars.

Come get some! :flamer: