PDA

View Full Version : Where To Buy The Tuner

Mac-MerC
10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Does the website/location where I buy a tuner affect the tunes that it has on it?.....
I stay right down the street from a authorized SCT dealer... should I buy the tuner from one of MM.net vendors or get it from the SCT store?.... will the same tunes b on it?.....

as you all might b able to tell I dont know the first thing about this issue, all help is appreciated

please dont chump me off

-Matt-
10-13-2009, 09:55 PM
The vendors here have real good marauder specific tunes on theirs. I think the marauder tune from SCT is kinda basic.

vkirkend
10-14-2009, 05:48 AM
contact Lidio or Reinhart for the tuner and tune. You won't regret it.

babbage
10-14-2009, 05:58 AM
If your local SCT dealer also has a dyno then buy it from him.

Otherwise I'd recommend: Blueovalchips.com and Dennis Reinhart

MM03MOK
10-14-2009, 06:02 AM
Currently, Lidio of Alternative Automotive is the only Supporting Vendor that is a tuner. Supporting Vendor Wes Chain of Innovative Interceptors is a retailer for Lidio's SCT tune and handheld tuner.

Mac-MerC
10-14-2009, 11:10 PM
the tuner on the "AA" site is the xcal 2....
would i be stupid to buy the xcal 2 when the xcal 3 is available?....

rayjay
10-15-2009, 12:04 AM

Call and talk to Lidio. He won't steer you wrong and is very, very knowledgeable. Its not so much the generation of tuner, but rather the guy that wrote the tune that matters. A dyno tune is preferable to a off the shelf. However, the Marauder is not a Mustang and can not be tuned as one. If a tuner tells you it can be, he's FOS, run, don't walk out of that shop.

Mac-MerC
10-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Call and talk to Lidio. He won't steer you wrong and is very, very knowledgeable. Its not so much the generation of tuner, but rather the guy that wrote the tune that matters. A dyno tune is preferable to a off the shelf. However, the Marauder is not a Mustang and can not be tuned as one. If a tuner tells you it can be, he's FOS, run, don't walk out of that shop.

Learn something new everyday. it was a place that modifies mustangs that sells the xcals and i believe they have a dyno there
saved my ass, appreciate it

last question.... where can i find his number?

Mac-MerC
10-15-2009, 08:03 AM
nevermind, number is on the website

offroadkarter
10-15-2009, 08:58 AM
it just hasnt been updated probably, i got my lidio Xcal3 from wes @ innovative inteceptors and have had no troubles, tune really wakes up the car....

Buy it from wes!

Oh yes, something i've been wanting to ask you, whats the story with your sig? :confused:

Mac-MerC
10-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Oh yes, something i've been wanting to ask you, whats the story with your sig? :confused:

that was my first marauder.. hit a highway median when i hit a patch of ice. only damage i had was a knot on my head, i just like to look at the picture to realize that i might not be here today. that car saved me.... thats y i went and got another one