PDA

View Full Version : The Solution to My SCT Tuning Problem: Z-A-C-K!

martyo
10-15-2009, 01:46 PM
I was able to chat with Zack about the issues I was facing because my Reinhart tune was locked and the shift line pressures were over the top.

Zack worked with me to unlock the tuner and to upload a more user friendly tune that was way better suited to my liking.

I now have a Zack inspired tune with user adjustable parameters that can be tailored to my preferences.

On my ride in this morning I got to experiment with some tweaks to the line pressure settings. I made a few more adjustments when I got to work and am really looking forward to my drive home.

If this rain ever stops, I will really be able to check out the benefits of the tune, but in the meantime the shifts are sooooooooo much better.

Thanks for the help Zack!

Even I miss seeing Zack around here.

RacerX
10-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Did you ask *ack if he wanted the mention on here? :D I know he's good... But! (Glad to hear you're happy though!)

ImpalaSlayer
10-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I was able to chat with Zack about the issues I was facing because my Reinhart tune was locked and the shift line pressures were over the top.

Zack worked with me to unlock the tuner and to upload a more user friendly tune that was way better suited to my liking.

I now have a Zack inspired tune with user adjustable parameters that can be tailored to my preferences.

On my ride in this morning I got to experiment with some tweaks to the line pressure settings. I made a few more adjustments when I got to work and am really looking forward to my drive home.

If this rain ever stops, I will really be able to check out the benefits of the tune, but in the meantime the shifts are sooooooooo much better.

Thanks for the help Zack!

Even I miss seeing Zack around here.

Zacks trans tune FTW!!! i wont drive anyone elses, they just dont compare.

martyo
10-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Did you ask *ack if he wanted the mention on here? :D I know he's good... But! (Glad to hear you're happy though!)

{Gulp!!}

You think he minds?

he has pretty thick skin, so I doubt I offended him! :flamer:

SC Cheesehead
10-15-2009, 02:10 PM
"He who shall not be named" is the man!

I've got a custom tune from him in the Bluesmobile and love it!

The guy's a heck of a gearhead and he loves Blue Moon to boot, what's not to love about a guy like that?:beer:

CRUZTAKER
10-15-2009, 02:20 PM
{Gulp!!}

You think he minds?

he has pretty thick skin, so I doubt I offended him! :flamer:

He won't mind...

And indeed, is like a reference book in the library that someone never returned.

Missing.

offroadking208
10-15-2009, 03:47 PM

Agreed, i LOVE my Zack tune. had some issues with pinging that went away after a 180* thermostat. Zack was right there answering any questions i had about it

larrys2006
10-15-2009, 08:58 PM
was this a x3? how did you unlock it, return the car to stock?

Stranger in the Black Sedan
10-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I have a custom z-tune on my 9100! old school!

NATEHAWK
10-15-2009, 09:41 PM
My tranny tune is of a Zack parameters as well. It snaps ya neck when hammered. I also die the j-mod as well.

scruff
10-15-2009, 09:53 PM
you make this Zack guy sound like GOD where is his speed shop located? I have some stuff i,d like to have checked out?

martyo
10-15-2009, 09:55 PM
was this a x3? how did you unlock it, return the car to stock?

I am no expert here, so unlock was probably the wrong choice of words.

I guess I started with a new tune.

DOOM
10-15-2009, 11:04 PM
He is the man! :bows:
His tune is on my car. :up:

rayjay
10-16-2009, 12:25 AM
I have a custom z-tune on my 9100! old school!

+1 here too :D

Dennis Reinhart
10-17-2009, 04:34 PM
I am no expert here, so unlock was probably the wrong choice of words.

I guess I started with a new tune.

I met Glenn and Scott Levine at Papadoes in Atlanta two weeks ago on my way to Seymour. I sure miss the dyno days at Team Ford.

RoyLPita
10-17-2009, 05:15 PM
One day I'll send my tuner to him to reprogram. All in due time and $$$.

offroadkarter
10-17-2009, 06:32 PM

I beg to differ, I drove Stranger ina black sedan's 03 and his zack tune made me glad i got a lidio tune :P

ImpalaSlayer
10-17-2009, 06:35 PM
I beg to differ, I drove Stranger ina black sedan's 03 and his zack tune made me glad i got a lidio tune :P

i love mine. beats any others ive had.

a_d_a_m
10-17-2009, 07:16 PM
I like my Z-tune.

SC Cheesehead
10-18-2009, 06:58 PM
you make this Zack guy sound like GOD where is his speed shop located? I have some stuff i,d like to have checked out?

Well, I don't know if I'd go that far, but he's somewhere up past archangel...;)

He's down south of Chicago, PM Motorhead 350 or justbob for more info.

Matt In Detroit
10-19-2009, 04:39 AM
Im running a Zack tune and I like it, but its definately a gas mileage killer. I dont like how 4th gear/OD doesnt drop in untill 40 mph, id like about 35-37 mph. I find im in 3rd alot. But i have to say, its always in the powerband, car is way peppy, but you pay for it in MPG.

ctrlraven
10-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Zack kept me from selling my car cause I was so done with it after an updated tune by an old vendor.

136-137k miles total on the car with just over 60k miles of that been driven on Zack's tune, car still runs like a champ and a pleasure to drive.

juno
10-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Im running a Zack tune and I like it, but its definately a gas mileage killer. I dont like how 4th gear/OD doesnt drop in untill 40 mph, id like about 35-37 mph. I find im in 3rd alot. But i have to say, its always in the powerband, car is way peppy, but you pay for it in MPG.

A lot of tunes put OD in at 55-60!!!!
BTW, you will likely get better gas mileage in 3rd up to about 50-55 mph depending on what gears you have. 4 th really lugs the motor at low RPM's.
If you have a boost/vacuum guage you can confirm this by watching your vacuum.

Joe Walsh
10-19-2009, 06:40 AM
Yep,
I've got mine tuned to lock-out OD until @ 50-51mph...seems to be perfect.
I was so tired of the OEM tune hitting OD at 35 mph and then the engine would just lug.

NATEHAWK
10-19-2009, 06:46 AM
Mine pulls like a freight train. Better now then. My dyno tune was done with Zacks tranny values.

Motorhead350
10-19-2009, 09:05 AM
We all know he is the solution to whatever our problem is no matter what. Can we just bring him back already?

Matt In Detroit
10-19-2009, 09:42 AM
I dont know when the stock tune hit O/D, but it was 35, thats way too early. I hated that o/d lugging too. I have another tune (non zack) that drops in too early also, thats why i contaced zack. I am ok with the zack tune o/d at 40 but there are times around town at almost 40 i wish the damn thing would shift already. Not like i need to be race ready all the time. And if so, i will lock out 4th with the button. Maybe id like 38 or 39 mph

o/d lockout at 50? geez, id never use 4th but on the freeway in that case.

When i load the zack tune it allows me to change parameters, is the o/d mph one that you can modify? or is that built into the tune?

flyin_hawaiin
10-20-2009, 06:41 PM
wow, zacks tune is in alot of cars but my tune is in both of zacks car LOL

RWR
10-20-2009, 11:47 PM

LOL The guy can't tune, but has sold hundreds of tunes.

hmmmm, wonder how that happened?

SC Cheesehead
10-21-2009, 05:01 AM
Believe me, "he who shall not be named" knows how to tune, I love the set-up he's got in my car.

I think he's running dyno tunes in both his cars, I know he's running some big-time HP out of both of them.

FordNut
10-21-2009, 05:21 AM

I'd imagine the tranny tune is Zack's though.

LOL The guy can't tune, but has sold hundreds of tunes.

hmmmm, wonder how that happened?

^^^ peanut gallery
You already know the answer.

flyin_hawaiin
10-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Believe me, "he who shall not be named" knows how to tune, I love the set-up he's got in my car.

I think he's running dyno tunes in both his cars, I know he's running some big-time HP out of both of them.

i tuned both his cars on MY DYNO...

flyin_hawaiin
10-21-2009, 05:39 AM
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41745

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42801

ctrlraven
10-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Zack understands the transmission parameters very well and as we all know that's where the big difference is going from stock to tuned, firmness of shifts and everything else.

I don't know about anyone else but he tweaked my tune for the engine side. Hopefully I can get these damn 4.10 gears in and take claim to the fastest least modded Zack tuned NA car lol.

SC Cheesehead
10-21-2009, 07:03 AM
i tuned both his cars on MY DYNO...

Yup, knew that. I hear you're the MAN up in the Chi-town area for MM dyno tuning. :up: