PDA

View Full Version : nitrous kit

ntd
10-17-2009, 03:30 PM
End goal is to have a Vortech kit from Dennis and a forged long block but I have a year of and extended service contract left so I need something to tide me over. I'm thinking a 75-100 hp shot with a tune for it. I would like to hear what kits people are using and how they like it.

LANDY
10-17-2009, 07:49 PM
use the search
they use nx and zex kit.
i was thinking of doimg the same but it gets epensive after a while. save up for a s/c kit or do your own like Dave. only 3 grand.

RR|Suki
10-17-2009, 07:53 PM
can do your own centri for even less... just sayin :D

ImpalaSlayer
10-17-2009, 08:11 PM
can do your own centri for even less... just sayin :D

you spent less then 2800 tuned?

Hooptie
10-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Nope he has the one and only Marauder VT (http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/tuners/112_0309_2003_mercury_marauder _vt/index.html)

RR|Suki
10-17-2009, 08:22 PM

me no, my blower be new. You can build a non intercooled centri for probly 1500, found all the parts for a guy with an NA cobra a few months back. Used head unit, bracket off superchargers.com, they have the charge pipe too. No one's ventured to do it though on a Marauder, don't know why.

Heck on one of the local muscle sites there was a head unit, bracket and charge pipe for $1000

ImpalaSlayer
10-17-2009, 08:25 PM
me no, my blower be new. You can build a non intercooled centri for probly 1500, found all the parts for a guy with an NA cobra a few months back. Used head unit, bracket off superchargers.com, they have the charge pipe too. No one's ventured to do it though on a Marauder, don't know why.

ahh ok. plus you forgot to mention you 10k motor your blower is feeding LOL. yeah not sure why no one has done it either. would be EASYER then the eaton swap.

RR|Suki
10-17-2009, 08:28 PM
ahh ok. plus you forgot to mention you 10k motor your blower is feeding LOL. yeah not sure why no one has done it either. would be EASYER then the eaton swap.

I didn't mention my car in the first place :D

ImpalaSlayer
10-17-2009, 08:30 PM
anyway back to nitrous!!!!!

LANDY
10-17-2009, 10:05 PM
I didn't mention my car in the first place :D
:argue: ................. funny
EATON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK.

LANDY
10-17-2009, 10:06 PM
oh yeah. forgot, back to nitruos lol

RR|Suki
10-17-2009, 10:10 PM
:argue: ................. funny
EATON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK.
huh? :confused:

End goal is to have a Vortech kit from Dennis and a forged long block but I have a year of and extended service contract left so I need something to tide me over. I'm thinking a 75-100 hp shot with a tune for it. I would like to hear what kits people are using and how they like it.

I hear tell that there may still be someone on mototorcity looking to sell a kit :beer:

-Matt-
10-17-2009, 10:57 PM

Im real close to that :cool:

ntd
10-18-2009, 07:39 AM
use the search
they use nx and zex kit.
i was thinking of doimg the same but it gets epensive after a while. save up for a s/c kit or do your own like Dave. only 3 grand.

Oh yea the search feature how does that work:shake:. I have looked but there was no recent activity about nitrous use. So I was looking to hear from people that have it how there liking it. I'm not looking to start a war but I have made up my mind on a centrifugal (be it from Dennis or I piece on together myself) while the Eaton and Magnuson m112 are great units after about 550hp mark you have to hit them with nitrous or meth kit to keep the iat down.

blazen71
10-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Fairlane347 runs a Zex kit on a 5.0 forged engine. PM him!

ntd
10-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Fairlane347 runs a Zex kit on a 5.0 forged engine. PM him!
cool thanks

ImpalaSlayer
10-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Oh yea the search feature how does that work:shake:. I have looked but there was no recent activity about nitrous use. So I was looking to hear from people that have it how there liking it. I'm not looking to start a war but I have made up my mind on a centrifugal (be it from Dennis or I piece on together myself) while the Eaton and Magnuson m112 are great units after about 550hp mark you have to hit them with nitrous or meth kit to keep the iat down.

thats when you pull the baby eaton off and swap a wipple on that bad boy. the future looks good :cool:

ntd
10-18-2009, 09:00 AM
There is more than on way to skin a Chevy. You could also remove the v2 and slap on a YSI. With the Whipple do you get to keep your wipers?

ImpalaSlayer
10-18-2009, 09:04 AM
There is more than on way to skin a Chevy. You could also remove the v2 and slap on a YSI. With the Whipple do you get to keep your wipers?

my car will always have wipers.

RacerX
11-09-2009, 02:24 PM
my car will always have wipers.
You didn't superglue them to the windshield did you? :eek: I think I did that to a Mercedes when I was a rotton teenager.:D

Blown3.8
11-09-2009, 03:24 PM
I like the ZEX kits. You can usually pick em up cheap on the mustang forums. The feed line is long enough on the universal kits. Would be a good idea to get a window switch with it incase something happens to the tires not getting traction or whatever, you don't blow your motor too. I recommend the zex window with the zex wet kit.

ntd
11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I like the ZEX kits. You can usually pick em up cheap on the mustang forums. The feed line is long enough on the universal kits. Would be a good idea to get a window switch with it incase something happens to the tires not getting traction or whatever, you don't blow your motor too. I recommend the zex window with the zex wet kit.

Thanks for the reply, just to pick your brain some why zex over nx? If I do it most certainly a window switch and low fuel pressure switch

Pat
11-09-2009, 04:44 PM

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/21/Dsc01406.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/21/DSC01758_117203.JPG

I had that and loved it. Cut very low 13's on stock tires with 4:10's, and a regular Lideo tune.

Cost was with a group buy a few years back, less than $500.00. My son did the install.
The arming switch is located in the drivers door, the blank slot for the remote fuel door, not used on the 04's.

PM me if you want more info.

Regards,

Blown3.8
11-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I just like how its all in one box. Clean install. Easy hookup to TP sensor. Guess the only real bad thing is if one of the solenoids goes bad you can't just replace it. But I've never opened the box to see whats inside.