PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone drag car

Hack Goby
10-22-2009, 05:28 AM
Found this,Truely a rare drag car.http://www.stangtv.com/forum/mercury-cyclone-drag-car-survivor-5987.html

Pops
10-22-2009, 05:47 AM
This is a cool car Paul! It was up on one ot the other forums.

SC Cheesehead
10-22-2009, 06:39 AM
"This is a real survivor - a toss-back to the days of yore - and proof that they just don’t build cars like they used to..."

Amen to that! I've always thought the 68 Cyclone was a better looking car than the Torino GT, and this one looks great!

Joe Walsh
10-22-2009, 07:49 AM
I saw that on another thread's link....what a sweet car!

I love the original paint & hand lettering/graphics!!!
How many 40 year old drag cars survive with all their original mechanicals and paint???

I'd guess.....ONE!

428CJs were tough engines...:bows:

I know that it can be done much better now, but 'Old school' is great...Big cars with big cube big blocks and big thumper cams.

SC Cheesehead
10-22-2009, 08:44 AM
I saw that on another thread's link....what a sweet car!

I love the original paint & hand lettering/graphics!!!
How many 40 year old drag cars survive with all their original mechanicals and paint???

I'd guess.....ONE!

428CJs were tough engines...:bows:

I know that it can be done much better now, but 'Old school' is great...Big cars with big cube big blocks and big thumper cams.

Big +1 Joe. IMO, there's still no substitute for cubic inches and gobs of torque, old school rules!

FastMerc
10-22-2009, 04:42 PM
That car is worth some money........

jerrym3
10-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Car looks like a 68 but has a 69 grille.

No matter; beautiful car.

Makes me miss my 68 Cyclone GT even more. I have an old picture of her in my computer's picture file, but the system will not let me send the photo as an attachment.