PDA

View Full Version : error code

B.C. Bake
10-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi, anybody know when your air bag light on the dash blinks four times and pauses and threetimes and stops, then does it again until it stays on. Hint for me, I let the battery go down because I had the dome light on.

FordNut
10-23-2009, 06:49 PM
When I swapped seats mine did that. I had to switch the occupant sensor and it was all ok. Check all the connectors under the seats really well, maybe unplug and re-connect them. Otherwise, you may have to take it to a dealer so they can connect their computer to it and possibly re-calibrate the airbag module.

B.C. Bake
10-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks, I think it had something to do with the battery going dead? Then I put a charger on it and for some reason "poof" the air bag started flashing 4 and 3, I now it means something but what? I guess time to buy a hand held diagnostic unit. Anybody have any suggestions? :confused:

FordNut
10-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Hand held won't help. Airbag codes can only be read by the dealer's unit.

B.C. Bake
10-24-2009, 06:46 AM
OK, Darn it,s off to the dealer then. Question? I have to drive it today about 700.00 miles, think that will be any problem? Think the air bags will work? "Not that I want to try them out or anything ":confused:

FordNut
10-24-2009, 07:02 AM
probably not.

B.C. Bake
10-24-2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks! I'm outta here. Off to Page AZ "Lake Powell";)

SpartaPerformance
10-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Error code LFC 43 is:

Restraint system- Impact sensor status. Driver side impact sensor circuit fault

B.C. Bake
10-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Error code LFC 43 is:

Good info! I"m not sure what caused all this, but I still think it's a glitch when the battery fried. When I get home "new battery". Bummer I have to go to the dealer to fix it. I tried the usual disconnect neg bat cable for a while and reconnect but no good. Oh well?:confused:

BobC
10-25-2009, 04:45 AM
Hi, anybody know when your air bag light on the dash blinks four times and pauses and threetimes and stops, then does it again until it stays on. Hint for me, I let the battery go down because I had the dome light on.

Mine does similar except it's the reverse: blinks 3x then 4x, 3 times, then stays on. ??????

FordNut
10-25-2009, 07:40 AM
I've had my battery go dead many times and never had any issues. Except having to re-program stuff that loses its memory.

B.C. Bake
10-25-2009, 08:42 AM
I've had my battery go dead many times and never had any issues. Except having to re-program stuff that loses its memory.

Same here, bead bat a couple of times no issues? Again, probably just a fluky thing, I'll get to the bottom of this when I get home.:rolleyes:

BobC
10-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Error code LFC 43 is:

Using your note about the LFC 43, I guessed that my code is LFC 34 and looked this up:

Pinpoint Test H: LFC 34/DTC B1934 — Driver Side Air Bag Module Circuit Low Resistance.

If this correct, anybody know of a fix? I'm completely useless with electrics.:help:

B.C. Bake
11-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Hay got a question? The dealer reset my air bag light flashing, and was impact sensor driver side 265.00 dollars. :mad2:Then said I needed to replace the sensor 152.50 more dollars, but after 52 miles of driving "no light" shouldn't it of come back on by now?:help:

Glenn
11-17-2009, 10:56 AM
I would pull your front seat out, turn it over and check all the wiring under it. You may have gotten the air bag wires caught when the seat was moved and the wire pulled out of its pin connector or something was jammed under the front seat and pulled the wire.

Glenn