PDA

View Full Version : Not to Take Away from Hack's Video.....

martyo
10-26-2009, 07:16 PM
But this will be dragging the other cars down the track...

http://www.legalknevil.com/Marauder/MVI_0079

http://www.legalknevil.com/Marauder/MVI_0080

merc
10-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Is that a MSD ignition box I see near the head light? You don't scare me much. Unlike others I will bring my case of diet mountain dew to the track. For the record I like Brisk Ice tea.

martyo
10-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Is that a MSD ignition box I see near the head light? You don't scare me much. Unlike others I will bring my case of diet mountain dew to the track. For the record I like Brisk Ice tea.

Nope.

Hack Goby
10-27-2009, 05:10 AM
But this will be dragging the other cars down the track...

http://www.legalknevil.com/Marauder/MVI_0079

http://www.legalknevil.com/Marauder/MVI_0080

Looks good Marty.Im looking forward to taking lots of pictures of "Mo`s Speed Shop"

Pops
10-27-2009, 05:29 AM
That is quite the blower you have Marty!:drool:

SC Cheesehead
10-27-2009, 05:35 AM
I am SO looking forward to seeing Marty's car run!

martyo
10-27-2009, 06:08 AM
Testing scheduled for 11/1

We will be @ Steele, Alabama!

Pops
10-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Will this be a top secret test Marty? :director:Its time for someone to get that ever elusive 9 second pass!;)

martyo
10-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Will this be a top secret test Marty? :director:Its time for someone to get that ever elusive 9 second pass!;)

Nope, no secrets here.

Alabama International Dragway
Sunday November 1, 2009 @ 1:00 p.m. local time.

I hate to jinx us, but we should run better than a 9.90.

I could hardly sleep last night after cranking the car. It just sounds nasty.

When we ran the 10.21 pass in August the DA was high (it was 95*), the transbrake was not working (we knew this), the converter had not yet been tested, and the motor was hurt badly -- we just did not know it.

The motor is now completely fresh, the cams are a new grind, the converter has been restalled (up about 1,000 rpm), we have replaced the nitrous solenoids -- they were acting quirky last time), and we are throwing some more boost at it.

If all else fails, we will pill it to kill it!

That farm boy from Iowa with that odd color blue car with the stuff growing out of the hood ain't gonna know what hit him! :D

Pops
10-27-2009, 06:32 AM
So is the snail looking thing really a corn shucker!!!:pumpkin:

ckadiddle
10-27-2009, 06:33 AM
I like the rear tires Marty. Bet you had to use a mighty big shoehorn to get them in there. ;-)

martyo
10-27-2009, 06:36 AM
I like the rear tires Marty. Bet you had to use a mighty big shoehorn to get them in there. ;-)

That right there is a trade secret and, unfortunately, a bunch of cash. We had the wheel bead locked because we were spinning the tires on the rims.

I worked with Rich Bogart personally at Bogart Wheels to get these done. Great guy, great product!

justbob
10-27-2009, 09:37 AM
That car looks NASTY Marty!

ckadiddle
10-27-2009, 02:50 PM
[quote=martyo;822247]........ We had the wheel bead locked because we were spinning the tires on the rims.......

quote]

:eek: Uh, Yikes! That there is some horsepower.

Marty's KungFu is mighty. :bows:

Donny Carlson
10-27-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm coming over for Caffiene and Octane, Marty, so I'll head over to Steele once it's over to watch and provide moral support.

If you can make it out again, I realise you'll leave early to go get ready for the track. And drive the "new" Marauder!

martyo
10-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm coming over for Caffiene and Octane, Marty, so I'll head over to Steele once it's over to watch and provide moral support.

If you can make it out again, I realise you'll leave early to go get ready for the track. And drive the "new" Marauder!

Donny, I posted in the other thread. C&O will be a stretch for me.

Your moral support would be welcomed and appreciated!!!!!!

Donny Carlson
10-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Donny, I posted in the other thread. C&O will be a stretch for me.

Your moral support would be welcomed and appreciated!!!!!!

Don't worry about C&O, my friend. I completely understand the situation. I will come by Steele on the way back to Alabama to see your car run, and get in a few passes myself ;)

Paul T. Casey
10-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Some ifs here. If I get the day off, if I get some fueling issues squared away early, if I don't get too worn down by the beatings at work, if I can get my lazy butt out of bed prior to 9am Sunday, I would really enjoy watching the SPLK blister the autumn air in 'Bama.

martyo
10-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Some ifs here. If I get the day off, if I get some fueling issues squared away early, if I don't get too worn down by the beatings at work, if I can get my lazy butt out of bed prior to 9am Sunday, I would really enjoy watching the SPLK blister the autumn air in 'Bama.

Paul, you are talking like an old man!!!

Come along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!