PDA

View Full Version : chip reflash

the fat bastid
10-26-2003, 08:40 AM
dennis,
i may be getting a chip from a friend for a sweet deal. It orginaly came from you however its for a different software revision then mine. how much is it to reflash it, if possible? please drop me a pm, i tried sending you one but it says you are full.

JET
10-29-2003, 08:20 PM
Great response to post.

RF Overlord
10-30-2003, 08:44 AM
Gavin:

Just call Dennis...he's sometimes too busy cooking up all his goodies to look at the board, especially with his new shop and dyno just being built...

mtnh
10-31-2003, 08:31 AM
I don't know if you called yet, fb, but it would seem to me that Dennis would have no point in re-doing your chip without basically charging you pretty much full price. The chip price is pretty negligible, the programming is where the dollars go. That said, you may just need to re-sell that chip to someone that can use it, and buy one set up for your car from Dennis. What is the setup on that chip? gears, etc, underdrives, bmd0?

Mike

ik04
11-04-2003, 10:05 PM
Dennis will probably reflash the chip at no cost other than shipping.

The money to be made is in parts and services and Dennis flashes for free. ;<)

Bigdogjim
11-04-2003, 10:13 PM
I do belive I read that Dennis is in Vegas for the show.

HookedOnCV
11-05-2003, 01:58 PM
I do believe that Dennis does charge for a re-flash - especially if you aren't the original chip owner. I have a DR chip that I was going to sell, and I asked Dennis how much it was going to be for a future owner to have the chip re-flashed. I won't quote a price, but it was more than $100 but less than the cost of a new chip from him.

Just give him a call to find out for sure what he is willing to do. He does a great job servicing existing customers, but isn't going to give that service away to new customers. It does take time to burn the chip, re-package it, and send it out again. I wouldn't do it for free unless it was something I screwed up on...then I would make it right with the customer, just like Dennis has done in the past.

Todd

mungce
11-07-2003, 09:30 AM
My dealer " flased my D.Reinhart chip" and after a call to Dennis, he said to send ot to him and he would have it repaired. Best tech support around - period !!

Jim W Williams

martyo
11-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by HookedOnCV
He does a great job servicing existing customers, but isn't going to give that service away to new customers. It does take time to burn the chip, re-package it, and send it out again.

Keep in mind that there is (very significant) value in his intellectual property. It's the same reason why software costs more than the discs it is written on.