PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy pulley down

Bradley G
11-02-2009, 06:11 AM
I just got a taste of a "One off" twelve second run, my last time out @ Union Grove Drag away.
The amount of attention I got was remarkable, guys swarming my Marauder, asking to see under the hood after the run.
I had ordered a 2.8" silver anodized pulley a week before MV VII and now I'm in the process of gathering the supportive mods to make my new tune as safe as possible.
I am staying with the Marauder air box but I'm open to the notion of upgrading the fuel pump(MUST), injectors and the Mass air flow sensor.
I have a recycled Ex-Cal-II Thanks Mr Johnson!, to replace the original chip.
I still need a laptop to data log both (Panther)cars and was curious to learn, if and what other mods you guys did to support the bigger demand.

UncleLar
11-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Zack tune.......................... .....
Nov.8?

offroadkarter
11-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Zack tune.......................... .....
Nov.8?

He said he wants his car to be safe, not sound like a powerstroke

NATEHAWK
11-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Well I went with bigger fuel filter, GT 40 fuel pump, 60lb injectors, and kept the factory mass air flow and added the diablo MAFia mass air extender..Also Blown 3.8 re wired the FPDM going to the boost a pump so It will have max voltage at all times instead of it having to increase as the boost increase. My tuner went over my tune carefully and has the air fuel dead on looking at my dyno chart. He also said I have alot a room to grow with my setup the way it is. It drinks gas when I WOT but im pretty sure I wont have to worry about leaning out. And im running a 3.0 pulley, I would go 2.8 without a forged block IMHO. Also whats your current RWHP and TQ and what are you trying to make and if you drag race what are you looking to run in the 1/4 that will help to let you know what you need to add and what you dont need to add...

ImpalaSlayer
11-03-2009, 04:11 PM
my BAP is wired to run all the time and i didnt touch the fpdm. all you have to do is connect 2 of the wires off the BAP. screw that factory trilogy way.

NATEHAWK
11-03-2009, 04:14 PM
my BAP is wired to run all the time and i didnt touch the fpdm. all you have to do is connect 2 of the wires off the BAP. screw that factory trilogy way.

Did you run a thicker gauge wire from the battery? If not you should for more current and put a inline fuse on it

ImpalaSlayer
11-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Did you run a thicker gauge wire from the battery? If not you should for more current and put a inline fuse on it

no i havent done that yet. i needed "good enough for now" if you know what i mean. hada make it to OC wich turned out to be a huge waste of time! gotta wrap up a few loose ends anyway back to the pully!

O's Fan Rich
11-03-2009, 04:19 PM
no i havent done that yet. i needed "good enough for now" if you know what i mean. hada make it to OC wich turned out to be a huge waste of time! gotta wrap up a few loose ends anyway back to the pully!

I appreciated you seeing me Dave, even if you didn't bring me my timing cover!

I'm in the process of upping the boost also.....

ImpalaSlayer
11-03-2009, 04:26 PM

BALLS!! i totally forgot again! pm me your address.

NATEHAWK
11-03-2009, 04:29 PM

Doom is waiting on you Rich....Damn boost addicts :lol:

Bradley G
11-12-2009, 09:24 PM
I have dynoed as high as 399 with a JLT on the stock T tune, but was 370-380 with the factory airbox.
I don't have a certain number of RWHP in mind, I just want to have the car dialed in with a retune of the transmission .
I have considered the J mod for firmer shifts too.
I guess mid twelves would be my goal.

Well I went with bigger fuel filter, GT 40 fuel pump, 60lb injectors, and kept the factory mass air flow and added the diablo MAFia mass air extender..Also Blown 3.8 re wired the FPDM going to the boost a pump so It will have max voltage at all times instead of it having to increase as the boost increase. My tuner went over my tune carefully and has the air fuel dead on looking at my dyno chart. He also said I have alot a room to grow with my setup the way it is. It drinks gas when I WOT but im pretty sure I wont have to worry about leaning out. And im running a 3.0 pulley, I would go 2.8 without a forged block IMHO. Also whats your current RWHP and TQ and what are you trying to make and if you drag race what are you looking to run in the 1/4 that will help to let you know what you need to add and what you dont need to add...

Marauderjack
11-13-2009, 07:06 AM
I have dynoed as high as 399 with a JLT on the stock T tune, but was 370-380 with the factory airbox.
I don't have a certain number of RWHP in mind, I just want to have the car dialed in with a retune of the transmission .
I have considered the J mod for firmer shifts too.
I guess mid twelves would be my goal.

I have a spare OEM separator plate and gaskets if you don't like the J-Mod!!:cool: