PDA

View Full Version : Nice stroke of luck for Carlisle next year for me

LeoVampire
11-03-2009, 11:32 AM
I met a guy on line the other day that live's in the next town over. He has a 2007 Kenny Bell GT Mustang as well as a few other car's he bring's to car shows in CT.

BTW here is a link for some info about the Kenny Bell car and super charger:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0808phr_2005_2007_ford_mustang _gt/index.html

Anyways he invited me to his house last night to check out the car's and talk to me about my doing some work on his car's as well as a few of his friends that also have mustangs.

He and his friends are interested in using me as their mechanic on the car's. Beside's paying me they also offered to let me go with them to Carlisle next year their treat so I can be with the other Marauder owners that go. He was going on about how impressed he was with the Marauder turn out and said I should be there with everyone else.

He loved my Mistress but was pissed at how good she sounded compaired to his Mustang, jokeingly of course on the pissed part though. He could not believe I still had stock mufflers and resinator tail pipe's on the car.

So he has some new rear suspension part's he want's put on and he is going to buy headers after hearing the difference they have made on my Marauder.

Plus he has one of those covertable hard top Mercedes that needs a radiator and a 1930's Chevy with a flat top V8 that needs the lifters changed out.

So between the work he is offering me so I can get more stuff for the Mistress that I wanted to do for next years show season and the trip to Carlisle on him I would say that is about the best stroke of luck I have had in a lot of years since buying my Mistress.

One chance meeting got me work for the winter in his heated garage, money to buy stuff for the Marauder I have been wanting, and a free trip to Carlisle.

Thought I would share my good fortune with you all and say it looks like I will finaly make it there for the first time ever to line up another Marauder for the show with you good people.

:)

GordonB
11-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Congrats oon your good fortune! Sometimes we meet the darnest people in the crazyiest places and someting good comes of it after all!
GordonB

Ms. Denmark
11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
That's GREAT! Looking forward to seeing you at Carlisle! Let's hear it for your Mistress. :cheer: (Reminds me of Mr. Man's favorite holiday song.....I Want A Mistress For Christmas AC/DC LOL:D )

TAKEDOWN
11-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Nice story, now can I borrow some of your luck? It amazes me how cars bring people together, well at least the ones that are car crazy!

ImpalaSlayer
11-03-2009, 05:58 PM
nice man. hope to meet you this year!

Stormin
11-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Hope to be there again next year!!!

Bluerauder
11-04-2009, 05:33 AM
See you at Carlisle !!!! :up:

SMOKE
11-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Well done! Can't wait to see you there!

Jonathan

LeoVampire
11-04-2009, 11:03 AM
He saw a picture of me with the Marauder on a web site where I had a profile and decieded to say hello seeing He lived in the next town over.

He had remembered the Marauders @ Carlisle and wanted to see if I was one of the people that go there.

Then when he found out that I was a retired Mechanic and did all of my own work on the Mistress it just got the ball rolling along. So far he told 4 guy's that go with him to Carlisle because he knew they all needed or wanted work done to their car's.

None of them are very mechanicly inclined and are always paying shop's to work on the car's for them. So they figured why not give the work to a fellow Car guy and Ford lover like they all are.

I took the Kenny Bell mustang out for a ride with Dave yesterday it was impressive to say the least but man it needs some stuff done to make it a better car. The first thing I noticed is the noise you can hear the tires and the car sounded like a tin can in comparison to ours. You would have to crank the radio to drown it all out. The exhaust and motor were so quiet in comparison to my Marauder even when punching it. But the tires he has and how sound was transmited through out the car from road noise and what not made it so hard to track things down it just was not funny.

Has a clunking in the rear when you hit bumps at slow speeds that I have to track down plus both the front and rear tires are vibrating at differnt speeds on the high way. It has an automatic in it and when you switch between gears forward to rear there is a clunking noise. So I have some things to trackdown this weekend for it. Plus when they did the lowering work on it and added the 20 inch wheels they didn't do the alighnment right you can see the camber is off in the tire wear already.

I was shocked to see that he had 3.33 rear end gears in it though kind of unusual for a GT mustang if you ask me. But he does average around 18 MPG in the city with the 5 speed automatic and about 25 MPG on the highway. At least that is what the dash display was saying on the test drive I did with him letting me drive it. He had the dyno tune sheet and it showed 10 pounds of boost average with the Kenny Bell Super charger and 438 RWHP average and it definatly showed in the test drive.

In the mean time he ordered the new radiator for the 1982 Sport Mercedes after I drained it out to look inside of it because half of the core looks like it is cloged solid and I know you can never boil all of that out to make it flow right again.

Then after words I let him drive the Marauder and he was like OMG I could take a trip to Florida with this and never feel like I need a break driving. Then after the Mistress was warmed up I told him to punch it when we were on the highway doing 65 and when he got planted in the seat his eye's lit up like a kid waking up to present's under the christmas tree.
It was the last thing he expected from a car that big without a super charger on it.

His first comment was well you can hear this one comming when you get on it that is for damm sure. The it was and I thought the Mustang was fun to drive!

The first thing he asked is if I knew about any of these Marauders for sale near by. :lol:

Anyways all looks good and seems lagit as for work and his interest in our going to Carlisle so I have something cool to look forward to next year being in the line up of fellow Marauders there.