PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Time for a few SSHS9 Thoughts

Paul T. Casey
11-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Been way too busy at work lately, so now a week later, I can get a few moments about the Shootout.

It was pretty awesome watching Marty's car run. Thing looks, sounds and feels dangerous. A very cool car. Congrats to the new Big Dog Champ. Someone, I forget who, was remarking about Marty walking in the staging lanes in one of the other threads. Thing I noticed about this was he walked a little more purposely this year. With a little more pride too. It's a pride well deserved my friend. You've certianally earned it the hard way through the years.

The CAM guys sure did us proud again too. They were about the only ones who really showed up to race (myself included). Just goes to show everyone the importance of track time prior to a big event. The reason they (Marc et. al.) get so deep in the ladders is they spend the time at their local tracks. My thanks to them for representing, despite less than favorable pre race circumstances.

The volunteers, workers, and everyone else who made this happen, well thanks. As always, this is the best event of the year to me.

To the racers of the "other" manufacturers, good showing, and thanks for being such a classy bunch. I've been seeing Mr. Roswell, Mr Keene, Mr. Bishop, Mr Gish, Mr. Troup, etc for a lot of years now, and you gentlemen are the definition of class. Thanks for coming, and please do return.

Speaking of awesome, Mr. Gish ran his dial in the late rounds. Now this isn't an easy feat using just one of the pedals, but he did it with 2. I was thouroughly impressed.

I was out of the competiton pretty early this year, had some car and driver problems. Things worked out pretty well in the end for me though, as I got to drive some pretty nice cars. Drove Gary's car once, pretty nice Trilogy ride, albeit I didn't quite get a good run out of it (driver error, not the car). Hate it that it broke at the end of the day, wish you well in getting it back soon.

Awesome Ride Reviews:

Got two of the most pleasurable rides of my life at the SSHS9. First, I had the opportunity to drive Todd Fisher's car down the track. Todd is a good friend of mine, and has worked very hard for a very long time to make one of the most special Marauders out there. His car is the very definition of what a sport luxury sedan should be. Run's mid 12's, stops on a dime, pulls like nothing else, feels like you could turn it off to the return road at full speed, all at highway tire pressure with a full tank of gas. What a beautiful ride he has, and quite frankly, he deserves it. Awesome.

Next, I had the chance to take the T-Bolt down the 1/4. Full on, flat out race car at its finest. Ran a lowish 12 granny shifting. Turned the 1/4 into at least 3/8. What a blast. Been a long time since I drove a 4 speed racing. I can't think of anything so cool as my pass in this car in a very long time. It slid left and right on every shift, but pulled back straight if you kept your foot in it. Sounds like angels singing at full throttle. Made me smile so wide I tasted my earlobes. All I can say is THANKS John.

I can hardly wait for next year, but before then, anyone around on the 21st of November, get to Draggin For Toys.

LANDY
11-13-2009, 07:50 PM
it was a good show indeed. it was nice to meet all of you guys, including you Paul.
next year is going to be a blast.

Pops
11-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Paul it was my pleasure to have you drive the Bolt! It was fun watching you. I do not get to see it run first hand. My grin was as big as yours! Now about that reaction time that you beat me with when I thought I had you with my .04 light! You as usual reached down and pulled out and treed me with your .02!

The entire event was great and is like a dream now. I will be back next year and plan on the GM being the race car. Another big thank you to all who worked on SSHS9!