PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Zack Trans Tune

dohc324ci
11-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey all, just wondering if there are folks here who had both a "mail order tune" and Zack Tune. I am going to use Zacks Trans tune for running on the BB/S and wanted some feedback on his tune versus the other mail order tuners.
Cheers!

ctrlraven
11-14-2009, 01:08 AM
I've had DR's before and wasn't happy. Been running Zack's tunes for over 2 years now and mine has been daily driven, still very happy even with a 3500 stall and stock 3.55 gears for right now. I have his 4.10 gear tune just waiting to go on once I have the 4,10 gears installed.

Blackened300a
11-14-2009, 07:48 AM
I hated the trans tune in my car from Zack. I've since went back to my original tune. Perhaps he improved his methods since then.

Ms. Denmark
11-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Can only comment on Zack's tune vs stock. Zack corrected all the problems I had with the stock shift points. It has made a night and day difference in the performance of my car. For me, Zacks tune is the best thing to happen to my car so far. I'll be putting in 4:10s soon and will be putting in his 4:10 tune.

SC Cheesehead
11-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Can't speak to a Lidio vs. Zack tune, but I did run DR's 4:10 tune for a while and am now running Zack's. He did some tweaking on it while we were up in KY last spring and I absolutely love it. :2thumbs:

NATEHAWK
11-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Well I can comment. I have had a regular mail order tune and a dyno tune from Lidio. Now I have a dyno tune from a local tuner and he uses Zacks tranny values for the shift schedule and I'm going with Zack all day because I have performance in mind and my 1-2 shift BARKS THE TIRES PERFECT AT THE TRACK. Lidio leaves alot on the table for over kill safety. So if your looking for a N/A tune go with Zack.

dohc324ci
11-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Well I can comment. I have had a regular mail order tune and a dyno tune from Lidio. Now I have a dyno tune from a local tuner and he uses Zacks tranny values for the shift schedule and I'm going with Zack all day because I have performance in mind and my 1-2 shift BARKS THE TIRES PERFECT AT THE TRACK. Lidio leaves alot on the table for over kill safety. So if your looking for a N/A tune go with Zack.

Thanks Nate...1-2 shifts barks via NA or with your PA? When does lockup occur?

:beer:

SC Cheesehead
11-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks Nate...1-2 shifts barks via NA or with your PA? When does lockup occur?

:beer:

Same with mine, very solid shift at 1-2 WOT with a pronounced bark. N/A

dohc324ci
11-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Same with mine, very solid shift at 1-2 WOT with a pronounced bark. N/A

Very nice, the other mail order tune I had never did that. Is it a harsh slam like other have reported on the DR tune?

NATEHAWK
11-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Either way Zack will adjust it to your liking.

SC Cheesehead
11-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Very nice, the other mail order tune I had never did that. Is it a harsh slam like other have reported on the DR tune?

Either way Zack will adjust it to your liking.

^^^^^ what Nate said ^^^^^.

I happen to like a very firm shift, so that's what Zack gave me, but he can adjust pressures so you still get an improved shift schedule without the "slam."

musclemerc
11-14-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm running Zack's tune and I love it! Under WOT the car shifts like a stick... I get a good rip from 1~2 WOT and a little loss intraction from 2~3 WOT. I did however change the 1~2 low rpm shift 10% softer for regular driving conditions so I still have a comfortable ride when i'm not at full WOT. All perameters within his tune are able to be changed by the user unlike others.

dohc324ci
11-14-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm running Zack's tune and I love it! Under WOT the car shifts like a stick... I get a good rip from 1~2 WOT and a little loss intraction from 2~3 WOT. I did however change the 1~2 shift 10% softer for regular driving conditions so I still have a comfortable ride. All peramiters within his tune are able to be changed by the user unlike others.

Exactly what I needed to hear!

ImpalaSlayer
11-14-2009, 02:31 PM
c'mon now, i wouldnt have put you intouch with him if it was junk ;)

imorb1994
11-14-2009, 02:33 PM
I had a DR tune and was a complete waste of money. The car seriously felt the same as stock. Hell maybe he sent me a stock tune IDK. Have been running Zack's tune for about 9 months now and love it. The only complaint I have is ther car is way to fun to drive now and and the cold morning roads can leave for a fun time sometimes:drive:

guspech750
11-14-2009, 04:47 PM
All I can say is .......All bow to the mighty ":bows:Zack:bows:"!!

My only drawback is that the car is WAY TO MUCH FUN to drive now. It is harder than ever not to drive it:D

dohc324ci
11-14-2009, 05:34 PM
c'mon now, i wouldnt have put you intouch with him if it was junk ;)

This thread is for Zack too;) Like I said I will use the his trans tune and Zack even gave me a "special" super duper tune LOL. Just wanted trans shifting characteristics...

Cheers!

Georges93LX
11-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I have Zacks tune also and I love it.

offroadkarter
11-15-2009, 03:57 PM
I like my lidio setup over the zack setup....

Why?

Well, My 1/4th throttle shifts dont need to be more neck snapping than my WOT shifts....

Mr. Man
11-15-2009, 04:38 PM

Why?:dunno:

Well, My 1/4th throttle shifts dont need to be more neck snapping than my WOT shifts....:bs:

Like you've ever gone faster than 50MPH:flamer::D

a_d_a_m
11-15-2009, 04:51 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOoOoOoO!

DTUB
11-15-2009, 05:04 PM
This thread is for Zack too;) Like I said I will use the his trans tune and Zack even gave me a "special" super duper tune LOL. Just wanted trans shifting characteristics...

Cheers!
How can you get a tune from Zack if your using an X3 from Lidio? I"ve been emailing him for the past hour and he says he can"t do anything with my X3 from Lidio because SCT shut him down. He needs a 2.

offroadkarter
11-15-2009, 05:47 PM
:bs:

Like you've ever gone faster than 50MPH:flamer::D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2xsdv208fw
Y2xsdv208fw

Of course not....:hide:

musclemerc
11-15-2009, 05:49 PM

Why?

Well, My 1/4th throttle shifts dont need to be more neck snapping than my WOT shifts....
This can easily be fixed within the tune by the end user. I backed the pressure down 10~20% for 1/4 throttle and problem fixed. ;)

offroadkarter
11-15-2009, 05:51 PM
How can you get a tune from Zack if your using an X3 from Lidio? I"ve been emailing him for the past hour and he says he can"t do anything with my X3 from Lidio because SCT shut him down. He needs a 2.

it was probably before SCT canned his ass

offroadkarter
11-15-2009, 05:52 PM
This can easily be fixed within the tune by the end user. I backed the pressure down 10~20% for 1/4 throttle and problem fixed. ;)

this was the 7th tune from zack, and it was doing this... Why should the user have to fix the "miracle" tune? isnt it supposed to be perfect?

SC Cheesehead
11-15-2009, 06:03 PM
this was the 7th tune from zack, and it was doing this... Why should the user have to fix the "miracle" tune? isnt it supposed to be perfect?

I think you miss the point. You have the capability to tweak your Zack tune to suit your personal preferences, somthing you typically can't do with locked tunes from other vendors.

dohc324ci
11-15-2009, 08:53 PM

He sent me the file that my tuner can see....copy and paste.

DTUB
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
He sent me the file that my tuner can see....copy and paste.
Okay that makes sense now. Zack said he might be able to get his software working in a few weeks so I'll try again later.

Glockafella
11-15-2009, 10:13 PM
MAN!, If Zacks shifts are firmer than Lidios, I don't know if I could handle it. I havehad my Lidio Tune 1-2 shift turn me sideways on an on ramp with cold tires. I am scared to death of the first shift if conditons are not ideal...

ChiTownMaraud3r
11-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Love the Zack tune! And so does the car!

offroadking208
11-16-2009, 01:18 AM
MAN!, If Zacks shifts are firmer than Lidios, I don't know if I could handle it. I havehad my Lidio Tune 1-2 shift turn me sideways on an on ramp with cold tires. I am scared to death of the first shift if conditons are not ideal...

Haha, im the same way. if i get on it hard in an intersection when im turning, my friends witness me going, "please dont shift, please dont shift, please dont shift..." so i dont get sideways in traffic :D

Stranger in the Black Sedan
11-16-2009, 07:41 AM
I had zack make a lot some changes to his as-mailed trans tune. It did not hold the gears out long enough at part throttle for me, especially 3-4, and the shifts were too soft for me. I had him delay the light throttle 3-4 shift to 48 mph, and I also had him add in 3rd gear lockup a little under 40 mph. I don't like tunes that only lock 4th. Yeah I would not be worried about Zack's tune shifting too hard or being too aggressive. It was on the tame side for me. Better to be too tame and then have to ramp the tune up than have it blowing the tires away shifting in the rain though.

Personal preference type stuff, and zack was more than willing to make these changes for me.

cougar9150
11-16-2009, 08:57 PM
I just got one today, only took it for a quick test drive but I like it so far. I will know better tomorrow and will post back then.

dohc324ci
11-16-2009, 09:00 PM
I just got one today, only took it for a quick test drive but I like it so far. I will know better tomorrow and will post back then.

Great. Post a review since its fresh:D

dohc324ci
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM

Ive never been sideways with the Lidio tune; you must not be stock...LOL

justbob
11-17-2009, 08:23 AM
I've been completely sideways at 95:D

cougar9150
11-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Drove the Merc to work this morning and so far my thoughts on the Zack tune are: :D :burn: :awe: :banana2: :D :D :D :D

Need a couple minor adjustments such as when I hit it wot the 1-2 shift has a minor bog when up shifting. Other than that I am almost completely happy. Definitely consuming a little more fuel than before but if I was worried about economy I would have bought a Focus.

We will see how I like it tonight on the ride home.

11-17-2009, 08:53 AM
tell zack to send you the Steve H tune. For the discriminating Marauder-er.

ctrlraven
11-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Drove the Merc to work this morning and so far my thoughts on the Zack tune are: :D :burn: :awe: :banana2: :D :D :D :D

Need a couple minor adjustments such as when I hit it wot the 1-2 shift has a minor bog when up shifting. Other than that I am almost completely happy. Definitely consuming a little more fuel than before but if I was worried about economy I would have bought a Focus.

We will see how I like it tonight on the ride home.
Yeah the fuels tends to be consumed more when you are on the throttle more lol.

SC Cheesehead
11-17-2009, 09:05 AM

I've got the same issue. ;)

ctrlraven
11-17-2009, 09:07 AM
I've got the same issue. ;)
I don't see it as an issue, more like a condition I am living with and willing to accept :lol:

MrBluGruv
11-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Ive never been sideways with the Lidio tune; you must not be stock...LOL

I've started to break loose before on the 1-2 shift while changing lanes passing a vehicle. Just Lidio tune, JLT intake, and new mufflers at that point. Methinks I need to find this Zack guy for his tune if his stuff makes Lidio's look conservative and Lidio's already makes my car run like a bat out of hell...

cougar9150
11-17-2009, 09:23 AM

Drive it like you stole it is how I always drive. Its like having a hot wife and not sleeping with her. What's the point if it's only for show? Go hard or not at all.

ctrlraven
11-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Drive it like you stole it is how I always drive. Its like having a hot wife and not sleeping with her. What's the point if it's only for show? Go hard or not at all.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Nokari/Amen-Brother.jpg

FordNut
11-17-2009, 12:51 PM

Depends on what ya got under the hood. I gotta be conservative most of the time or it'll be bent up.

cougar9150
11-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Depends on what ya got under the hood. I gotta be conservative most of the time or it'll be bent up.

If I was running what you are I would have to be a little more careful myself. Not quite there yet, so hopefully by the time I get an Eaton installed I will learn a little more self control.

Did drive the car home tonight, was a little more reserved because of rush hour traffic but the car had great manners and didn't have that annoying TC shudder when cruising with the flow of traffic. Gets a thumbs up in my book over the tune the car came with.

dohc324ci
11-17-2009, 09:20 PM

Hey FordNut what were you running at the track NA BBS+Zack Tune?

FordNut
11-18-2009, 05:24 AM
I didn't have a Zack tune. I had my own trans tune and Modular PowerHouse engine tune. It ran 12.7

Paul
11-18-2009, 05:53 AM
Late to this thread, but I also have Zack's trans tune blended in by a local dyno and love it. Had it in place for the past year and ~15k. :up:

Matt In Detroit
11-18-2009, 06:59 AM
I am running a Zack tune. Much better than stock or the other tune I had. Shifts arent hard but will bark if you lay into it.

dohc324ci
11-18-2009, 10:42 PM
So far I really like what I am hearing. I am hopefully going to get her dyno tuned next Friday....with Zacks trans schedule and his super duper tune...LOL

Mike M
11-18-2009, 11:04 PM
How does one get in touch with ZACK?

dohc324ci
11-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Ask and you shall receive...check PM

dohc324ci
11-18-2009, 11:16 PM
I didn't have a Zack tune. I had my own trans tune and Modular PowerHouse engine tune. It ran 12.7

SWEET! I assume you had the whole gambit already....Long Tubes, 3K TC, 4.10s...

FordNut
11-19-2009, 05:51 AM
SWEET! I assume you had the whole gambit already....Long Tubes, 3K TC, 4.10s...

Yes. Kooks, 4.10's, DR's Art Carr trans kit, 2800 stall PI.

MarkoNW
11-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Just drove to work in the rain with Zack's tune (otherwise 100% stock), love it over stock tune, very will behaved with new tires.

Drove it harder last night when it was dry and was equally happy with how it drives when I jump on it.

musclemerc
11-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Now thats a GREAT first post! ;)

Makadamian
11-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah Zack sounds like the man. How do I contact him? I've been driving with the stock tune way too long now. I want to experience the joy!

dohc324ci
11-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Check you PM.

Bradley G
11-22-2009, 07:04 AM
I would caution anyone who allows a "Non SCT dealer" to make changes to thier tune.
If later there is a problem with equiptment or software, you will not get SCT's support getting it resolved.
I hope for your sake, if you do deciede to go that route, nothing happens to the person you got the programing from.
SCT already has changed policy to the dealers, from these pirated tunes.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48416

Ms. Denmark
11-22-2009, 07:41 AM
I would caution anyone who allows a "Non SCT dealer" to make changes to thier tune.
If later there is a problem with equiptment or software, you will not get SCT's support getting it resolved.
I hope for your sake, if you do decide to go that route, nothing happens to the person you got the programing from.
SCT already has changed policy to the dealers, from these pirated tunes.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48416What exactly does this cryptic part of the message mean Bradley?:confused: BTW, I doubt anyone would expect SCT to resolve any problem that might develope.;)

SC Cheesehead
11-22-2009, 09:35 AM
What exactly does this cryptic part of the message mean Bradley?:confused: BTW, I doubt anyone would expect SCT to resolve any problem that might develope.;)

+1 Ms. D.

"He who shall not be named" knows the SCT inside and out. Of all the guys I would trust to resolve any tuning issues, I'd put him right at the top of the list.

dohc324ci
11-22-2009, 09:52 AM
The way I look at it anything we do aftermarket to our cars is a "risk".

RR|Suki
11-22-2009, 10:05 AM
I hope for your sake, if you do deciede to go that route, nothing happens to the person you got the programing from.
SCT already has changed policy to the dealers, from these pirated tunes.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48416

SCT/Diablo etc. don't give support anyway, all you get from them is "too bad so sad"

Bradley G
11-24-2009, 03:58 AM
What exactly does this cryptic part of the message mean Bradley?:confused: BTW, I doubt anyone would expect SCT to resolve any problem that might develope.;)They will help you as long as the product was not tampered with by a non dealer

+1 Ms. D.

"He who shall not be named" knows the SCT inside and out. Of all the guys I would trust to resolve any tuning issues, I'd put him right at the top of the list.The title of the thread has "his" name in it, you can give that up.
Even if the transmission schedule was Zacks' work, he is not authorized to make changes to your tune.

The way I look at it anything we do aftermarket to our cars is a "risk".Yeah, if you blow it up it's your dime.

SCT/Diablo etc. don't give support anyway, all you get from them is "too bad so sad"I don't think the companies that sell the tuning devices are at fault.
SCT has support for thier products

CKMustangCobra
11-24-2009, 07:48 AM
I have been running a few Zack tunes for a while and I am 100% happy with them.

Bradley G
11-24-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm not claiming his tune is inferior.
In fact, it most deffinatly should be the cats azz.
The guys(SCT dealers) that developed it have taken a big financial hit, since he has offered thier tunes to the collective for near nothing.
I don't agree with how it is represented.
I recently purchased a ex-cal from a local, that Zack offered to unlock it for nothing.
I do appreciate the jesture, but that is how Zack has had acess to the files(other tuners programs)

I would like to save the costs for unlocking the tuner but if something is/goes wrong, I don't have anyone to blame but myself.

MustangCobra;831317]I have been running a few Zack tunes for a while and I am 100% happy with them.[/quote]

dohc324ci
11-24-2009, 09:40 AM
My point is we are all playing a risk reward game here there chief. You have a blower that changes the whole dynamics of the cars engine, tune, A/F, fuel, spark, timing etc. IMO is a higher risk of something going BOOM than running Zacks trans tune. BTW, Fords not going to help you if your motor goes boom and it will be on your dime:)

11-24-2009, 12:49 PM
If you are running anything but the newest tuners, SCT won't support them anyway. I am running a 9100 still. There is no gain for me by buying the newer tuners, the 9100 does everything the new tuners do when used in conjunction with my computer.

offroadkarter
11-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I recently purchased a ex-cal from a local, that Zack offered to unlock it for nothing.
I do appreciate the jesture, but that is how Zack has had acess to the files(other tuners programs)

Yep, I agree with Bradley on this... He posted on the SVTP want to buy forum (looking for Locked Xcal2/3) and after people went allover him because they knew exactly what he was doing (what Bradley said, stealing tunes) he got his ass banned from there to :D

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/other-vehicle-parts-buy-sell-273/578066-wtb-locked-xcal2-datalogging.html

FordNut
11-24-2009, 05:24 PM
I disagree with y'all, but each to their own.

offroadkarter
11-24-2009, 07:53 PM

theirs 2 different opinions in here, or do you disagree with both and form a 3rd? :D

FordNut
11-24-2009, 08:06 PM
theirs 2 different opinions in here, or do you disagree with both and form a 3rd? :D

I mean I disagree with the previous two posts. YOU and BradleyG.
I think you knew exactly what I meant...

offroadkarter
11-24-2009, 09:17 PM
I mean I disagree with the previous two posts. YOU and BradleyG.
I think you knew exactly what I meant...

No I did not, but I think we can agree to disagree on this, yes?

This disagreement is very agreeable

Bradley G
11-25-2009, 04:33 AM
My point is we are all playing a risk reward game here there chief. You have a blower that changes the whole dynamics of the cars engine, tune, A/F, fuel, spark, timing etc. IMO is a higher risk of something going BOOM than running Zacks trans tune. BTW, Fords not going to help you if your motor goes boom and it will be on your dime:)I've had the blower for almost 5 years & 55K ,I fully realize I'm on my own, with risk on the hard parts.
I mention support from the tuner and the Company that distributes the devices and software that may need attention.

If you are running anything but the newest tuners, SCT won't support them anyway. I am running a 9100 still. There is no gain for me by buying the newer tuners, the 9100 does everything the new tuners do when used in conjunction with my computer.
Not sure how accurate that info is, the EX-cal II is almost as old as my "T" kit.
I'm not aware of any problems with old tuning devices, it's the people using the pirated tunes that I was making a point on.

Yep, I agree with Bradley on this... He posted on the SVTP want to buy forum (looking for Locked Xcal2/3) and after people went allover him because they knew exactly what he was doing (what Bradley said, stealing tunes) he got his ass banned from there to :D

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/other-vehicle-parts-buy-sell-273/578066-wtb-locked-xcal2-datalogging.html
I heard that SCT shut his acess off. I will check out the link

My experience is, it's better to pay too much for something, than not enough.
You have had experience with this Brian, Look at your sig.
If you had heeded Darriens advice on your transmission rebuild, I doubt that the out come would have been the same.

FordNut
11-25-2009, 06:07 AM
My experience is, it's better to pay too much for something, than not enough.
You have had experience with this Brian, Look at your sig.
If you had heeded Darriens advice on your transmission rebuild, I doubt that the out come would have been the same.

What you pay may have little to do with success and support. I paid premium price for an engine build that didn't work out. Highly reputable shop but after the second build from them I found another shop that does better work, cheaper. No more engine problems. I had a Lentech transmission, paid premium price. It worked ok but wouldn't shift very hard so I got ahold of Darren. I'm not the only one who has had trouble but some folks are still holding out hope that he'll eventually get it right if they don't bash him.

Ms. Denmark
11-25-2009, 06:19 AM
My decisions about what to do with my cherished Marauder are never made without seeking the advice of expertly knowledgeable members/friends here on the forum. I trust these guys to give me sound guidance. They've never let me down. That matters a lot more to me than any other factor.

Bradley G
11-25-2009, 08:14 AM
You say you paid a lot the first time, yet you have had to pay many times with limited sucess/longevity.
I was not intending to bring another vendor up and start that up.
Just making an example of a situation where too little was paid and it cost you in the long run.
Darrien is not the only guy who put some parts together that failed.

What you pay may have little to do with success and support. I paid premium price for an engine build that didn't work out. Highly reputable shop but after the second build from them I found another shop that does better work, cheaper. No more engine problems. I had a Lentech transmission, paid premium price. It worked ok but wouldn't shift very hard so I got ahold of Darren. I'm not the only one who has had trouble but some folks are still holding out hope that he'll eventually get it right if they don't bash him.

Bradley G
11-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Ok then, as a trusted member of our group, I'm warning you if you allow anyone but an authorized SCT dealer modifys the programming to your Marauder, you are subject to risk of "no support" from the companies and dealers, if later you come to them with a problem.

My decisions about what to do with my cherished Marauder are never made without seeking the advice of expertly knowledgeable members/friends here on the forum. I trust these guys to give me sound guidance. They've never let me down. That matters a lot more to me than any other factor.

Darrin
11-25-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm not the only one who has had trouble but some folks are still holding out hope that he'll eventually get it right if they don't bash him.

That's a lie right there plan and simple. I don't know of any of my customers who might even remotely be anywhere within even an unreasonable vicinity of being able to say anything like that.

So here is the only solution I can come up with to stop this crap and I give you all my word on this. I absolutely promise that if Brian can produce these "folks" that he claims then not only will I take care of their issues, but I will refund my labor portion of that travesty he had me patch up back to him. I want to hear about just one customer of mine who has had a genuine problem with my products that has made me aware of it and who I have refused to take care of. If we find one then Brian will get refunded what he paid me in labor for trying to help him out.

Brian of course is excluded from being that one customer because we already well know of his opinion.

I also promise no worries should be out there about bashing from me in any honest situation. That's crap. I don't bash anyone that needs help and is honestly trying to get it. Particularly when they need help from me and even more particularly if the issue they need help on is something caused by me. I just honestly don't know of anyone out there who could, or would, claim anything like that about me. I reserve any bashings I give out for the dishonest few that feel the need to shovel off their own misery onto others.

Here is yet another call out buddy and it don't get any better than this. Prove what you said there and you get the double whammy. You prove a point and get paid to do it.

Or, once again fail to do so and you prove my point... Again.

I have a vendor forum and these "folks" can feel free to use it. Leave me out of this thread. This thread had nothing to do with me in any way and I want no further part of it.

Darrin

11-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Not sure how accurate that info is, the EX-cal II is almost as old as my "T" kit.
I'm not aware of any problems with old tuning devices, it's the people using the pirated tunes that I was making a point on.SCT phases out support for their older software and hardware, meaning their tech support won't answer your questions about the "phased out" stuff, I know because I have contacted SCT before.

I am running a 9100 with a Zack tune. No support from SCT = the support I'd be entitled to anyway with a legit tune (which I have paid for and had before too)

offroadkarter
11-25-2009, 09:11 AM
I heard that SCT shut his acess off. I will check out the link

Yes, they did, he can only work on unsupported tuners now...

That is such a bad idea, I've learned to STOP taking advice from this forum, nobody agrees on anything :D

SCT phases out support for their older software and hardware, meaning their tech support won't answer your questions about the "phased out" stuff, I know because I have contacted SCT before.

I am running a 9100 with a Zack tune. No support from SCT = the support I'd be entitled to anyway with a legit tune (which I have paid for and had before too)

Thats the only reason why zack can mess with your Commodore 64 tuner, because its so old its unsupported :P

offroadkarter
11-25-2009, 12:00 PM
and dont forget a nice read here, which im sure a few of you remember

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130811

ctrlraven
11-25-2009, 12:30 PM
and dont forget a nice read here, which im sure a few of you remember

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130811
I was waiting for you to post up something with all this positive feedback from people I'm sure it was killing you to read it :lol:

dohc324ci
11-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Wow lots of hard feeling/opinions on this...better close this thread before we get too crazy here...LOL

FordNut
11-25-2009, 01:31 PM

On top of that Brian's "story" about me has apparently changed (again LOL) because I wasn't given any complaint about soft shifting. He did claim to have soft shifting issues with one of the multitude of previous transmissions that he wasn't happy with, but it didn't have anything to do with me. Here is what that complaint actually had to do with I think.

Maybe a class in reading comprehension would be in order?

That's a lie right there plan and simple. I don't know of any of my customers who might even remotely be anywhere within even an unreasonable vicinity of being able to say anything like that.

So here is the only solution I can come up with to stop this crap and I give you all my word on this. I absolutely promise that if Brian can produce these "folks" that he claims then not only will I take care of their issues, but I will refund my labor portion of that travesty he had me patch up back to him. I want to hear about just one customer of mine who has had a genuine problem with my products that has made me aware of it and who I have refused to take care of. If we find one then Brian will get refunded what he paid me in labor for trying to help him out.

Darrin

I'll see if he wants to come out, that would be great for everyone involved.

FordNut
11-25-2009, 01:32 PM
You say you paid a lot the first time, yet you have had to pay many times with limited sucess/longevity.
I was not intending to bring another vendor up and start that up.
Just making an example of a situation where too little was paid and it cost you in the long run.
Darrien is not the only guy who put some parts together that failed.

But you did it anyway.

Darrin
11-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Maybe a class in reading comprehension would be in order?

You are indeed correct sir and I apologize completely for that. I will edit my post to reflect it. I am very sorry.

I'll see if he wants to come out, that would be great for everyone involved.

I am waiting on this one with bated breath. If there is an unresolved problem that someone is having with one of my products then I haven't been made aware of it.

My offer stands.

Darrin

offroadkarter
11-25-2009, 03:07 PM
I was waiting for you to post up something with all this positive feedback from people I'm sure it was killing you to read it :lol:

I'm just tired of this site pole jacking all the time... First it was reinhart, then when zack got mad at reinhart, everyone loved zack... which is still the case now...

So remember, fellow members, if you want all of MM.net to love you, go call zack out, and you'll be a hero! :D

Ms. Denmark
11-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Ok then, as a trusted member of our group, I'm warning you if you allow anyone but an authorized SCT dealer modifys the programming to your Marauder, you are subject to risk of "no support" from the companies and dealers, if later you come to them with a problem.Bradley! I respect you and appreciate your counsel but listen to me carefully.......I do not have an SCT tune so I would not be calling SCT for any reason. If I should have a question or problem I will call Zack. ;) And I will also contact Paul and others whom I trust to give me solid answers. :beer:

offroadkarter
11-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Bradley! I respect you and appreciate your counsel but listen to me carefully.......I do not have an SCT tune so I would not be calling SCT for any reason. If I should have a question or problem I will call Zack. ;) And I will also contact Paul and others whom I trust to give me solid answers. :beer:

If you trust paul, why didn't you ask him about his experience with the zack tune!? :P

What i think bradley's saying is, when you motor or trans goes kaboom, or something screwy goes up in the PCM, SCT wont touch it with a 30 ft pole, but it seems that your already well aware of this.

Ms. Denmark
11-25-2009, 04:39 PM
If you trust paul, why didn't you ask him about his experience with the zack tune!? :P
Well, I had several other people I trust, on hand to talk things over with at the time. If I understand it, Paul did not like the tune he got, but his car didn't blow up. Not sure if it was the same tune as mine. I have had no problems at all. I LOVE my tune. If Paul had been there, I would have had another valuable opinion to consider. :P

What i think bradley's saying is, when you motor or trans goes kaboom, or something screwy goes up in the PCM, SCT wont touch it with a 30 ft pole, but it seems that your already well aware of this.That would be a big hell yeah! :D

ctrlraven
11-25-2009, 04:52 PM
I've had a Zack tune longer than anyone else on here 2+ years, guess what my engine runs just fine. I've daily driven the hell out of the car since getting his tune. Funny thing and I would of posted this on MF.com is that Zack fixed my trans issue on the FIRST try while DR tried 3 times and still failed, each tune was worse than before. It was a pain in the azz to drive my car around MV5 with DR's 3rd attempt at correcting a tune after I had a 3500 stall converter installed and like I said before I was at the point I was ready to sell and get rid of the car. Zack asked the right questions or I should say DR didn't and fixed my problem.

There is risks in every mod we do as something can happen to the car, somtimes there is a nice cozy warranty sometimes there isn't, that's just how things go. If something happened to my car I would talk to Zack and see what he could do, if there wasn't anything then I'd take care of it myself but that's just me I guess.

Bradley G
11-25-2009, 06:52 PM
You make it hard to forget, fix the sig.........
But you did it anyway.

Bradley G
11-25-2009, 06:57 PM
So your PCM is flashed with the pirated tune??
That leaves you no choice than to contact your trusted pirate.
Bradley! I respect you and appreciate your counsel but listen to me carefully.......I do not have an SCT tune so I would not be calling SCT for any reason. If I should have a question or problem I will call Zack. ;) And I will also contact Paul and others whom I trust to give me solid answers. :beer:

FordNut
11-25-2009, 07:13 PM

Soon as I get a refund.

offroadkarter
11-25-2009, 07:53 PM
I've had a Zack tune longer than anyone else on here 2+ years, guess what my engine runs just fine. I've daily driven the hell out of the car since getting his tune. Funny thing and I would of posted this on MF.com is that Zack fixed my trans issue on the FIRST try while DR tried 3 times and still failed, each tune was worse than before. It was a pain in the azz to drive my car around MV5 with DR's 3rd attempt at correcting a tune after I had a 3500 stall converter installed and like I said before I was at the point I was ready to sell and get rid of the car. Zack asked the right questions or I should say DR didn't and fixed my problem.

There is risks in every mod we do as something can happen to the car, somtimes there is a nice cozy warranty sometimes there isn't, that's just how things go. If something happened to my car I would talk to Zack and see what he could do, if there wasn't anything then I'd take care of it myself but that's just me I guess.

I'm not praising any other former members... Just to make a point, it took zack 7 tries to get stranger in a black sedan's tune to the way he wanted it...

That leaves you no choice than to contact your trusted pirate.

Yarrr ha ha har har har.... :pirate:

ctrlraven
11-26-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm not praising any other former members... Just to make a point, it took zack 7 tries to get stranger in a black sedan's tune to the way he wanted it...

Yarrr ha ha har har har.... :pirate:

Zack fixed my issue the first time but it wasnt exactly how I wanted but over a detailed talk and a few trial and error tunes it was all hammered out. Not many people run a 3500 stall with 3.55 gears. I even contacted Lidio and he said nope wont tune it unless I put 4.10 gears in then he would "write" me a tune. I didn't contact Zack about tuning my car he approached me with an offer to help out.

Ms. Denmark
11-26-2009, 05:37 AM
That leaves you no choice than to contact your trusted pirate. Bradley, we seem to have struck a nerve with you on this topic....just mind your own beeswax as the kids used to say.:D:P What I did or did not do to my car is my business. :D

Bradley G
11-26-2009, 07:04 AM
Who's
"B's"?
Bradley, we seem to have struck a nerve with you on this topic....just mind your own beeswax as the kids used to say.:D:P What I did or did not do to my car is my business. :D

guspech750
11-26-2009, 07:07 AM
:bows:Zack:bows:Zack:bows:Zack :bows:.......Oh! And did I mention :bows:Zack:bows:

Darrin
11-26-2009, 09:00 AM

Nah, he can leave it. Every vendor has that 'one' and I use his sig to tell people how to find mine. I don't have any need to hide anything from anyone.

What I don't appreciate is the other BS he tries like claiming there are customers out there with my products who have had problems that didn't get resolved and the related claims he makes with that. That is nothing but baseless vendor bashing and it's WAY wrong.

But guys, please stop bringing me up in this thread. It has nothing to do with me whatsoever.

Darrin

Phrog_gunner
11-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Is there anyone that can honestly say they have had SCT "adjust" the tune so it shifts exactly the way they want it? Has SCT ever helped someone tweak their tune to get a little more HP out? Does anyone really think if they blow their motor or trans that SCT is actually going to pay for it? I just don't understand what kind of "support" one would be forfeiting?

RR|Suki
11-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Is there anyone that can honestly say they have had SCT "adjust" the tune so it shifts exactly the way they want it? Has SCT ever helped someone tweak their tune to get a little more HP out? Does anyone really think if they blow their motor or trans that SCT is actually going to pay for it? I just don't understand what kind of "support" one would be forfeiting?

Exactly, the only people who think that it matters are those who have never had to call for this "support". Trust me if you blow a motor because something went wrong with your tuner/chip SCT/Diablo isn't gonna do jack but say "well we can sell you a new tuner/chip"... I know that one all too well.

Rockettman
11-27-2009, 07:05 AM
I contacted SCT yesterday to see if I could purchase one of their tunes (one that may come one of their pre-loaded units). They said that I can't buy that.
So basically anything that they sell you that is not pre-loaded, is up to the dealer, and you (the consumer) to prgram yourself. That being the case, they have no control over what you do with it, they only sell you the means of doing prgramming.
They really don't have any responsibity for what happens after because that's what you paid for. I would assume that if you did by one of the pre-loaded ones, they may...may, take some responsibility if something went wrong. Their prgrams probably err on the side of caution anyway.

martyo
11-27-2009, 07:45 AM
Believe it or not, this guy can tune a trans very well!!!!

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/Miscellaneous-Car-Stuff/Zack.jpg

SC Cheesehead
11-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Believe it or not, this guy can tune a trans very well!!!!

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/Miscellaneous-Car-Stuff/Zack.jpg

Not according to some folks.:rolleyes:

Me, I swear by the guy.

Ms. Denmark
11-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Fixed my issues on the first try.;)

dohc324ci
11-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Yea cant please everyone...LOL But if ole Marty says its good then its good in my book...LOL

SC Cheesehead
11-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Yea cant please everyone...LOL But if ole Marty says its good then its good in my book...LOL

+1, who's gonna argue with "Mr. Speed?" :D

martyo
11-27-2009, 10:14 AM
who's gonna argue with "mr. Speedo?"

:-)

knine
11-27-2009, 10:22 AM
who's gonna argue with "mr. Speedo"?
....please, no banana hammocks :shake:

justbob
11-27-2009, 10:59 AM
He looks like a member of the Blue man group! Oh wait, he is a bluesbro...