PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Lidio tune to my XCal2. $$ ?

Rockettman
11-25-2009, 05:16 AM
Does anyone have any idea - hopefully the guys at Alternative will chime in on this - how much do they charge to get a Lidio tune on my exsisting XCal?
Also, how do I do that?
The CD from my XCal2 was loaded into my PC when I bought it...and CRASH...the computer has never worked since! Don't even want to attempt that again.

fastblackmerc
11-25-2009, 05:29 AM
Does anyone have any idea - hopefully the guys at Alternative will chime in on this - how much do they charge to get a Lidio tune on my exsisting XCal?
Also, how do I do that?
The CD from my XCal2 was loaded into my PC when I bought it...and CRASH...the computer has never worked since! Don't even want to attempt that again.

Why not call Lidio?

Rockettman
11-25-2009, 05:38 AM
I just thought I'd put it out there. That's all.

bob6364
11-25-2009, 05:38 AM
When I did it ,I sent Lidio my xcal and he sent it back to me cost= priceless

Glockafella
11-25-2009, 08:05 AM
If I have an XCAL3 and loaded the LIDIO tune onto my car, then returned the stock tune to my car 6 months later, DOES IT UNLOCK THE XCAL3 FOR ANY OTHER MM TO USE?

cvpiftw
11-25-2009, 09:22 AM
If I have an XCAL3 and loaded the LIDIO tune onto my car, then returned the stock tune to my car 6 months later, DOES IT UNLOCK THE XCAL3 FOR ANY OTHER MM TO USE?
Yes..... but some PCMS are different and need a different tune IIRC.

swordfish
11-25-2009, 10:36 AM
If I was you I'd give Lidio a call. Everytime I've called him he's been glad to help and take the time to explain everything.

Mark

fastblackmerc
11-25-2009, 03:33 PM

Yes, you may need a different tune if the Marauder's computer code is different.

Glockafella
11-25-2009, 03:40 PM
This is not true...Lidio would have asked me for he code when I ordered, he never did.

Glockafella
11-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Well I dont know about XCAL2, but the X3 can be switched as long as the previous owner returned there car to stock.

http://www.sctflash.com/PDF/X3_SF3Manual.pdf

3 page, 2nd paragraph after list of compatable vehicles.

MM_BKK
11-26-2009, 07:16 AM
When I did it ,I sent Lidio my xcal and he sent it back to me cost= priceless

With the internet these days, you could have just downloaded LiveWire Updater from SCT website for free and your tuner could have just email your tune once you've paid for it then just transfer the emailed tune to your Xcal with LW_Updater then to your car. All could have been done in less than an hour once the tune have been emailed to you.

This is not true...Lidio would have asked me for he code when I ordered, he never did.

If you're getting a SCT Flasher with canned tunes, the computer code is not needed because the unit will have many codes on it already to cover many different year and model and computer codes.

However, if you're getting one with a custom tune, then the seller will need your computer code, otherwise when you transfer non-matching computer code to your car you will get unpredictable result or it may not even transfer at all.

Rockettman
11-26-2009, 07:33 AM
"With the internet these days, you could have just downloaded LiveWire Updater from SCT website for free and your tuner could have just email your tune once you've paid for it then just transfer the emailed tune to your Xcal with LW_Updater then to your car. All could have been done in less than an hour once the tune have been emailed to you."

I tried that download the first time around. Crashed my PC - never to work again. I'm afraid to download it again to anyones computer.

SC Cheesehead
11-26-2009, 08:06 AM
"With the internet these days, you could have just downloaded LiveWire Updater from SCT website for free and your tuner could have just email your tune once you've paid for it then just transfer the emailed tune to your Xcal with LW_Updater then to your car. All could have been done in less than an hour once the tune have been emailed to you."

I tried that download the first time around. Crashed my PC - never to work again. I'm afraid to download it again to anyones computer.

Are you saying the download locked up your PC or actually crashed the OS when you tried downloading it? Sounds like you may have other issues with your PC.

MM_BKK
11-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Funny, I have it downloaded and installed on 3 of my computers and none of them had a problem. Two machines were XP and one is Vista.

You might have to check your system OS and resource to see if it's up to the task.

SamF
11-26-2009, 08:28 AM
With the internet these days, you could have just downloaded LiveWire Updater from SCT website for free and your tuner could have just email your tune once you've paid for it then just transfer the emailed tune to your Xcal with LW_Updater then to your car. All could have been done in less than an hour once the tune have been emailed to you.

I am pretty sure Lidio doesnt email his tunes, if you want a tune, call him.

Rockettman
11-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Are you saying the download locked up your PC or actually crashed the OS when you tried downloading it? Sounds like you may have other issues with your PC.

Yup...ka-boom! Maybe you're right. The OS may be bad. It is XP (or was).

Glockafella
11-26-2009, 09:11 AM
They do have a disclaimer on the website about Caution with weak/older computers

Rockettman
11-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Live and learn.

MM_BKK
11-26-2009, 12:16 PM
I am pretty sure Lidio doesnt email his tunes, if you want a tune, call him.

I'm not sure why not. If a customer is willing to pay for product and services, but they don't want to sell? SCT tunes are pretty safe to email if it's .LL3 format as it can not be hacked, modified or reverse engineered.The .MTF format however, can be modified and read.I personally WILL NOT deal with any tuner who is not willing to give me the tune in .MTF format and I don't care how good of a reputation they have.