PDA

View Full Version : I pushed the envelope in the name of SPARTA.

Blackened300a
11-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Tonight while coming home, I decided to really see how well these new suspension pieces handle. There is a nasty curve under the Whitestone bridge that the speed limit is only 25mph around this curve. Its our dead mans curve of Queens. It was wide open so I put the car into the turn harder then I would dare before just to see how it felt. In fact I wasn't sure how fast I was going til I was out of the turn and noticed that my speedo needle was pointed straight up at 80mph! :eek:
I didn't feel any body roll and I felt in control through the whole turn. In fact I called Tommy right away cause I didn't expect to hold the turn without letting off or correcting.
These parts work!!!!! I never felt a wobble or shake through the curve. Best bang for the buck in the suspension department, I no longer brake for curves ;)

FastMerc
11-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Wow now u know the meaning of she handles like she is on rails!LOL thats cool an awesome upgrade. :D

Phrog_gunner
11-27-2009, 06:29 PM
You have the control arms and the watts link, right? Always good to be part of building something that works spectacularly.

Blackened300a
11-27-2009, 06:40 PM
You have the control arms and the watts link, right? Always good to be part of building something that works spectacularly.

Control arms, watts link and Addco sway bars. On rails is the word for the handling

DEFYANT
11-27-2009, 07:23 PM
What tires are you using?

knine
11-27-2009, 07:28 PM
.......a body in motion stays in motion until acted upon by an outside force. e=mc2. Think about it.

Phrog_gunner
11-27-2009, 08:00 PM
.......a body in motion stays in motion until acted upon by an outside force. e=mc2. Think about it.

Why did you have to go all rocket surgeon on us?

DOOM
11-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Control arms were one of my best mods! :up:

knine
11-27-2009, 09:03 PM

Why did you have to go all rocket surgeon on us?
.....because when the outside force can no longer act upon the motion, disaster ensues. In other words, if you are over confident, you can "outrun" the curve, or, in other words, exceed the coefficent of friction exerted between the surface driven on and the tires exceeds tolerance, grip is lost. Another way of seeing it is the radius of the turn required for the speed / coeffient of friction maximun threshold is to small (i.e. too fast for the curve). Over confidence is experienced in an unstable uphoric state realized by the sudden and unexpected loss of control, or in other words, your drawers are filled with sheet when you realize you just went too fast cause you got cocky. Remember, the ride may feel more stable, but when you fight the laws of physics, they win, or ...again, in other words.......I fought the law and the law won. :eek:

Gratuitous you-tube link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPXnoLAEUSQ

:lol:

Phrog_gunner
11-27-2009, 09:17 PM
.....because when the outside force can no longer act upon the motion, disaster ensues. In other words, if you are over confident, you can "outrun" the curve, or, in other words, exceed the coefficent of friction exerted between the surface driven on and the tires exceeds tolerance, grip is lost. Another way of seeing it is the radius of the turn required for the speed / coeffient of friction maximun threshold is to great (i.e. too fast for the curve). Over confidence is experienced in an unstable uphoric state realized by the sudden and unexpected loss of control, or in other words, your drawers are filled with sheet when you realize you just went too fast cause you got cocky. Remember, the ride may feel more stable, but when you fight the laws of physics, they win, or ...again, in other words.......I fought the law and the law won. :eek:

So what does that have to do with mass energy equivalence??

knine
11-27-2009, 09:19 PM
So what does that have to do with mass energy equivalence??
It has to do with the relationship of accident reconstruction in respect to the mass–energy equivalence formula..............or the same thing it does with
"pushing the envelope" http://www.franceskeevilart.com.au/images/pushing%20the%20envelope%20det ail%20(Medium).jpg

Mr. Man
11-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Probably could have done 100mph if he had a Silver Birch:D

Big Black Beast
11-27-2009, 10:46 PM
How much harsher is the ride? I find the stock setup to be pretty harsh sometimes on the crappy, unevenly paved, pothole-ridden roads we have around here.

Blackened300a
11-28-2009, 08:20 AM
What tires are you using?

Nitto 420s all around 255/55 in the rear 235/55 in the front.

Control arms were one of my best mods! :up:
Same here. Launching is a lot better too.

. Over confidence is experienced in an unstable uphoric state realized by the sudden and unexpected loss of control, or in other words, your drawers are filled with sheet when you realize you just went too fast cause you got cocky. Remember, the ride may feel more stable, but when you fight the laws of physics, they win, or ...again, in other words.......I fought the law and the law won. :eek:

Gratuitous you-tube link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPXnoLAEUSQ

:lol:
Ummmm yeah, well ok... Live to fight another day then...

Probably could have done 100mph if he had a Silver Birch:D

Care to come to Queens with your new parts installed and put that to the test? :D

How much harsher is the ride? I find the stock setup to be pretty harsh sometimes on the crappy, unevenly paved, pothole-ridden roads we have around here.

I didn't notice any change in the ride. The sway bars affected the ride a little but nothing too harsh. The control arms and the watts link didn't make any difference in ride.

BigCars4Ever
12-07-2009, 05:45 PM
It has to do with the relationship of accident reconstruction in respect to the mass–energy equivalence formula..............or the same thing it does with
"pushing the envelope" http://www.franceskeevilart.com.au/images/pushing%20the%20envelope%20det ail%20(Medium).jpg

If you can't dazzel them with brilliance baffle them with BS?

knine
12-07-2009, 06:45 PM
If you can't dazzel them with brilliance baffle them with BS?
No, I know what I'm talking about.

GordonB
12-08-2009, 02:17 PM
knine,
I know what you are talking about. Try one of those curves in the wet or sloppy stuff and you will indeed experience Newton's 3rd law of physics!!! It would be sad to lose another MM here because of Newton's 3rd law, again!
GordonB

knine
12-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I spent 8 1/2 years as an accident reconstructionist, I've handled way too many avoidable accidents :(

babbage
12-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I spent 8 1/2 years as an accident reconstructionist, I've handled way too many avoidable accidents :(

Yeah and my parents gave birth to me and now as a result I'm likely to have pain and suffering! The lawsuit is in the works...

knine
12-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah and my parents gave birth to me and now as a result I'm likely to have pain and suffering! The lawsuit is in the works...
:lol: I always told my parents to be nice to me...........I get to pick the nursing home they live in :rolleyes: