PDA

View Full Version : Rear kit info

Todd TCE
10-29-2003, 06:42 AM
I'm spending some time looking into the rear upgrade options for those who have asked about this.

I suspect this will turn into a 12-13" rotor upgrade with modest caliper change.

Pricing is a question at this time of course, but I'd 'ballpark' it in the $800-1000 range.

Will post more when I know for sure!

MMM2003
10-29-2003, 06:53 AM
Cool. I'd like to see matching front and rear 13", with improved braking performance (vented) and better calipers.

Thanks Todd!

Hemlock
10-29-2003, 07:02 AM
WOULD BE A PLAYER ON BRAKE UP GRADE .

Todd TCE
10-29-2003, 08:20 PM
I'll be doing some 'hands on' tomorrow on the back of a CV with the same rear end as your car and hope to see what this is going to entail.

Directedby
10-30-2003, 01:04 AM
I would buy a front and rear kit (rotors & calipers) if it became avail.

Todd TCE
11-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Here's the latest on the rears;

The rear will most likely be a 13" rotor package and BSL caliper set up. Optional calipers may be offered.

The hat and rotor issue is being worked on as are the mounts. I don't see a problem with wheel clearance on this one just yet given 'depth' of the kit.

Estimated retail on this will be in the $13-1400 base price plus options. There will also be a refundable $300 core charge on your existing caliper plates. Installation of this will be much more complicated than the fronts given the backing plate will be replaced and require removal of the axles.

More as it is avaialable. Anyone who wants 'in' on this for a discount or options of sorts call or email me soon. When it's done, the price is firm.

Krytin
11-15-2003, 07:22 AM
I had been holding off on your front brake kit because there was nothing for the rear. I will definitely go for front and rear kits when you make them available!

Todd TCE
11-15-2003, 07:18 PM
Given the complexity of the rear as well as the price I really doubt there will be too many takers, but nice to see there is some interest despite this.

Todd TCE
11-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Spent more time today on this rear deal.

Please keep in mind it's only one of a number of projects, thus the slow going of it at times.....

The rears will be 13 x .81DV (using the same rotor as the Impala) and be offered with the BSL caliper while I can still get it. When this caliper is depleated from Wilwood inventory things may get a bit tougher to 'match' the look of the billet fronts. But we'll take it one step at a time.

The kit will include; new hats (drums) and Directional Vaned 13" rootrs, BSL calipers and the user friendly Q pads. Also of course; hoses and hardware. The kicker is the replacement of the factory mounting plate and its 'core return policy' of exchanging the one on your car now. This will add a REFUNDABLE $300 to the kit price too.

Base price of the kit is set. Cost: $1479 plus rotor finish options. I'm sorry it's higher than I'd anticipated but it's simply due to amortizing the costs of the mounting plates to get the kits rolling. These suckers are costly at about $130 each. I'll need to run at least thress sets to rotate into inventory, that's about a grand out of pocket. The parts will be on an exchange basis and your fellow owner may well be waiting on YOU to return the cores to me for the next kit.

I hope to have the finished parts of the rear done in the next week or so, then I'll be able to get the laser shop to make up the proper brackets. From there it's final fit, spacers, adapters, hoses etc. Bottom line; I figure I may be able to do this ONE kit before the middle of the month.

I'd really like to gauge interest on this one again. The rears are simply going to cost more than the fronts due to the complexity. I'm willing to offer the FIRST one to a qualified owner/buyer/installer who can assist in giving me some solid feedback for a modest discount price. If you are interested now's the time to call. When I run three final kits and they are on the shelf the price will hold firm.

Thanks!

Petrograde
12-07-2003, 06:59 PM
I'm interested,.... what do the calipers look like?..

That is a nice chunk of change,.. especially once you factor in installation,... but,.. I'm still interested! I've had to "emergency brake" a few times this month, I've been lucky! I need a bit more braking power.

Just out of curiousity,... will you offer rotors that are just drilled,.. and not vained?..

Thanks!

Tom

Todd TCE
12-08-2003, 06:53 AM
Yes it is a nice chunk of change. That's one I cannot do much about given the nature of the required mounting.

Caliper options for the rear may vary a bit but for starters I'll work with the BSL four pot to match the front six. If I can come up with an alternate billet design with the right piston area I might go a different way. The FSL would be considered the 'better' caliper in some ways but mixing the billet look fronts with the forged rears just won't cut it.

All the rotors are 'vaned', you don't want a solid rotor on the back of this car.

Check out the rotor page and caliper page for more specific info.

And no, I have no interest in modified stock rotors for the car, but I'm sure they'll pop up from someone.

Hemlock
12-08-2003, 07:09 AM
WOULD LIKE TO SEE PIX OF THE FINAL SETUP , WILL WATCH FOR YOUR LATEST NEWS . CHEERS !!

Todd TCE
12-08-2003, 07:22 AM
Well....if I can get Anderson Audio in Atlanta to post some pics ON CAR, that they have promised to do I'll be happy to help. Call them and rattle their cage for me too!

I do have ON BENCH final photos if you'd like to email me, just dont look right on a web page over car shots....

The rears are identical to the Impala set ups so I'll shoot you some pics of it if I can find your email address.

You appear to be hiding your email address so sending pics is out, you'll need to email me direct for them.
toddandchris1@cox.net

Todd TCE
12-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Rear kit brackets need some adjusting and from there the last thing will be proper spacing of the rotor relative to its mount.

Hats are done, rotors bolted up, alls looking well.

There is currently but ONE of these in existance....four more will be produced pending final bolt up. It's a very costly package to produce.

First time buyer discount applies here as well. Must be a buyer with some mechanical skills so to share some on car feedback.