PDA

View Full Version : Turbo kit for MM

swordfish
11-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Hey My brother just sent me this link. Anyone know anything about this kit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercury-Marauder-T3T4-Turbo-Charger-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZite m518a8f2cf5QQitemZ350216989941 QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPa rtsQ5fAccessories

Thanks,
Mark

offroadkarter
11-30-2009, 02:51 PM
they are universal kits, not vehicle specific

justbob
11-30-2009, 03:02 PM
I see it has gone up $100 or so dollars in the last couple months.

MrBluGruv
11-30-2009, 03:18 PM
lol, yeh I'd imagine it looks tempting, most of a turbo setup for $400. Hell, it may even be a good starting point for parts, but it's just a risky jump to make that the parts (namely the turbo) are any quality. Make sure the turbo is a good size for our motors at least. Also, be prepared to make back a good deal of difference in paying a shop to fab up everything to get those bits connected and working properly.

justbob
11-30-2009, 03:34 PM
I showed this here before and nobody had anything good to say about it. If you can do your own fab work, and upgrade a small portion of this kit then I can't see where you could go wrong. Your talking $1000.00. Thats peanuts to what some of us have spent. I've been tempted myself to give this a try, sell my kit, and come out ahead.

MrBluGruv
11-30-2009, 03:40 PM
^^^

I remember you posting this actually. Problem that I would have and i imagine most others would as well is that they lack the ability to fab to that extent and the shops near them with that capability may be in extremely short supply.

Still, to the OP, if you can make that work, man I say go for it and let others know of your success. Forced Induction is definately one of the greatest things that can happen to one of our cars and I think with more affordable options (as opposed to easily 8 to 10 grand for a trilogy setup) we'd see more of them being done justice.

juno
12-02-2009, 07:52 AM
JMHO, but you would be far better off buying the PTK piping kit for sale on the board. If you can install shorty headers, you can install the PTK kit.
No fabbing, it fits, and you can pick a better turbo. The fabbing for our cars would be very expensive.
You need to buy a name-brand turbo charger.
That one sounds a little fishy, very small AR on the turbine, 450 hp at 25 psi? Seems to be designed for a v6, not a v8.