PDA

View Full Version : Car Cover for $35 shipped!?

xcellu8
12-06-2009, 12:36 PM
I went with this:

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com/

$35 shipped. It's strictly for indoor use but my Maruder is going to be sitting in a Garage for the next 4-5 months. I know it's silly to skimp so hard on the cover but as long as it keeps dust off of it, it is all I need.

I might be asking for trouble with such a cheap cover but I figure as long as I wash and wax it before I put it on I should be fine. Like I said, it's going to sit in a garage.

The material is like canvas so you definetly only want to use this indoors. It fits alright, I think it's worth $35. It'll do the job!!

Mote
12-06-2009, 12:46 PM
The dust from being in the garage is my biggest problem so a reasonable and inexpensive cover looks mighty attractive. They have a 15% off deal right too. And a discount for military personnel too. I'd give this brand a shot

Got_1
12-06-2009, 01:57 PM
i don't like the feel of the cheap car covers. i went and checked out a few of them and ended up throwing bed sheets over it. all i need it for is to keep dust off while its parked in the garage so the bed sheets serve their purpose

a_d_a_m
12-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Who cares if the car gets dusty? Wash it when you pull it out of storage.

Phrog_gunner
12-06-2009, 04:50 PM
... as long as it keeps dust off of it, it is all I need.

The dust from being in the garage is my biggest problem

...all i need it for is to keep dust off while its parked in the garage

Who cares if the car gets dusty?

Obviously, those 3 guys. ^^^

a_d_a_m
12-06-2009, 04:57 PM
OK, poorly-worded question.
Guess I should ask "why" they care. Dust washes off (rather easily, at that).

CRUZTAKER
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
i don't like the feel of the cheap car covers. i went and checked out a few of them and ended up throwing bed sheets over it. all i need it for is to keep dust off while its parked in the garage so the bed sheets serve their purpose

The last cheap one I bought ($45) from autozone was thinner than a bed sheet, and dust went right through it. It was in a sense...useless.

The ones from California car cover are appropriate, and come in a range of styles and prices dependending on how it will be used.

Spectragod
12-06-2009, 06:51 PM
I actually care if it gets dusty, depending on the contaminates in the dust, it can damage your paint.

California Car Covers are great, not cheap, but they will protect your paint. Just my 4.6 cents worth...

justbob
12-06-2009, 07:39 PM
The last cheap one I bought ($45) from autozone was thinner than a bed sheet, and dust went right through it. It was in a sense...useless.

The ones from California car cover are appropriate, and come in a range of styles and prices dependending on how it will be used.
Agreed. Plus they scratch the paint real easily if bumped into.

ravenknight
12-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Yea I bought a cheap one and it doesnt keep all the dust off, its just too light and thin, but it keeps some off. I hope I get what I asked for Xmas, lol. Just my .02 save and get a good heavy one thats prefit. If you keep the car it will almost pay for itself in the time you save cleaning the car off.

gmtech
12-10-2009, 07:05 AM
just drive them and enjoy the cars:flamer:

HAULNSS
02-19-2010, 09:56 AM
SPAM I went with this:

http://empirecovers-review.blogspotSPAM.com/

$35 shipped. It's strictly for indoor use but my Maruder is going to be sitting in a Garage for the next 4-5 months. I know it's silly to skimp so hard on the cover but as long as it keeps dust off of it, it is all I need.

I might be asking for trouble with such a cheap cover but I figure as long as I wash and wax it before I put it on I should be fine. Like I said, it's going to sit in a garage.

The material is like canvasSPAM so you definetly only want to use this indoors. It fits alright, I think it's worth $35. It'll do the job!!

This cover company has been spamming every car forum they can find. Google the user name "xcellu8" to see how popular he is. :rolleyes:

Ban the spammers. :help: