PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy supercharger or Vortech supercharger

bawazir
12-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi guys,
At last I saved all money, got my new tires done, fixed the aligment issue i think, and did tune up, thanks to all of you in here who helped me out with all my questions. But now that time has come to buy a SUPERCHARGER YES YES YES!!!!!!! :banana:

I need all the MM owner opinion. Which one should i get? Trilogy supercharger or Vortech supercharger??
I know Trilogy is little bit cheaper? but i want to know if i am going install any of the charger do i have to modify my engine? Do i have to put heavy duty gaskets? i know for sure i need tuner & 4.10 gears? but any engine work need to be done before the s/c???????

Thank you guys in advance!

fastblackmerc
12-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Hi guys,
At last I saved all money, got my new tires done, fixed the aligment issue i think, and did tune up, thanks to all of you in here who helped me out with all my questions. But now that time has come to buy a SUPERCHARGER YES YES YES!!!!!!! :banana:

I need all the MM owner opinion. Which one should i get? Trilogy supercharger or Vortech supercharger??
I know Trilogy is little bit cheaper? but i want to know if i am going install any of the charger do i have to modify my engine? Do i have to put heavy duty gaskets? i know for sure i need tuner & 4.10 gears? but any engine work need to be done before the s/c???????

Actually the Trilogy is more expensive than a Vortech. What you also need to look at is the support before, during and after the purchase. The Trilogy support is world-class, bar none.

IMHO... The Trilogy SC actually looks like it belongs on the engine, not an afterthought. :flamer: :flamer:

There is slight modifications with any SC install, but no internal modifications if you run the car sensibly.

No you don't need heavy duty gaskets :shake::shake: Don't think anyone makes HD gaskets.....

The Trilogy SC comes with a tune and tuner I believe.

As for the 4.10 gears you might want to rethink that one..... you'll end up burning off the rear tires......

You need to do some homework.

You sound just like Motorhead350........ :shake::shake::shake::shake:

bawazir
12-11-2009, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE=fastblackmerc;836875]Actually the Trilogy is more expensive than a Vortech. What you also need to look at is the support before, during and after the purchase. The Trilogy support is world-class, bar none.

IMHO... The Trilogy SC actually looks like it belongs on the engine, not an afterthought. :flamer: :flamer:

There is slight modifications with any SC install, but no internal modifications if you run the car sensibly.

No you don't need heavy duty gaskets :shake::shake: Don't think anyone makes HD gaskets.....

As for the 4.10 gears you might want to rethink that one..... you'll end up burning off the rear tires......

i think your right Trilogy SC would do the work for me...

justbob
12-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Check sig.

If you don't beat the livin snot out of the car then a Trilogy, Jmod, and Control arms will suit you just fine. Perhaps take a ride in several different members cars before you purchase.

DOOM
12-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Go for the trilogy! :banana2:

You won't need the 4:10 gears with the trilogy but you would with the vortec.

DOOM
12-11-2009, 10:15 AM
There's a reason why over 200 kits were sold. :up:

Cheeseheadbob
12-11-2009, 10:18 AM
I'll make it easy for you. Both. Buy two Marauders and install the Trilogy on one and the Vortech on the other. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
Trilogy supercharger or Vortech supercharger??

frdwrnch
12-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Take the time to drive one of each if you can. I have a trilogy and prefer it personally. I like the fit and finish of the roots style blower and the linear feel of the power curve. The vortech seems to have a more "peaky" power curve but may make more power depending on which blower you get and what supporting modifications are done. It's a personal choice.

joemama
12-11-2009, 03:19 PM
There's a reason why over 200 kits were sold. :up:

+1! Its a no brainer...:cool4:

ImpalaSlayer
12-11-2009, 03:23 PM
kits are for losers

CWright
12-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Take the time to drive one of each if you can. I have a trilogy and prefer it personally. I like the fit and finish of the roots style blower and the linear feel of the power curve. The vortech seems to have a more "peaky" power curve but may make more power depending on which blower you get and what supporting modifications are done. It's a personal choice.

+1 on this. I have the paxton novi air to air. A few weeks ago I drove a Gen 1 and a second Gen trilogy. Both cars are awesome. I really like the air to air. Mine made 389 w supercharger then I added headers and it went to 461 on 9.5 lbs of boost. I am not going to persuade you either way. I would say drive each and get a feel for what you like. Plus I am still running the 3:55 gears. I wish you the best. If you go air to air I definitely recommend headers as well. Really opens up the motor.

DEFYANT
12-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Search the site!

Then get a tall glass of Kool Aid.

Drink it.

Call Jerry Barnes at Trilogy and place your order.

ImpalaSlayer
12-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Actually the Trilogy is more expensive than a Vortech. What you also need to look at is the support before, during and after the purchase. The Trilogy support is world-class, bar none.

i called them multiple times and left messages with no return call. yeah there awesome:rolleyes:

CWright
12-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Sorry for double post there. Was doing from my phone.

Bluerauder
12-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi guys,

Why do I get the feeling that Aren Jay is back and having a little fun with us? :shake:

fastblackmerc
12-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Why do I get the feeling that Aren Jay is back and having a little fun with us? :shake:

No it's Motorhead350.

dohc324ci
12-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Personally I would go with the Twin Screw with these boats! But since I am in Cali...Novi 1500 SL + 12LB + BBS should suffice!

ntd
12-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Personally I would go with the Twin Screw with these boats! But since I am in Cali...Novi 1500 SL + 12LB + BBS should suffice!

x2 I was originally looking at doing an Eaton conversion so I could slap on a Whipple later. But a centrifugal deal feel in my lap:burnout:

MarauderTJA
12-11-2009, 06:01 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: You guys should have been around a few years ago during the :bows:Supercharger wars. Bottom line, each has its place depending on your wants and needs and all are good. :beer:. It is called choice.

Local Boy
12-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Boost IS Boost - Whatever form it comes in...IT'S BOOST

You'll be happy either way..

If it's worth anything...I have both Roots and a Centri...

IMHO:

Roots = Instant thrust

Centri's = Smooth after burners

Good Luck...

Aloha

offroadkarter
12-11-2009, 07:16 PM

Trilogy doesn't sell the 2.3 TS anymore :(

Easy come easy go i guess

Bradley G
12-11-2009, 08:43 PM
I went positive displacement, see the sig :D

Spectragod
12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Trilogy doesn't sell the 2.3 TS anymore :(

Easy come easy go i guess

Glad I got mine, the tire dealer loves me. :D

dohc324ci
12-11-2009, 08:55 PM
x2 I was originally looking at doing an Eaton conversion so I could slap on a Whipple later. But a centrifugal deal feel in my lap:burnout:

So your the culprit who bought my blower! How does the Novi Kit feel?

jflave
12-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Go for the trilogy! :banana2:

You won't need the 4:10 gears with the trilogy but you would with the vortec.
I don't understand that statement, why no 4:10 w/trilogy ? :thinker:

252life
12-12-2009, 04:15 AM

4:10's work great to make up for lackluster bottom-end performance, you don't need that with a Trilogy.
The 4:10's will have a negative effect on top speed and gas milage, a MMC driveshaft is probably also needed $$...

(Wider tires and headers are better mods for a Trilogy car)

ntd
12-12-2009, 06:40 AM
So your the culprit who bought my blower! How does the Novi Kit feel?
Sorry about that. Its not installed yet I have almost all the parts I need, just need a maf and a fuel system. Then I'll make my own intake tubing. Once all the bugs are worked out, Time for a new engine and I'll spin the snot out of that Paxton should be fun:burnout:.

Marauderman
12-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi guys,

So, now you have the results from many post here on those which enhance the MM.

Now its up to you--as it was for us---each decided on their own preference --the differences are:

1. Cost
2. Immediate Boost vs Boost later in the pedal.
3. Higher gears now or later: Trilogy not needed but maybe a "want"
Non-roots will "need" the higher gears, but can be done later as you wish.
4. Exhaust : either open it up on install or later.

As you can see here , it is just what everyone has indicated ...its a CHOICE. of what you like and when you want to upgrade. Since everything is money, most do or did theirs in stages, which is recommended to "feel" what your buying and its rewards before it gets lost in so much of an " all at once syndrome" as many have done --like myself.

Trilogy gives you immediate and centrifugal blowers take some help Their add on cost basically equal up to the same in the beginning stages, depending on the add-ons .

So you say you have saved some money ---wonderful...now check around on what we have told you about and see how much you have left---that usually sets the target on what and where you will go ..The rest can come on at a later time...and it will....cause we all do it!!!!!!

Keep us posted on what you decide and how it goes.........

fastblackmerc
12-12-2009, 07:59 AM

The 4.10 are used to get our 4000 lb boat moving from a standstill. Since the 4.6 doesn't have alot of torque in the lower RPM range you need the 4.10 to get the car rolling.

If you add a Trilogy SC you no long have a torque issues at lower RPM. If fact you'll NEVER have torque issues again!

johnnyrauder
12-12-2009, 02:35 PM
i have the vortech v3 with blow through and have no low end torque problems
or high end for that matter..with 410s

bigmerc'03
12-12-2009, 07:32 PM
i have a VORTECH v2 SQ with 410s with no problems getting off the line or holding the power at high end
my first day was like this:drive: and i got this from people:awe::loco::mad2::censor ::nono: and now 7 years later i get these all day:up::up::up:

Undying1
12-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Go for a large turbo

BODYMAN
12-13-2009, 08:43 AM
i called them multiple times and left messages with no return call. yeah there awesome:rolleyes:

+1 on that was working on another members trilogy car and had a few questions 2 or 3 messages and no return call! The other one has always called me right back or e-mailed me back?

281MERC
12-17-2009, 04:32 PM
what viscosity of gear oil are you running?

bob6364
12-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Sooooooooooo....How does someone come to this site and hit on every single subject that has caused a locked thread all in a 3 week period and never been here before...you havent asked about same size tires all the way around or larger brakes or did I miss those....

SC Cheesehead
12-17-2009, 08:50 PM
bob, you forgot "what's the best oil to use" :rolleyes:

Phrog_gunner
12-17-2009, 09:08 PM
No it's Motorhead350.

Seems like he would have been smart enough to put a different state than the one hes from.

DOOM
12-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Seems like he would have been smart enough to put a different state than the one hes from.

You dont know dom very well do you? :flamer:

SC Cheesehead
12-18-2009, 05:13 AM
Is this really Dom?

We haven't heard from him in a while.

Wait, no, it isn't AJ back to haunt us, is it? :rolleyes:

bawazir
01-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Thank you guys for your help & support. I finally made my decision and i decided to go with Trilogy. Just got off the phone with Jerry and he is selling me a kit for $6000 and it includes everything i will need. Hopefully whiten this month i have the payment sent to him and get my s/c in my car.

CWright
01-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Thank you guys for your help & support. I finally made my decision and i decided to go with Trilogy. Just got off the phone with Jerry and he is selling me a kit for $6000 and it includes everything i will need. Hopefully whiten this month i have the payment sent to him and get my s/c in my car.

:congrats::burn::2thumbs:

Local Boy
01-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Let the show begin!...:beer:

Aloha

DOOM
01-26-2010, 09:58 PM

:banana2: :burnout: :burn: :2thumbs:

:beer:

hotford
01-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Yes another trilogy MM I too was on the phone with Jerry last week and I too am waiting for the kit to be prepared.
Great choice!

I do love my centi blowers to as my ModFox runs one with kick ass results.

justbob
01-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Congrats man!

dohc324ci
01-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Congrats Man...if I had a choice thats what I would go with. Vortech/Paxton is my only choice in Cali...

breeze
01-27-2010, 05:09 PM
GOOD JOB!!!...yea, i wana do alot of bolt-ons so i can try to hit 12's N/A but im thinking about not dicking around will all the mods (gear, intake spacer etc.) and just run my full exhaust, J-mod and slap the Roots blower on and call it a day.

bawazir
01-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Like I said to everyone that i am going to place my Trilogy S/C this month. and since than i have been swamped with lot's of PM from differnt members asking me to look in to Dennis Reinhart kit, before making any decision. I really like both kits. but i need more feed back about Dennis Reinhart kit. Do we have any owners with Marauder Vortech air to air supercharger kit. and how dose this kit work with a stock rear end. I am not planning on getting a 4.10 gear.

Thank you guys in advance for your help and support.

-Matt-
01-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Edit: thread was combined

bawazir
01-27-2010, 08:11 PM
You had to make a new thread about this why?

sorry about that

Blackened300a
01-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Try reading some of the vendor reviews and then make a choice. If you have decided on the Trilogy then go for it. Its a great set-up that makes a lot of power.

FordNut
01-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Supercharger!

CWright
01-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Like I said to everyone that i am going to place my Trilogy S/C this month. and since than i have been swamped with lot's of PM from differnt members asking me to look in to Dennis Reinhart kit, before making any decision. I really like both kits. but i need more feed back about Dennis Reinhart kit. Do we have any owners with Marauder Vortech air to air supercharger kit. and how dose this kit work with a stock rear end. I am not planning on getting a 4.10 gear.

Thank you guys in advance for your help and support.

I will say I looked at both kits. I personally like the air to air. Dennis did mine at the end of last year. I have 53k on my clock now. We started out with the S/C only and car made 389 to rear tires. I then decided to go with Kooks headers and car went up to 9.5 lbs of boost making 461 to rear tires. I am very satisfied with the set up on my car. I've driven a trilogy car as well. Both are nice and it just depends on your preference. I am also leaving stock 3.55 in car. I know I could get better out of hole with 4.10's but I'm staying stock. If you have any questions shoot me a PM. All in all it depends on your goals for your car. Good luck on your decision.

justbob
01-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Look man, if you want a blower for in town fun with nothing more than a jmod then get the Trilogy.

If you want to race the thing, then I would get the centri (not saying roots is bad by any stretch). This has been beat to death over the years. It's all about your ultimate goals! Do you maintain your car regularly and willing to learn how to change your own blower oil?(does vortec pipe off the oil pan? or self contained?) Do you drive your car when it's 0* out? Do you show your car and want it to look stock? They all build awesome power, it's only a preference not worth starting more arguements over. Set a deadline date, lose sleep if you have to, and pick up the phone and order it on that deadline!

You will be happy with whatever you get, just don't settle for price.

-Matt-
01-27-2010, 09:18 PM
(does vortec pipe off the oil pan? or self contained?)

uses cars oil source

DOOM
01-27-2010, 09:35 PM
There is a reason why over 200 trilogy kits were sold. :up:

a_d_a_m
01-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Do you maintain your car regularly and willing to learn how to change your own blower oil? Spoiler alert (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58818)!

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 12:20 PM

Wow you actually remember me posting something just like this about six years ago.

Kennyrauder
01-28-2010, 06:35 PM
I have a Vortech... still love that whistle. It's just nice to know another Marauder is getting muscled up. Remember whether it's a Trilogy. Vortech or any other power adder, respect the power & don't get hurt fooling around. You are playing with a whole new animal. Good Luck.

-Matt-
01-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Whistle > Whine IMO

johnnyrauder
01-28-2010, 08:58 PM
the v3 has very low wine i'd say just eough

dohc324ci
01-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Man I want the DR Vortech Kit BAD...LOL V3 self lube any better than the V2?

babbage
02-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Whistle > Whine IMO

quit banging your head and get yours installed already! ;)

babbage
02-01-2010, 07:10 PM
What's the deal with 0 degree weather? I'm not in the market for SC (right now) but if I do drive when it's very cold out which setup is better?

-Matt-
02-01-2010, 07:14 PM
quit banging your head and get yours installed already! ;)

C'mon down and help out!

DOOM
02-01-2010, 08:10 PM
What's the deal with 0 degree weather? I'm not in the market for SC (right now) but if I do drive when it's very cold out which setup is better?

Trilogy. :D

-Matt-
02-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Trilogy. :D

Lies...... Vortech

DOOM
02-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Lies...... Vortech

:shake:.......

RR|Suki
02-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Vortech blowers (and paxton) do have a warning saying not to start the car under a certain temp (can't remember the exact temp right now). When I say the warning I was concerned about it, however I've driven my car every winter since 05.... so yeah, might be one of those cover yourself kind of things after all.

babbage
02-02-2010, 07:15 AM
C'mon down and help out!

I grew up in East Texas - I miss it a bit! I've never installed an SC kit before.

Some day...

-Matt-
02-02-2010, 07:51 AM
I grew up in East Texas - I miss it a bit! I've never installed an SC kit before.

Some day...

Always a first time!! FREE BEER!!! :beer:

justbob
02-02-2010, 12:40 PM

I have driven my Trilogy in -10* weather and raced in 105* with never a hiccup.

Motorhead350
02-02-2010, 02:17 PM
I started and drove my Procharged Marauder when it was -17. No problems!

RR|Suki
02-02-2010, 02:18 PM
I started and drove my Procharged Marauder when it was -17. No problems!

Doesn't yours spring leaks constantly though :P

johnnyrauder
02-02-2010, 02:43 PM
pm me i have one

Motorhead350
02-02-2010, 02:44 PM

I drained all of the oil so it doesn't leak anymore.

RR|Suki
02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
I drained all of the oil so it doesn't leak anymore.

I hope you got the Teflon gears

DOOM
02-02-2010, 06:12 PM

FAIL! :lol:

Marauder131
02-13-2010, 11:53 AM

Wise choice.

Zack
02-13-2010, 12:24 PM
LOL we just bought all the parts for me to Eaton Swap his car.

ImpalaSlayer
02-13-2010, 12:59 PM
LOL we just bought all the parts for me to Eaton Swap his car.

will it still drive sideways?

joemama
02-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Wise choice.

I agree! You cannot go wrong with a Trilogy kit. :bows:

My only regrets are that I did not buy one sooner...:D

Too bad there are no more twin screws though...:(

DOOM
02-13-2010, 02:48 PM

Tell me about it! :depress: :alone:

Zack
02-13-2010, 03:30 PM
I agree! You cannot go wrong with a Trilogy kit. :bows:

My only regrets are that I did not buy one sooner...:D

Tell me about it! :depress: :alone:

You guys KILL ME!

All you need is a Lysholm compressor and the correct length snout!

Talk to these guys and they will fix you up.

www.psesuperchargers.com

ImpalaSlayer
02-13-2010, 03:56 PM
You guys KILL ME!

www.psesuperchargers.com (http://www.psesuperchargers.com)

or a whipple!

Zack
02-13-2010, 04:26 PM
(I think) The Lysholm will accept the Trilogy rear inlet as a direct fit, most definitely not the Whipple.

Im gonna PM Tallboy for some answers.

-Matt-
02-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Its so nice to have you back, zack (that rhymes btw)

ImpalaSlayer
02-13-2010, 04:30 PM
(I think) The Lysholm will accept the Trilogy rear inlet as a direct fit, most definitely not the Whipple.

i wasnt talking about that i ment rip off that ugly trilogy and pop on a real blower!

ntd
02-13-2010, 04:31 PM
You guys KILL ME!

www.psesuperchargers.com (http://www.psesuperchargers.com)

You Sir are a wealth of information and very useful contacts:beer:.

Phrog_gunner
02-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Its so nice to have you back, zack (that rhymes btw)

Me too, that way you can mark out to Z and get off my sack for a while.

-Matt-
02-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Me too, that way you can mark out to Z and get off my sack for a while.

Im already off your sack, im hanging with the cool people with flags now :)

ntd
02-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Im already off your sack, im hanging with the cool people with flags now :)

where's CBT perfect that what she said opportunity:D

Glenn
02-13-2010, 05:46 PM
I know one ugly Trilogy that will hand your hat to everyone on this post except one. :banana2:

Glenn Ford :burnout:

ImpalaSlayer
02-13-2010, 05:47 PM
I know one ugly Trilogy that will hand your hat to everyone on this post except one. :banana2:

Glenn Ford :burnout:

still ugly with that flip over intake. my intake is on the correct side :P

bawazir
02-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Wise choice.

Just changed my mind, am going Zackrilogy instead of Trilogy :banana2:

breeze
02-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Search the site!

Then get a tall glass of Kool Aid.

Drink it.

Call Jerry Barnes at Trilogy and place your order.

i'll b sure to dat when im S/C ready...lol

Spectragod
02-13-2010, 07:40 PM

There is an adapter plate between the rear inlet and the Lysholm, at least there is on my car. :confused:

I don't know if the Eaton uses the same adapter plate or not.

FordNut
02-13-2010, 07:51 PM

The ones I've seen had a different adapter plate.

merc
02-13-2010, 08:03 PM
The ones I've seen had a different adapter plate.

Different bolt pattern.

http://www.opcon.se/www/files/lysholm/pdf/dimensional%20drawings/2300AX.pdf

-Matt-
02-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Just changed my mind, am going Zackrilogy instead of Trilogy :banana2:

You cant buy em on credit :rolleyes:

ImpalaSlayer
02-13-2010, 08:42 PM
you cant buy em on credit :rolleyes:
doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bawazir
02-13-2010, 08:49 PM

no sir i cant, damn your f***in* smart

DOOM
02-13-2010, 08:51 PM

That's what she said! :(

-Matt-
02-13-2010, 08:56 PM
no sir i cant, damn your f***in* smart

I sure am smart, thanks for noticing ;)

bawazir
02-13-2010, 08:58 PM
I sure am smart, thanks for noticing ;)

Okay, okay, I take it back! Un****k you ;)

DOOM
02-13-2010, 09:06 PM
i wasnt talking about that i ment rip off that ugly trilogy and pop on a real blower!

Ain't nothin ugly on trilogy #173 son!
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=18&pictureid=417

ImpalaSlayer
02-13-2010, 09:08 PM

cant polish a turd! :D
i just dont like how it flips over, looks funny. id still buy one though.

-Matt-
02-13-2010, 09:16 PM

It needs a chrome intake and chrome fuse box cover IMO :cool4:

DOOM
02-13-2010, 09:20 PM
cant polish a turd! :D.

I know you can't polish yours but that dosent mean you have to call it a turd! :eek:

:lol:

DOOM
02-13-2010, 09:26 PM
i just dont like how it flips over, looks funny.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID! :rofl:

Kennyrauder
02-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Look Pal ,It's way passed midnight on this thread...... I don't care what the heck you buy & install but get it the ****** done. I have never seen anyone take up so much air time as you. GET IT TOGETHER OR GET ANOTHER LIFE!!!!!

bawazir
02-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Look Pal ,It's way passed midnight on this thread...... I don't care what the heck you buy & install but get it the ****** done. I have never seen anyone take up so much air time as you. GET IT TOGETHER OR GET ANOTHER LIFE!!!!!

I made my decision a while ago.

252life
02-13-2010, 11:03 PM
There is an adapter plate between the rear inlet and the Lysholm, at least there is on my car. :confused:

That's correct (rear inlet is also modified for the bypass actuator)

-Matt-
02-13-2010, 11:11 PM
I made my decision a while ago.

So you going to sell the marauder?!?!? Congrats man!!

MM03MOK
02-13-2010, 11:13 PM
We've exhausted the topic of this thread. Feel free to start a new thread for any additional topics.