PDA

View Full Version : Car trailer stolen

bob6364
12-28-2009, 04:28 PM
My car trailer was stolen from the plainfield,ct area over the holidays
its black dual axle with a black tool box on the tongue and 2 brown
secondary ramps on top $100 reward for information leading to the
persons apprehension...I never took a pic of it so I found a web pic and doctored it.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t153/bob6364/MISC/MyTrailer.jpg

ImpalaSlayer
12-28-2009, 04:54 PM
that sucks man!

Rocknthehawk
12-28-2009, 05:00 PM
I'll post it on two local forums bob

Glenn
12-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your trailer lose, but people has got to be careful with trailers as well as cars. My trailer is parked by the side of my garage with 1/2" wire cables strung through the spokes of the wheels on each side and locked with large Master locks. Plus the hitch is locked so a ball cannot be placed in it to pull it away. No need to describe the back-up system consisting of a complete alarm system with motion and infared detectors and two-way listening, perimeter security lights, my dog and gun cabinet fill of really neat goodies.

Glenn Ford :burnout:

bob6364
12-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your trailer lose, but people has got to be careful with trailers as well as cars. My trailer is parked by the side of my garage with 1/2" wire cables strung through the spokes of the wheels on each side and locked with large Master locks. Plus the hitch is locked so a ball cannot be placed in it to pull it away. No need to describe the back-up system consisting of my dog and gun cabinet fill of really neat goodies.

If it was my house it would still be here there is always a truck or something in front of it plus the Beagle doesn't let anyone in the yard without sounding off ....was at a buddies garage,and no its not his fault BobtheBuilder does not think that way....

FordNut
12-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear it.

One reason I hate to loan my stuff out.

W4LTD
12-28-2009, 05:46 PM
If you're familiar with Craig's List, check there often within the next few weeks. They're inundated with stolen merchandise for sale. http://nwct.craigslist.org/

W4LTD
12-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your trailer lose, but people has got to be careful with trailers as well as cars. My trailer is parked by the side of my garage with 1/2" wire cables strung through the spokes of the wheels on each side and locked with large Master locks. Plus the hitch is locked so a ball cannot be placed in it to pull it away. No need to describe the back-up system consisting of a complete alarm system with motion and infared detectors and two-way listening, perimeter security lights, my dog and gun cabinet fill of really neat goodies.

Yikes! All this security for a trailer? I guess better safe than sorry...
;)

scruff
12-28-2009, 05:56 PM
that sucks big time anyone with a trailer should invest in one of the hitch locks there not fool proof but no thief wants to hang around for long while he,s stealing your rig I also have a iron gate here that keeps onlookers out while no one is home

bob6364
12-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Yikes! All this security for a trailer? I guess better safe than sorry...
;)

Thanks...Way ahead of you monitoring ebay,craigslist(with crazedlist) and backpage.com plus have multiple google alerts set.Posted flyers and informed my best friend who is a 20 year sargent in the ct state police,he was gonna read my description at role call.....not that any of that matters trailers diappear so easy.

bob6364
12-28-2009, 06:04 PM
that sucks big time anyone with a trailer should invest in one of the hitch locks there not fool proof but no thief wants to hang around for long while he,s stealing your rig I also have a iron gate here that keeps onlookers out while no one is home

The landscape trailer i bought had one of those and the lady could not find the key....I had it off in less then 1 min with a quality hacksaw and blade.... she laughed her ass off because her husband reamed her a knew one for not putting it on one night....i left it on the door step for him to see when he got home....

bob6364
12-29-2009, 05:45 AM
***bumpity***

LeoVampire
02-11-2010, 02:18 PM
***bumpity***

Sorry to hear about this though. Any VIN numbers on or available for the trailer?

If so might want to contact the RI DMV and see if anyone registered a trailer reciently.

Also sorry I saw this now instead of when it happend.

twin03
02-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Any VIN numbers on the trailer? If so, call your local police department. I took a stolen report for a vehicle trailer that had a vin and trailer tags. The officer that will respond will put your info in the NCIC.

Phrog_gunner
02-11-2010, 05:05 PM

It's all your fault bob, if you were as smart as glen to work one of those lok and kabil things, you would still have your trailur.

First dibbs on waterboarding the culprits!!!!

bumpity

bob6364
02-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately the trailer was at my buddies shop to get prepped to be brought to DMV to have a vin assigned....so no vin :(

Georges93LX
02-13-2010, 01:58 PM
If it has no VIN how would you prove it's yours?

bob6364
02-13-2010, 05:53 PM
If it has no VIN how would you prove it's yours?

Thats a good question....i do have a bill of sale from the previous owner and a pic or 2 with a car on it.

Phrog_gunner
02-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Thats a good question....i do have a bill of sale from the previous owner and a pic or 2 with a car on it.

Being able to ID what's in the toolbox would help too.

bob6364
02-13-2010, 06:02 PM
4 brand frickin new 3" rachet straps with soft no mar rubber on the hooks,some battery cables and 2 aluminum ramps that don't go into the self storage at the back of the trailer.

Georges93LX
02-13-2010, 09:01 PM
4 brand frickin new 3" rachet straps with soft no mar rubber on the hooks,some battery cables and 2 aluminum ramps that don't go into the self storage at the back of the trailer.

I'm no LEO but that would be good enough for me. Hope you get it back.

Egon Spengler
02-14-2010, 02:05 AM
I'll keep an eye out for it!