PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Buy Does this '04 exist?

69428SCJ
12-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey all, I'm looking for a black/charcoal or flint '04 with certain options. I've looked through the site but I couldn't find the answer to what I was wondering. The following options are what I'm looking for, let me know if I can find one with:

Auto release fuel door
In-dash Clock
Map pockets in the front seats
Full size spare
Auto Release Parking brake
Heated seats
Traction control
4R75W transmission

I know this is a combo of 300A and 300B but maybe this bad body was a late '03 when they were mish-mashing the two. If that's the case then I'd be open to an '03, no other options that exist are of importance to me. Mileage isn't much of a factor either as this will be a DD. I would also consider Silver, but not a big fan of blue or DTR. Price range is $12-15,000. Not looking for an immediate buy but if someone stumbles upon it I would be greatly appreciative of any word passed along.

W4LTD
12-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey all, I'm looking for a black/charcoal or flint '04 with certain options. I've looked through the site but I couldn't find the answer to what I was wondering. The following options are what I'm looking for, let me know if I can find one with:

Auto release fuel door
In-dash Clock
Full size spare
Heated seats
Traction control
4R75W transmission

I know this is a combo of 300A and 300B but maybe this bad body was a late '03 when they were mish-mashing the two. If that's the case then I'd be open to an '03, no other options that exist are of importance to me. Mileage isn't much of a factor either as this will be a DD. I would also consider Silver, but not a big fan of blue or DTR. Price range is $12-15,000. Not looking for an immediate buy but if someone stumbles upon it I would be greatly appreciative of any word passed along.

Auto release fuel door NO
In-dash Clock NO
Map pockets in the front seats NO
Full size spare NO
Auto Release Parking brake NO
Heated seats YES
Traction control YES
4R75W transmission YES

69428SCJ
12-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Okay, well after thinking about it, I guess the in-dash clock isn't really necessary. Or the map pockets and the full-size spare. I can always buy that one at the dealership...

FordNut
12-29-2009, 07:29 PM
No.

Auto release fuel door: early '03 only (possibly a few in the transition period)
In-dash Clock: early '03 only (possibly a few in the transition period)
Map pockets in the front seats: early '03 only (possibly a few in the transition period)
Full size spare: early '03 only
Auto Release Parking brake: early '03 only (possibly a few in the transition period)
Heated seats: late '03 and '04 only (possibly a few in the transition period)
Traction control: late '03 and '04 only (possibly a few in the transition period)
4R75W transmission: '04 only

The exact combo was never made. Some of the features you mentioned are mutually exclusive. If it has traction control it doesn't have the full-size spare. Most common in '03 were the early (300A) and the late (300B). There were very few with unique combinations during the transition period in mid-'03, they are commonly referred to as pre-decontented 300B. All of the seats with map pockets were the dark charcoal interior.

I would recommend getting a 300A and adding aftermarket seat heaters. I've heard of someone on here adding traction control to a 300A but it's a pretty extensive (and expensive) mod.

If you get a 300B or an '04, you could change the seat covers and add the remote fuel door release & dash clock, but the wiring isn't in the harness so you would have to get the wiring connectors and pigtails in order to add the electrical mods.

Switching to a full size spare is simple, but you'll need to get the cover to go with it since it's different from the one for the space saver.

Another thing you lose on the '04 is the underhood light.

stevengerard
12-29-2009, 07:29 PM
with a list of cars you have do you even need an MM

69428SCJ
12-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks FordNut for the info, and yes Steven I do. I just can't stand having the Impala and not a Marauder, plus I've wanted the marauder since they first came out. I couldn't afford them at the time since I was just a college freshman, now that I have a grown up job, it's time.

Ms. Denmark
12-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Hope you find your dream Marauder...it is well worth having! And welcome to the site!

fastblackmerc
12-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Auto release fuel door NO
In-dash Clock NO
Full size spare NO
Auto Release Parking brake NO
Heated seats YES
Traction control YES
4R75W transmission YES

I have an '04
Auto release fuel door SOON
In-dash Clock YES
Full size spare NO
Auto Release Parking brake SOON
Heated seats YES
Traction control YES
4R75W transmission YES

The next question is "HOW?"

FordNut
12-29-2009, 08:55 PM
I have an '04
Auto release fuel door SOON
In-dash Clock YES
Full size spare NO
Auto Release Parking brake SOON
Heated seats YES
Traction control YES
4R75W transmission YES

The next question is "HOW?"

Underhood light?

69428SCJ
12-29-2009, 09:08 PM
You know...the underhood light in my Impala doesn't work and it frustrates the crap out of me. Maybe I should start looking for a 300A instead of the '04. Problem is I'm wanting that 4R75W since I plan on "warming over" shall we say the engine (especially if it's a higher mileage one!) but would the extra knock sensor truly make any difference? I guess what I'm really asking is what was Ford's reasoning for putting the second one on the car?

FordNut
12-30-2009, 05:21 AM
You know...the underhood light in my Impala doesn't work and it frustrates the crap out of me. Maybe I should start looking for a 300A instead of the '04. Problem is I'm wanting that 4R75W since I plan on "warming over" shall we say the engine (especially if it's a higher mileage one!) but would the extra knock sensor truly make any difference? I guess what I'm really asking is what was Ford's reasoning for putting the second one on the car?

The '03 300B still has the underhood light but it has the 4R70W and single knock sensor. There was one member long ago that switched their PCM and added the second knock sensor, reported virtually no difference. The 4R75W is certainy a better transmission but virtually every internal piece that is improved in the 4R75W can be put into the 4R70W during a performance rebuild.

fastblackmerc
12-30-2009, 05:44 AM
Underhood light?

Yes.......

offroadkarter
12-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Post pics of cobra and I'll sell you my 04 with all the crap your looking for :D

Big Black Beast
12-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Why do you want the map pockets? I keep forgetting they're even there. I should look in them someday. Maybe there's money in them!

Glockafella
12-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Why do you want the map pockets? I keep forgetting they're even there. I should look in them someday. Maybe there's money in them!

I keep my insurance infor in my passager side, a gun in the driver side...:D

FordNut
12-30-2009, 02:25 PM

Spare key, timeslips, pistol, etc...

69428SCJ
12-30-2009, 09:24 PM
I want them well, because they were offered at the beginning of production. Jeez, the more you guys make me think about what I originally posted the less I think I care about them. I hate to say it much to the shagrin of some of some of y'all, but I'm interested in that MM turned police cruiser posted over in the for sale section.

snookey
12-31-2009, 10:08 AM
the biggest option is the ''factory moon roof'' only found on the 04 they started in he spring of 04 the 03 don't have this option. some have dealer installed not ftom the factory

FordNut
12-31-2009, 10:29 AM
The '04 also has a short overhead console instead of the longer one with sunglass holder.

69428SCJ
12-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Argh! I don't need to know that there was a sunroof option! Thankfully that's not a big deal for me...the only reason why I would want that is due to the rarity.

cruzer
12-31-2009, 06:21 PM
I have one--all the features of the '03 300A--traction control and mini-spare-70 tranny---no sun roof--no heated seats--there were about 14 made--nearly all had some differences. MartyO's is one of these--with a few mods;) Maury

69428SCJ
01-05-2010, 06:21 PM
What about this one? (http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/1535464854.html) Too much? I'm seriously considering this one...

W4LTD
01-05-2010, 06:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Mercury-Marauder_W0QQitemZ170425284080 QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Tru cks?hash=item27ae2375f0#ht_500 wt_975

Higher mileage, looks to be in good shape -- but the engine is filthy. :shake:

69428SCJ
01-05-2010, 07:21 PM
That would save me some $ if I could get it for the current price, only problem is it would wind up being a push because I'd have to pay to have the car shipping from MI to CA...

Hadamustang1
01-06-2010, 07:29 AM
If you want I could go look at that one for you..

Thunderace
01-06-2010, 07:32 AM

Auto release fuel door
In-dash Clock
Full size spare
Heated seats
Traction control
4R75W transmission

2 MONTHS AGO YOU COULD HAVE HAD OUR '03 300A BLK/CHAR. 58,000 MILES, NO WINTERS, NO ACCIDENTS. HAD ALL OPTIONS EXCEPT T/C AND 4R75W TRANS. ORIG. WINDOW STICKER SAID 300A, AND BUILD DATE 10-03. NICE NICE CAR FOR AROUND 13K, OH WELL ITS SOMEWHERE IN IND. NOW. GOOD LUCK IN YOU SEARCH.:beer:

69428SCJ
01-06-2010, 02:52 PM
2 MONTHS AGO YOU COULD HAVE HAD OUR '03 300A BLK/CHAR. 58,000 MILES, NO WINTERS, NO ACCIDENTS. HAD ALL OPTIONS EXCEPT T/C AND 4R75W TRANS. ORIG. WINDOW STICKER SAID 300A, AND BUILD DATE 10-03. NICE NICE CAR FOR AROUND 13K, OH WELL ITS SOMEWHERE IN IND. NOW. GOOD LUCK IN YOU SEARCH.:beer:

DAMN! Well had I came back two months ago I would've!

If you want I could go look at that one for you..

If you could please. The man I spoke to's name is Peter, tell him that Loren (that's my name) sent you. I would very much appreciate it! I'm flying up there on the 16th anyway to more than likely purchase the car, but it would be nice to get another set of MM "calibrated" eyes on it.

timfromme
01-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Hate to overstep myself here, but what underhood light? I have a 2003 with no underhood light. ???? Its a 300B. Prob just a 300A only thing. Is there a wiring harness and light fixture I can still get at FLM for the underhood light?